LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the grips have small holes in the ends? If so, maybe he felt blood (his, from his hand wounds, most likely) might have become trapped inside and could not rinse away completely unless the grips were separate.

That's good thinking. Maybe that IS what he thought.

Well, being an Opelousas native, I know it's like 22 miles from there to Lafayette, so I wouldn't think that from Lafayette to Swords is 40 miles.

Its a good 35. Just mapped it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Its a good 35. Just mapped it.

Well, with all of the twists and turns to get to his home in Swords, I'll give you 30 so it would be probably a 30-35 minute drive. Thanks for mapping it.:seeya:

Willow Oaks Equestrian Center where Mickey stables her horses and worked is only about 8 miles from BSLs property on Constantine Rd.

I wonder if he's been to any horse shows here and if he's been watching Mickey for awhile?
I've been to a few horse shows there and he wasn't there, at least not when I was. Not many people go to the shows, mainly close family and friends. If ever he did go, probably would have went alone and others would have noticed and thought it to be strange. I dont think he would or even could have hid out in a stalkerish way without being noticed.

My daughter is in horse lessons.

I think something we keep forgetting is that his mailing address was Church Point, which is in Acadia Parish. His actual physical address is in Swords, in St. Landry Parish, which is just past Lawtell on Hwy 190, where he had a post office box. He is spread out all over.
Where I live there is no post office serving my area, so my mail goes through a post office that is not actually in my town, but quite a distance from me. I could get a post office box in my town (small section that has a name that is different from my actual town)...confusing, I know... A lot of rural areas don't always have post offices for all parts of the town, and sometimes not at all, so some people like myself have no choice but to have mailing address that is different from the actual physical address.

CP is in St. Landry Parish too

No it's not. I'm from St. Landry Parish and I promise you Church Point is in Acadia Parish...I was born there.
I might be wrong about a lot of things, but this isn't one of them.

Where I live there is no post office serving my area, so my mail goes through a post office that is not actually in my town, but quite a distance from me. I could get a post office box in my town (small section that has a name that is different from my actual town)...Confusing, I know... More rural areas don't always have post offices for all part of the town, so some people, like myself have no choice but to have mailing address that is different than the actual physical address.

Yeah, I understand that...but if someone is mapping to his home in Church Point, they will be off cause his home is in Swords. Two different parishes even. Then, he has a po box in Lawtell...geeze how convoluted!

That gives me chills. It's the first thing I've come across to make me think there's a small chance this wasn't a random abduction.

I'm with ya! All of the sudden bells started going off...
:crosseyed:
Remember this?
http://www.katc.com/videos/search-is-on-for-missing-woman-10pm/
BW statement...
"You know what you've done" ~ or "You have no idea what you've done"

Add in that BW was supposed to meet MS BEFORE graduation to take pictures or videos of the horse she was going to sell!!!

That didn't happen and BW wasn't calling asking wth?

He WAITED until CS called HIM at like 5:30pm the next day???

Does anyone remember VERY early on the were a few posts about CS's statements about MS sounding "cold"?

About MS missing graduation and "we were a little mad at her"?

CS said "I bet she is having more fun than we are right now"?
We all speculated that maybe she was leaving BW's house to "stop" somewhere else before going home.

It WAS her birthday in a DAY!
That laid back attitude they had at first how she would be back.

Her dad saying she would NEVER get into a car unless she "knew" the person? He felt someone "local" took her...

ANYONE remember any of this? Ihave tried to look back and cannot find links...

I am seriously wondering if MS hadn't come into contact with BSL on an aquaintence level.

They say she isn't linked to him in any way...
What if he just had a habit of "running" into her?
Chatting it up??? Any chance they suspected him
but had no idea who he was?:couch:

BW seemed to know before the family things "weren't cool"

:cow:

finger injuries don't even have to appear very severe to require surgery. If you cut a tendon then you have to repair it in order for your finger to work correctly, otherwise it will not for the rest of your life. It will be very interesting to find out how he injured himself in this way. Why did he not get surgery at the NO hospital, but then later did at a hospital closer to his home? If I read the article right that's what it sounded like to me.

Funny that you posted this, cause I have that type of an injury. I started to share that with my initial post. Dang thing is that because I cut nerves and tendons, it didn't hurt that bad at all. I was 9 and I remember how strange is was that there was so little pain, the amount of blood was the scary part (for my mom; I was very calm). For me, the ER physician wanted to wait a week or two to see how much tendon damage had been done. That could be how it went for BSL. They could have instructed him to wait a week and follow up with a local surgeon.

No it's not. I'm from St. Landry Parish and I promise you Church Point is in Acadia Parish...I was born there.

My husband and I were looking to buy a piece of property in arnaudville. Part of arnaudville is in St Landry parish and part of it is in St Martin parish. Maybe church point is partly in Acadia AND St Landry?

I think something we keep forgetting is that his mailing address was Church Point, which is in Acadia Parish. His actual physical address is in Swords, in St. Landry Parish, which is just past Lawtell on Hwy 190, where he had a post office box. He is spread out all over.

I know exactly where it is. I'm from this area and travel all those back roads. Would a map help? I know how locals would go.

But seriously, I am worried about him claiming manslaughter, like it was an accident, and being let out of prison in a couple of years or even 10 yrs. He surely wasn't rehabilitated at 8 yrs. What would happen if he claimed it to be an accident? How would the trial and his sentence (sp?) pan out?

The burned out truck negates accident IMO

eta: Refusal to speak to LE = murder 1

cept in Pinellas! and they had a body! or... :(

Yeah, I understand that...but if someone is mapping to his home in Church Point, they will be off cause his home is in Swords. Two different parishes even. Then, he has a po box in Lawtell...geeze how convoluted!

I know where it is. Pass there all the time.

I've been to a few horse shows there and he wasn't there, at least not when I was. Not many people go to the shows, mainly close family and friends. If ever he did go, probably would have went alone and others would have noticed and thought it to be strange. I dont think he would or even could have hid out in a stalkerish way without being noticed.

My daughter is in horse lessons.

But he had had a GF for 9 months with 2 kids!

"couldn't" he blend in?
MAYBE not at the stables... but in general?

A nice "hi" how are you?

The girlfriend went to police. I'm sure if SHE knew THEY had ever talked she told LE!

My husband and I were looking to buy a piece of property in arnaudville. Part of arnaudville is in St Landry parish and part of it is in St Martin parish. Maybe church point is partly in Acadia AND St Landry?

The city is definitely Acadia. The outskirts may be in St. Landry. Tell ya what. Ill ride by tomorrow and let you know for sure.

Someone can tell me how to post s link to my google map with driving directions?

Well, with all of the twists and turns to get to his home in Swords, I'll give you 30 so it would be probably a 30-35 minute drive. Thanks for mapping it.:seeya:

I give up.

My in-laws live off of Hwy 356, Church Point, in St. Landry Parish.

ETA: There are several towns that cross parishes. I live in Duson in Lafayette Parish but Duson is in Acadia too.

But he had had a GF for 9 months with 2 kids!

"couldn't" he blend in?
MAYBE not at the stables... but in general?

A nice "hi" how are you?

The girlfriend went to police. I'm sure if SHE knew THEY had ever talked she told LE!

Given the type of riding she did and this area I agree that he eoikd have stuck out and someone would have recognozed him. Even moreso than if he had gone to Artmosphere. Cliquish is not the right word. Exclusive?

My in-laws live off of Hwy 356, Church Point, in St. Landry Parish.

ETA: There are several towns that cross parishes. I live in Duson in Lafayette Parish but Duson is in Acadia too.

Lewisburg? My inlaws are there too. Bet my people know your people. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member