LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe she knew about his record. Maybe she thought it was a knife wound, but also thought that he had been the victim.

Right, the hairdresser didn't know his record. But didn't the girlfriend that was talking about marrying him know?

That's very true. Or maybe she didn't think of it as a knife wound until after she learned that he was a RSO that had just got convicted of murder and kidnapping. That would change my train of thought a little bit. haha. It's possible that she thought maybe he had some kind of medical situation/surgery or something. Which is pretty taboo to ask about when you're first getting to know someone.

Could be to cover up any visible injuries he may have- "oh yeah I got cut up replacing the skirting on my house" but if the trailer has only been there about a year, Why would anything need to be replaced already?

Well, there are several reasons a mobile home owner would need to remove/replace skirting, no matter the age of the mobile home. For one, skirting is easily damaged by a weed eater. But I wouldn't see the need to run out and replace it just b/c it had a couple holes in it, especially when you live out in BFE and it's not like you have a landlord enforcing any rules about that sort of thing. Also, maybe he wasn't replacing it as in putting new skirting up. It's possible a pipe was leaking and he removed the skirting, went under to see about that, and put the skirting back, and now the neighbors are thinking it meant more than it did. Or maybe there was an animal under there, he was trying to get rid of. Could be any number of things. It doesn't HAVE to be relevant to the case. But it just might be. I'm sure it will all come out in time.

I hope it is true because if that's the excuse/explanation he tries to use in court there are cameras every couple of feet on Bourbon Street so that could easily be proven/debunked.

If only he really did get caught on camera being beat up on Bourbon. I think I'd pay to watch that video. :)

I'm not sure what you mean "looking for some love" sometimes the meaning of a statement in text can be misunderstood. That said, I have to point out that IMO these predators are not looking for "some love" and love has nothing to do with unwanted advances. I think this person was looking for a victim. These crimes are not being committed by men who are just lonely or had a fight with their gf/wife. Too many people still equate rape with lust, rape is a violent assault of a sexual nature. :twocents:

I get what you're saying, but I think the OP was simply trying to speak euphemistically. I'm not sure "he was out looking for some *advertiser censored**" would sit well with forum leaders.

If a guy is looking for sex, he goes to a bar, calls an old girlfriend or finds a prostitute. If he is looking to get violent, rape and/or kill a woman, he grabs one off the street, off of her bike, jumps into her car, climbs into her window, etc...

Dumb and desperate? IDTS.

jmo

IDTS? I (sheepishly) don't know what that means. :)

It took me forever to figure out LE and DWT. haha New here... and pretty sucky at remembering acronyms.

'All of the above'...

I was thinking about this yesterday. Why not identify all RSOs in our zip codes whether we live in LA or elsewhere. Then check to see if they have Facebook pages. If FB Pages are found, then we could notify FB of their violation and have their accounts cancelled.. It may not be a cure all, but it's a start...

http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=210081519032737

How can I report a convicted sex offender?

Convicted sex offenders are prohibited from using Facebook. Once we are able to verify a user’s status as a sex offender, we immediately disable their account and remove their account and all information associated with it.

I have done this exact thing. I check my area monthly for RSO's and then I check to see if they are on FB. You would be shocked to know how many have FB accounts. I also report them the RSO's who have FB accounts to Centers for the Missing too. @ https://report.cybertip.org/index.htm;jsessionid=A9E3984A1547B0DBD9A4E8DBA77…

IDTS? I (sheepishly) don't know what that means. :)

It took me forever to figure out LE and DWT. haha New here... and pretty sucky at remembering acronyms.
I don't think so. :)

I have a question about the murder charge. It may have been asked/answered in an earlier thread that I missed so I apologize in advance if that's the case.

What is the probable basis for this particular murder charge? What is the minimum evidence needed to obtain a warrant for murder? Without a body, no known hard evidence of death, etc. And what is the likelihood that the murder charge will be dropped by the grand jury??

I get that they're not releasing things (probably a lot of things) to the public. But I'm curious as to how solid this murder case will be.

I believe its Dang White Truck... Could be wrong. :) Wouldn't be the first time. ha!

driving while texting

:D Hahahaaa lmao!! Needed the laugh thank you.

( laff my *advertiser censored** off ) :)

Added : lmbbo is my new fav.
Laugh my bubble butt off.
Sorry for OT.

Please bring Mickey home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have a question about the murder charge. It may have been asked/answered in an earlier thread that I missed so I apologize in advance if that's the case.

What is the probable basis for this particular murder charge? What is the minimum evidence needed to obtain a warrant for murder? Without a body, no known hard evidence of death, etc. And what is the likelihood that the murder charge will be dropped by the grand jury??

I get that they're not releasing things (probably a lot of things) to the public. But I'm curious as to how solid this murder case will be.

Grand Juries basically listen to the prosecution present a portion of their case, just enough to try for the indictments. The defense does not get a chance to participate, so generally, the charges will stand, unless they are ridiculous, IMO. I think LE will able to show that it is logical that Mickey is not alive, since they should be able to show A: that he kidnapped her, possibly after hitting her with his truck B: that she was never seen again C: some of whatever other evidence they have, including how they know he was at WB where the bike was found

The Grand Jury is not convicting him, just agreeing with the prosecution, that yes, there is reason to believe that the charges have not been made in haste or without reason.

JMO

I live in a rural area...there are 10 RSO's within a 2 mile radius of my house. :pullhair:

Sooo frustrating!! I have 14 RSO's within a 1 mile radius of my home and the sad thing is that there is both an elementary and middle school directly behind my home. Now it's one thing if a 18 year old boy has a 16 year old gf and parents get mad yada yada. But that is only the case in 2 of the 14 RSO's in my area! 7 of them (50%) have charges involving juveniles and only 2 of them are listed as Tier 3. The only two that are listed as Tier 3 are charged with rape and forcible rape. So IMO it has to be a VIOLENT attack to be considered a Tier 3 like BSL and there is no law (at least being enforced) that prevents them from living in school zones.

I've heard that searches have been going on yesterday and today. Has anyone seen them yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth