LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. The white male with gold teeth, wearing a Saints jersey and black hat that assaulted him for no reason at the gas station located in the place he can't remember, was also armed with vines of poison ivy, which after stabbing BSL, he proceeded to rub all over him. Uh huh:). :pinocchio:
JMO

I like to call him "#24"

Yes. The white male with gold teeth, wearing a Saints jersey and black hat that assaulted him for no reason at the gas station located in the place he can't remember, was also armed with vines of poison ivy, which after stabbing BSL, he proceeded to rub all over him. Uh huh:). :pinocchio:
JMO

Wow, he was a victim of bio-chemical warfare! That boy just can't get a break can he?!?!?!:what:

maybe he lost his wallet at Wb...while getting rid of the bike and thats why he had to say it was stollen. Do we know if he did get a new drivers license? Maybe thats how the police know he was there...and when he was there. He may not have known where he lost it..so reported it missing the next day..makeing up the story about the attack. So the police would know he was there before he reported the wallet missing? Being the morning after mickey was abducted.

I just don't think the wallet was ever lost. My opinion of course.

Willow Oaks Equestrian Center where Mickey stables her horses and worked is only about 8 miles from BSLs property on Constantine Rd.

I wonder if he's been to any horse shows here and if he's been watching Mickey for awhile?

Willow Oaks Equestrian Center where Mickey stables her horses and worked is only about 8 miles from BSLs property on Constantine Rd.

I wonder if he's been to any horse shows here and if he's been watching Mickey for awhile?

That gives me chills. It's the first thing I've come across to make me think there's a small chance this wasn't a random abduction.

Oh no, I'm sure it's quite a bit farther than that. More like 20 give or take. Someone please set me straight if I'm wrong.
MC, I do remember reading in several articles that it's 6 miles away, but that's just not right in my mind.

Its more like 40 miles. A 45 minute drive with little traffic.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Do we know the time that he was treated at Opelousas General? I'm wondering if the treatment at OGH was the Sunday... just wondering about this.

This guy has no conscience. He is an OJ Simpson... can do no wrong... he appears to think he is the victim...

Wishing he could see the light and give poor Mickey up to her family so they could be at peace!
I doubt OGH would do such a surgery on a Sunday unless it was a dire emergency. I am thinking they set him up for surgery on Monday or Tuesday. Plus, by this time, it would have given the poison ivy time to be full blown.

Wonder what the reason would be to remove the grips....maybe he did have the bike for some time and was thinking it would look like a diff bike without the grips. If it were to remove fingerprints ..why not just wipe them down and throw the whole bike in water?

Would the grips have small holes in the ends? If so, maybe he felt blood (his, from his hand wounds, most likely) might have become trapped inside and could not rinse away completely unless the grips were separate.

143 Elaine Lane, Church Point, La

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/143-Elaine-Ln-Church-Point-LA-70525/2133139363_zpid/

The Daily Advertiser confirmed last week that Lavergne owns two properties on Constantine Road in Lafayette Parish in the Duson area.
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120715/NEWS01/207150334/Troubles-follow-suspect

Link to map from Bertrand Drive, Lafayette to Constantine Road, Duson to Church Point to Whiskey Bay:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=B...hjHESGLLDCGi6w&oq=Whiskey+Bay&mra=ls&t=h&z=11

Would it be helpful for me to map the back road way to his house in cp from laffy?

Its more like 40 miles. A 45 minute drive with little traffic.

Well, being an Opelousas native, I know it's like 22 miles from there to Lafayette, so I wouldn't think that from Lafayette to Swords is 40 miles.

what do you guys think the point of this would be??!! especially after the father stated how difficult it was to take the grips off. if it was just for fingerprints he would just need to wipe them off, not remove the entire grips. and if he didn't want the bike identified then randomly through the grips out the window going down the highway or something in different locations you'd think???

Well, I couldn't imagine what his thought process was...but I'm kinda sure that he's not the sharpest crayon in the box.

I think that it was premeditated due to the fact that biking is like driving to girls like Mickey, but walking is not. Walking home is considered more dangerous than cycling home. Am I making sense? Unless totally drunk, girls don't just walk home. But a these cycling girls will ride home.
This is just my opinion from knowing g a few cycling females. They don't sense danger to be as prominent as it would've if they were walking. Not many expect a truck to ride upon them and hit them. I'm they do now!

I agree with you completely but there are so many vulnerable times. When I leave a place late at night the parking lots are sometimes empty and there aren't a lot of people around. I always worry that someone will be in tween the cars or hiding behind a fence. Or when I pull into my garage I worry someone will make it in under the door. There are just so many other ways.

Well, I couldn't imagine what his thought process was...but I'm kinda sure that he's not the sharpest crayon in the box.

You are right about that. All the prosecuter will have to say is:

"Dude, abduction. Murder. A found bike. Stab wounds. Gold-toothed white guy. #24. And a burnt truck!!!! WTH you expect people to think? Moron!!

It probably just needed to be stitched due to a deep cut.

If that were the case, Oschner's would have cleaned it and stitched it and then tell him to follow up with his family doctor. No, he had to have some sort of tendon/ligament damage.

He may have just shut off her phone to keep her from using it; we don't know for sure if he remembered about his own phone. If he was so CSI-oriented, why leave the grips there at all, why not ditch them elsewhere or destroy them? And he seemed to have forgotten all about video, which is really stupid these days. Also, we don't know what LE has to place him at WB, but they have something, another something that did not occur to him. I don't think he is very smart at all.

I also don't believe he is a serial killer who has been getting away with crimes for years. He spent most of his adult years in prison and before that, seemed to stick to assaulting women he knew. JMO

bbm: The video thing. You know, I am from a rural background and, until I started here at WS, I never thought much about being on camera just about every populous spot I might go in the world. Oh, I knew about cameras at banks and stores; but all these on-the-street cameras, private security cameras? Nah.

I guess BSL might be kind of a country boy ...? And also, let's not forget he was in prison for a number of years; you can kind of lose touch with current technology, etc., there, I'd think.

Now, if he truly is a serious "student" of forensics, this shouldn't apply -- but I tend to think maybe he isn't.

But seriously, I am worried about him claiming manslaughter, like it was an accident, and being let out of prison in a couple of years or even 10 yrs. He surely wasn't rehabilitated at 8 yrs. What would happen if he claimed it to be an accident? How would the trial and his sentence (sp?) pan out?

Maybe he thought that if he removed the grips, it would help the frame to fill more quickly with water and sink faster. Aren't the handlebars hollow under the grips?

Would it be helpful for me to map the back road way to his house in cp from laffy?

I think something we keep forgetting is that his mailing address was Church Point, which is in Acadia Parish. His actual physical address is in Swords, in St. Landry Parish, which is just past Lawtell on Hwy 190, where he had a post office box. He is spread out all over.

I think something we keep forgetting is that his mailing address was Church Point, which is in Acadia Parish. His actual physical address is in Swords, in St. Landry Parish, which is just past Lawtell on Hwy 190, where he had a post office box. He is spread out all over.

CP is in St. Landry Parish too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member