LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the 4th time i've asked this question and i still don't think anyone has answered me. i apologize for asking again if y'all have and i overlooked the answer. are the 2 trucks in front of circle K both brandon's truck?
I don't think they are based on Mouton's interview on KPEL.
If you remember correctly I believe we had three to four vehicles of interest that were in the immediate area that we were very interested in. And we eliminated three – look, they were in the area, they confirmed they were in the area, but they all had, you know, credible stories and credible information that we felt they were not involved. But we never could find the Z-71. Not the driver, not the person, why wouldn’t that person come forward? Because you would know if you were driving in that area at the time.
Eliminated three vehicles.

I wonder if there was a fight over the knife. didn't think about it, but that wound would have bled a lot. Facial and neck wounds bleed a lot because there are tons of capillaries in those locations. You are right, there would have been a lot of blood in the truck or wherever -- enough for two pressure washers.

BSL's truck burned on May 31st.

The wood shop business in Lafayette where the pressure washers,tools and misc. auto parts were stolen burned on June 6th.

I don't think BSL stole the pressure washers and set the building on fire so he could go to Texas and put out the fire in his truck in Texas.

BSL would have had to know that this specific place had a pressure washer if that is what he was after.

MOO- the two are not related at all.

Some crack addicts probably broke in, stole the stuff for cash and set the place on fire to cover up what they stole.

right. it's jagged both as a line and depth wise, like a struggled gash - not straight and varying depth.

when do they make these notes of scars on the RSO sites? when would the last note of scars have been made?

If a person made that scar, I wonder if they would have to be right or left handed to make that scar. What hand do ya'll think a person would have used? Do we know which hand Mickey used?

right. it's jagged both as a line and depth wise, like a struggled gash - not straight and varying depth.

when do they make these notes of scars on the RSO sites? when would the last note of scars have been made?

I could see a cut like this coming from the skirting around the trailer. Someone mentioned this way back. I could imagine if he were trying to prop open a section from the side with his shoulder while he used both hands to push something back there. Seems like that might line up with his neck if he weren't careful.

<modsnip>
I'm attaching the recent booking mugshot with the red hypertrophic/ keloid type scar that is seen on the right side of BSL's neck. To me this scar seems to extend much further back on his neck than I first thought. The scar running back up his neck (behind the keloid area) is white in appearance to me. Do you all see this? This is a pretty long scar all in all. The keloid (red) area is at the end only and appears to be much deeper (and maybe wider) of a cut than the rest of the injury, JMO.

URL]

BSL's RSO record does not include this scar (I know this has been stated); his last verification date was May 28, 2012. Scars/Tattoos: Scar on Ribs (1 inch Surgical Scar on Left side) , Scar on Ribs (1 INCH SURGICAL SCAR ON L SIDE) , Scar on Hand (Surgery on right hand)
http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=1417897&AgencyID=54450

My point is that this is a long scar and the red area is very noticeable; if it's old, it would have been included in his RSO file. I think it's recent and the tip of it healed as a keloid scar. Wonder what his explanation is for this?
I think that's a neck crease. It's on the other side too.

BSL's truck burned on May 31st.

The wood shop business in Lafayette where the pressure washers,tools and misc. auto parts were stolen burned on June 6th.

I don't think BSL stole the pressure washers and set the building on fire so he could go to Texas and put out the fire in his truck in Texas.

BSL would have had to know that this specific place had a pressure washer if that is what he was after.

MOO- the two are not related at all.

Some crack addicts probably broke in, stole the stuff for cash and set the place on fire to cover up what they stole.

Pressure washers are what the crack addicts were after; the other business that almost burned that night was a pressure washer business. Mobile homes have concrete slabs which are an excellent reason to use a pressure washer. Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when one finds a trout in the milk. Or in this case a very bloody murder that had to be cleaned up by two people apparently.

<modsnip>

IMO, the scars should be relative to the individual not the viewer, but who knows? I'm beginning to wonder if RSO scars are subject to the offender's description only. Who actually verifies (in person) any of this info? Looks like some errors for BSL. :pullhair:

Oh, it was totally illegal! He was not supposed to be around the girl. But the mother was one of those women who put her man before her child. I know he registered that as his address, b/c there was a sign in the yard. But I think what the mother did was, claim the girl was now living with a relative. Only she wasn't, she lived in the house with the mother and the sicko. But the state didn't know that. I can't believe a neighbor or family member didn't turn the mother in.

outrageous! what is with these mothers?!! weak weak weak

Tier III Offenses (Level 2 Sex Offender) is the most serious designated sex offender. It includes those convicted of violent and non-violent acts, with minors or adults. Tier III offenses require being registered on the Sexual Offender Registry for the duration of the offender&#8217;s lifetime, with verification of the information on a quarterly basis.

http://www.sexcrimecriminaldefense.com/registered-sex-offender/

Well, to be fair, all we know is that his girlfriend was "talking marriage" not that he was. Who knows what that meant, kwim? It could have been her saying she could see herself marrying this guy, not that they were talking about it together or that BSL had any intention of marrying her.

But aside from that, I don't really know why he would want to (because we know he'd married in the past). Maybe he battles internal demons and wants to do normal things hoping that would make him normal. Or maybe he was trying to portray normalcy to be a better predator. Either way, he's a sick dude.

As I responded before, I believe it is in part misdirection - so that he can carry on his "real" life of stalking, attacking, and killing women. People see there is a wife, girlfriend and that seems normal to people - what a great husband/ father/breadwinner, etc.

Plus having a wife/girlfriend who does you laundry, cleans your house, makes your meals, cleans up the kitchen, etc. gives you plenty of extra time for your stalking adventures.

They are living for the thrill, that is their "real" life.

I could see a cut like this coming from the skirting around the trailer. Someone mentioned this way back. I could imagine if he were trying to prop open a section from the side with his shoulder while he used both hands to push something back there. Seems like that might line up with his neck if he weren't careful.
I agree and that was my first thought on it too - the trailer skirting.

As I responded before, I believe it is in part misdirection - so that he can carry on his "real" life of stalking, attacking, and killing women. People see there is a wife, girlfriend and that seems normal to people - what a great husband/ father/breadwinner, etc.

Plus having a wife/girlfriend who does you laundry, cleans your house, makes your meals, cleans up the kitchen, etc. gives you plenty of extra time for your stalking adventures.
Please don't anyone let Mr. Megsy know that this is what wives are supposed to be doing.

I'm almost sorry to share this but y'all might find this interesting reading: Registration Requirements for LA State Sex Offenders & Child Predators.

There's no restriction indicated about RSOs being in the vicinity of children -- only schools (and that only applies to RSOs who preyed on victims younger than 13!). They're also prohibited from wearing masks and handing out candy, etc. and from using social media in the way that is relevant to their crime (if applicable).

Stealing photos from of a non-player's PRIVATE Facebook page and posting photos of the perp with a VERY YOUNG MINOR CHILD????

Really? Did that just really happen on here???

NOT

one.

more.

word.

about any of those photos. Not another word of discussion about any of the non-player's Facebook pages.

Lengthy Time Outs forthcoming to anyone who continues on after this warning.

There is a book called Bone Coulee and there is a snipped that I came across that mentioned a guy with blood on his jeans talking to a girl with grey slipper like shoes, grey jeans and a tunic. Nothing to do with this but weird.

I think that's a neck crease. It's on the other side too.

At first viewing from my mobile, I thought the arresting officers had to take him down in a choke-hold or sump'n. Then, when I saw a larger photo, I thought so, too (just a neck crease); but the more I look at it, the more I see a white thin scar ending in the raised, red, keloid type scar.:twocents:

Either way, not listed on his RSO file.

I'm almost sorry to share this but y'all might find this interesting reading: Registration Requirements for LA State Sex Offenders & Child Predators.

There's no restriction indicated about RSOs being in the vicinity of children -- only schools. They're also prohibited from wearing masks and handing out candy, etc. and from using social media in the way that is relevant to their crime (if applicable).

Excellent post here! RSOs make and model of motor vehicle they drive and license plates are available online for all to see, makes it easy for them to be a target.

There's no restriction indicated about RSOs being in the vicinity of children -- only schools. They're also prohibited from wearing masks and handing out candy, etc. and from using social media in the way that is relevant to their crime (if applicable).

Yet BSL had a facebook page.. Seems BSL would have been in violation due to omitting the G. from his last name. Wonder how many of his FB friends knew of his RSO status?

www.facebook.com/help/?faq=210081519032737
Convicted sex offenders are prohibited from using Facebook. Once we are able to verify a user's status as a sex offender, we immediately disable their acc.

http://www.pt-news.org/facebook-inc-fb-privacy-laws-and-cyber-predators/125954/
Louisiana has recently adopted a new law which would require convicted sex offenders to disclose their criminal status on Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) and other social networks before they can sign up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member