LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious what his rape victim in 99 looked like. But I don't think her appearance was the major factor in the rape/assault. I think it was more about how she acted towards him when he was dating her cousin. I would bet she was dismissive or negative towards the relationship, and he wanted revenge and control. I think it was more vengeance than it was 'sexual'. JMO

All this self-jabber takes me back to the thought that most likely he first saw her on her bike on Versailles or St. John., with a very small chance that he overheard their plans at Artmosphere, if he was there. Those seem like the only two choices to me... outside a true accident.

Wasn't there some speculation on this site right after the surveillance pics were released that a (white?) truck could be seen in the distance behind Mickey in the Versailles pic with headlights off? I keep thinking about that and wonder how long he might have followed her.

I am curious what his rape victim in 99 looked like. But I don't think her appearance was the major factor in the rape/assault. I think it was more about how she acted towards him when he was dating her cousin. I would bet she was dismissive or negative towards the relationship, and he wanted revenge and control. I think it was more vengeance than it was 'sexual'. JMO

I agree. Then there is the wife. Don't forget the hairdresser.
She saw him 5 times in 3 years and all of the sudden he wants a date.
After the Mickey incident. CREEPS ME OUT!
After she assures him there is no boyfriend.

I can't go to random YET! I think he had seen her riding around before.

it just seems to me like he "chooses" his victims.

BUT... I am open to changing that thought on a whim. lol

I have to agree with you. I was studying late night at a coffeeshop in Lafayette and I saw BSL there. I actually asked him if he went to iraq or afghanistan because he had on military fatigues. He said ' no they kept me here'. Unknown, to me why..because he was in jail 2000-2008. But the fact is, this man had enough money to frequent a coffeeshop; and to buy another vehicle on the spot.

I was shocked when I saw his mug shot. Having stared him in the face and said words to him before. I am sure he was stalking Lafayette for a long time b4 MS. sadly....

and so many others could be doing the same thing in other towns.

The military fatigues worry me. That would be an easy way to gain trust. Apologize if someone has pointed this out. ...catching up.

I'm not sure what I think either way yet. Perhaps he saw young petite blonds
as more innocent, therefore not as suspecting. I don't know but I am seeing if it fits either way.

I am praying that Wend enough evidence is provided to the jury. Anyone heard where they will be meeting?

But I don't think he was going to assault/kidnap the hairdresser. It seems that he has real life relationships and then has his 'victims.' He compartmentalizes them.

Also, he got caught in 99 because she recognized his voice and he left DNA in her apartment. So I think while he sat in jail he devised new ways to assault future victims. And he probably would exclude people he knew and would exclude going to their homes.

I was replying to a poster who thought that BL shows signs of being extremely savvy re: forensics.

Yes, I know -- and I thanked your post.:seeya: It just happened to remind me to post those thoughts about video -- I'd been meaning to.

But I don't think he was going to assault/kidnap the hairdresser. It seems that he has real life relationships and then has his 'victims.' He compartmentalizes them.

Also, he got caught in 99 because she recognized his voice and he left DNA in her apartment. So I think while he sat in jail he devised new ways to assault future victims. And he probably would exclude people he knew and would exclude going to their homes.

I agree; his main concerns became not leaving a witness and avoiding assaulting women who knew him. And trying to maintain the "innocent" convicted persona to those he knew.

I'm not sure on this one yet, but i'm very curious to know what his birth mother looks like. If there's any woman he's angry at, i'd guess she's it.

Maybe he "figured" he was bald because the hat sat down sooooo low upon his head...no hair to hold it up above the brows.

The descriptive term that is checked on the report is: bald/unknown. I believe it was chicken fried who pointed out earlier that nowhere did the report state BSL said the "assailant" was bald, but that perhaps he said he didn't know the hair color because subject was wearing a cap/hat.

I'm not sure what I think either way yet. Perhaps he saw young petite blonds
as more innocent, therefore not as suspecting. I don't know but I am seeing if it fits either way.

Everyone has their own thoughts on this, but I think if anything, the fact that she was petite, moreso than the fact that she was blonde, may have made her more of a target...and only then because he would have probably perceived her as easier to overpower. I think almost any woman who happened to be on a bike at that time, in that place, most likely would have been the victim. JMO

The military fatigues worry me. That would be an easy way to gain trust. Apologize if someone has pointed this out. ...catching up.

Slowlybutshelly,
Do you remember when u saw him in the coffeshop in his military fatigues?
That sure as heck would be an easy way to gain trust!
Was it prior to or after his conviction in 2000?

http://www.theind.com/news/10949-lavergnes-lacerated-finger-poison-ivy-treated-at-opelousas-general
"Our sources say doctors at the hospital performed surgery on his finger, and note that at the time Lavergne also was suffering from an extensive breakout of poison ivy."
I was just thinking about the fact that BSL had an extensive poison ivy rash (as noted by the hospital), and am assuming since he has a sensitivity to poison ivy, he normally would have been careful to avoid it. It seems to me the poison ivy rash may be related to his concealing of Mickey, and if so, that this was likely done under cover of night with little light to guide him. MOO

Great post! Thanks

In addition ...
He went to 3 different hospitals.
1 for numerous stab wounds in various locations.
1 for a really bad poison ivy rash including on his hands
1 for his finger tip severely injured. That being consistent with being bitten off.

It was a Saran wrap hat. Duh!!!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Edited to say Saran not Satan. Freudian slip? Lol

Oh my dear! You were probably right the first time!!!!!:floorlaugh:

Refresh my memory (or forgive me for scanning) but w BSL invited to appear before GJ? Any word if he is going to?

Great post! Thanks

In addition ...
He went to 3 different hospitals.
1 for numerous stab wounds in various locations.
1 for a really bad poison ivy rash including on his hands
1 for his finger tip severely injured. That being consistent with being bitten off.

I'm confused. What is the third hospital?

Anybody have the link handy to the source that states LE talked to BSL's currrent/recent girlfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne