LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to whether or not he was trolling or he just so happened upon Mickey and couldn't control his impulses, I live near his Swords home and can't imagine why he would take St. Landry at that time if night. There is nothing there but residences and it would have just made his trip home (or wherever) longer. MOO

Do we even know why he was in Lafayette that night? Visiting a friend? On his way back from offshore? In a bar? If the latter, funny no one saw him "out" that night.

Since he drove so far, tx. la. is it possible that he could have hidden her body in Mississippi or even Florida? Just a thought. LE may want to check these places for deceased unidentified females. With the direction he drove its possible he could have driven to these other states.
Another thing that bothers me is him buying a truck with Onstar? I was thinking he'd done this type of thing before but why buy a truck with onstar?

Hear he may be getting a new trial.. Can you imagine our old friend Scott Peterson getting a life sentence W/O parole and being placed in the prison's general population?

'If so swift Justice will finally be served, imo'..

Yeah, it came up as an automatic appeal, although Peterson is claiming he was not properly represented the first time. Of course, his team was lead by Mark G.

Spot on! ... It's not a "theory" or a "science" but
it's a fact that in SEX OFFENDER TREATMENT PROGRAMS

RELAPSE PREVENTION teaches them how to avoid
common things that TRIGGER an offender.

Just like what would trigger an alcoholic or a drug abuser to relapse.

Studies have shown-

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.
For people in a high-risk group the odds of relapse are still about 50/50.

It's heads or tails.

Not rock, paper, scissors
Not pick a # between 1 & 10
Not pick a card any card.

It hasn't changed much to my knowledge...

Treatment just doesn't help half of offenders and has not proven to ensure the safety of others.

BRODY, A. L. & GREEN. R. (1994). Washington State's unscientific approach to the problem of repeat sex offenders. Bulletin of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law 22, 343-356.

"We conclude that the Washington State law is unscientific, because the available treatments are not adequate to ensure future safety and because the law selects poor candidates for treatment"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7841506

It's like any other addiction. Triggers spawn relapses, if you will. I find it perfectly logical that we would be exploring possible triggers for BSL.

Change of venue was granted in the case of Zahra Baker.
If you google "change of venue granted in murder cases", there really are not that many. Cirumstances have to be exceptional.
True, I remember that Derrick Todd Lee petitioned for change of venue but was denied. After his guilty verdict, he used this as part of his appeal.

Since he drove so far, tx. la. is it possible that he could have hidden her body in Mississippi or even Florida? Just a thought. LE may want to check these places for deceased unidentified females. With the direction he drove its possible he could have driven to these other states.
Another thing that bothers me is him buying a truck with Onstar? I was thinking he'd done this type of thing before but why buy a truck with onstar?

If he did have Onstar, they probably know if he went to other states. And it doesn't appear that they believe Mickey to be anyplace but in the general area. JMO

Pic says a thousand words, cluciano63...and a video speaks volumes about Gardner's other self...

John Gardner Shows His True Face - YouTube

During his sentencing of the murders of Chelsea King and Amber Dubois, John Gardener faced a victim of his that got away by fighting back.
She asked him, "How is your nose".. She had elbowed him in his nose & was able to escape his wrath...Her dad was a champion kick boxer and taught her self defense..
At the end of her statement Gardner showed the face he has hidden from us since he was arrested. This is what those young girls saw last before they died.

I remember that so clearly from when the trial took place. The monster within for certain. I thought about it for days afterwards. Chilling.

Hey! Does anyone remember what was said about BSL's finger ? Injury?

I've been thinking about several posters who said that sometimes murderers will give up location of the victim in exchange for taking the death penalty off the table.

I may be odd, but if given the choice between life in prison without the possibility of parole and the death penalty, the latter doesn't seem like the worst alternative. Am I the only one? Life in prison seems so dangerous, degrading, pointless, depressing... Not worth living. I mean, we all have to go sometime right? I think I'd rather it be sooner than later.

Also, has anyone mentiond the fact BSL's brother traded in his car the very next day after BSL was arrested?!

I really do hope that Mickey caused those injuries to him. I hope he regretted even seeing her.

But I know the odds are against it. For many many years I have read and watched crime shows. I don't think there are many that I have missed. My grand daddy was an avid reader of the old True Crime type magazines and I read every one of them when I was just a teenager and have since. And my daddy is a ret. policeman.

I have never to my recollection seen a female victim inflict so many injuries to an attacker. I really do sadly think she didn't have much of an opportunity. I do think she fought as much as she could and I think she scratched and bit him and in the end those injuries will prove to the jury that he is guilty.

He was just so desperate that I feel it within me. I think he would have nearly cut his own head off if he thought it provided an alibi for that finger cut, bite mark and scratches.

ever seen "I Survived" some bad@$$ women on there who survived what most wouldn't b/c they fought :) I agree though, most women (and it's hard to admit b/c I AM a feminist) are smaller in weight/height than many men so they don't have a fighting chance, unfortunately.

In regards to whether or not he was trolling or he just so happened upon Mickey and couldn't control his impulses, I live near his Swords home and can't imagine why he would take St. Landry at that time if night. There is nothing there but residences and it would have just made his trip home (or wherever) longer. MOO

Do we even know why he was in Lafayette that night? Visiting a friend? On his way back from offshore? In a bar? If the latter, funny no one saw him "out" that night.

I agree about the St. Landry comment! He would be heading away from the bars, away from University, away from the interstate....what was he doing there? It's very dark there at night...nothing flashy that would make me want to explore the area if I didn't live there. Just a bunch of houses and a dark LUS parking lot.

IMO he was not involved. Just really odd along with the rest of this case.

It's like any other addiction. Triggers spawn relapses, if you will. I find it perfectly logical that we would be exploring possible triggers for BSL.

Agreed.

I'll go one step further...

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for one min...

He "accidentally" hit MS.
What happens to a driver involved in a vehicle altercation?
Adrenaline starts PUMPING! Heart rate goes up. Endorphins release.

Driver has a choice to assist or "run". He obviously
didn't run so he got out to see if she's ok.
She's on the ground unconscious or crying
or just shaken up. Maybe she's asking him for help
or cussing him out...

EITHER ONE COULD HAVE BEEN A TRIGGER.

Past behavior shows he has been violent towards women.

Whether she is crying and asking for help
or knocked out he sees she "needs" him.
and he may have played along loading her bike etc...
being the nice guy "let me take you home"
OR
If she is cussing or him comes towards
him he is going to defend himself just like he would
in a situation where a woman was trying to fight him off.

Bottom line... He is now ~ IN CONTROL. ~
he saw his chance and took it. or... he planned it.

I can only see it two ways. She was "duped"
or straight up kidnapped.

Any way you look at it he didn't call for help or allow her to.:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads