LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, my point was he did a very poor job so I do not think he was very smart, or up on forensics, or careful and this is why I do not believe he has gotten away with a whole laundry list of abductions, murders, etc...he just seems clueless as to what to do after he does his deed, not to mention not especially careful beforehand.

True, it's like he gets all caught up in the moment and then it like, well this is a fine kettle of fish

Maybe he "figured" he was bald because the hat sat down sooooo low upon his head...no hair to hold it up above the brows.

Makes me think of a character on the Fat Albert cartoon from years back. Can't think of his name, but his hat was so low over his head that he had holes cut out for his eyes.

Sorry, I know that's O/T,

The "what you've done" was definitely odd! It did sound like he was speaking to a very specific person.
It may not mean much,...? LE apparently cleared Brettly of any involvement, but I have to say, when this was first aired, it struck me very odd.

It just seemed too early on to be speaking as if you knew someone did anything. It always bothered me, but maybe it's just the way he expressed himself. In a state of trauma he could have just spoke out of assumption. He was sure that this was way out of character for Mickey to just go missing on her own, and tell no one.
So, imo, this was the only option BW saw left- someone did something to her.

Did I miss something? Do we know that the girlfriend went to the police?

There was a link earlier on stating that she had been brought in and questioned. Not that she went in.

It may not mean much,...? LE apparently cleared Brettly of any involvement, but I have to say, when this was first aired, it struck me very odd.

It just seemed too early on to be speaking as if you knew someone did anything. It always bothered me, but maybe it's just the way he expressed himself. In a state of trauma he could have just spoke out of assumption. He was sure that this was way out of character for Mickey to just go missing on her own, and tell no one.

Brettly always bothered me. Maybe it's just his "unique" look, but he always gave me the willies. I do know that Mickey's family think the world of him though.

No, my point was he did a very poor job so I do not think he was very smart, or up on forensics, or careful and this is why I do not believe he has gotten away with a whole laundry list of abductions, murders, etc...he just seems clueless as to what to do after he does his deed, not to mention not especially careful beforehand.
Unless he just never attacked a woman who would fight back, as it appears Mickey did. IF she fought him off as hard as it appears possible, that would blow his mind and fluster the Hell out of him.

I don't think it's usual for a girl/woman to fight off an abductor like this.

Makes me think of a character on the Fat Albert cartoon from years back. Can't think of his name, but his hat was so low over his head that he had holes cut out for his eyes.

Sorry, I know that's O/T,

Dumb Donald. Finally, I have something to contribute. LOL

That makes sense that LE questioned her.
Do we know who she is? Does she resemble Mickey at all?
I'm just trying to see if he has a certain type for a girlfriend and if he abuses a different type or the same.
What about the hairdresser he wanted to date? Does she resemble his girlfriend and/or Mickey?

I thought of BSL while watching a crime show on TV the other day. The perpetrator was being held for sex offence and murder, but the victim couldn't be found.

In exchange for the info releasing where the womans body was, he asked that no one in jail would ever know that he was a sex offender.
I thought, Wow....it really is Hell in jail for a sex offender eh?
Once someone is CONVICTED in a sexual offense and they're sentenced, are they still protected in jail or released into general population?

Only if they are on death row do they get protection and segregation from the general population, among many other perks.. Most death row inmates die of natural causes in prison.. Research it..

A poison ivy rash would be nothing compared to the rash a sexual predator would receive in the prison general population, imo.

I'm just trying to see if he has a certain type for a girlfriend and if he abuses a different type or the same.
What about the hairdresser he wanted to date? Does she resemble his girlfriend and/or Mickey?

Honestly, I think Mickey was just there...it is not like he had a choice of a variety of women at that hour, in that location. IMO, she became the victim of tragedy instead of someone else.

my bad gf questoined by police - spoke to them.

Honestly, I think Mickey was just there...it is not like he had a choice of a variety of women at that hour, in that location. IMO, she became the victim of tragedy instead of someone else.

This also makes sense. But if he had been stalking her beforehand ......

Can I tell you what his first victim looked like? Just the type.

Brettly seemed frantic in that first video to me. My heart was so heavy watching him try to put into words the impact that Mickey's disappearance was having on him and her friends. I thought that he truly loves his friend and is distraught at the possibility that someone could have harmed her. I also detected real anger at the idea that someone who didn't know what an incredible person she is would randomly target her for evil. JMO

I don't think he was stalking her, nor knew her beforehand. I think he was out trolling that night, looking for an opportunity. And Mickey just rode by at the wrong time, imo.

Only if they are on death row do they get protection and segregation from the general population, among many other perks.. Most death row inmates die of natural causes in prison.. Research it..

A poison ivy rash would be nothing compared to the rash a sexual predator would receive in the prison general population, imo.
So...maybe it's better punishment to just let them loose in general population.
I guess it's not that simple. Not now anyway....maybe one day it will be.

It was a Saran wrap hat. Duh!!!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Edited to say Saran not Satan. Freudian slip? Lol

OMG! That was so funny! I was scratching my head wondering what in the world a "Satan" hat was and I thought you meant satin, but that didnt help me either. I like to think of myself as pretty "hip" but I was lost on this. I almost asked my good friend Google

Can I tell you what his first victim looked like? Just the type.

Blond and small frame?
Several blond small framed young women are missing in several states. I wonder, with his travels for work, if he has committed these crimes in other states?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne