LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no lighting whatsoever at the bike-dump spot. It's pitch-black. And the night Mickey went missing was one day off of a moonless night.

The only witness I can think of would have been someone hanging out and partying at the spot, or a homeless person sleeping there, or someone who saw his truck turn off of Hwy. 975 onto the gravel track leading toward the bridge pillar/Pilot Channel.

The area is very deserted at night and so if he was seen, he was extremely unlucky.

Someguy said "early morning."

Good thought.

Possible.

Just thinking here. If he kidnapped her around 2:00 a.m., what time does the sun come up? (Just supposing he dumped the bike with at least partial daylight)
If LE believes she was murdered on May 19th also(so sorry to have to say that),then I think she is in the area.

Just thinking here. If he kidnapped her around 2:00 a.m., what time does the sun come up? (Just supposing he dumped the bike with at least partial daylight)
If LE believes she was murdered on May 19th also(so sorry to have to say that),then I think she is in the area.

http://time.unitarium.com/sunrise/5460,05-19-2012

19 May 2012 - Lafayette Louisiana United States
Sunrise: 06:11:22
Sunset: 19:58:20
Transit: 13:04:51
Length of
daytime: 13h 46m 58s
Twilight Begins Ends Length
Civil 05:44:54 20:24:48 14h 39m 54s
Nautical 05:12:55 20:56:47 15h 43m 52s
Astronomical 04:39:09 21:30:33 16h 51m 24s

So - Sunrise at 6:11am but some light starting at 5:44 am. on May 19th, 2012.

Someguy said "early morning."

right. Depending on how the person meant it, early morning to me is 6:00 a.m.
It could also be 12:30 a.m. So, that's why I am asking if the sun was coming up. There is a reason he was seen dumping the bike. Might be a homeless, like was mentioned as a possibility, or people partying. But I think if we could isolate the lighting (either completely dark or some daylite) it would be helpful.
Could he have had his headlights on?

ClaireT,

Please don't let my comment about reporting in Lafayette scare you off. We do appreciate your viewing WS and commenting. I was just venting a frustration that a lot of our fellow residents feel that what Gannett has done by gutting the Advertiser and laying off many of your co-workers has been a public disservice by an out-of-town corporation.

I encourage you to keep digging, and to keep your ear to the ground for stories - such as the traffic nightmare - that directly impact us all.'

A local newspaper can be a great force for good in a community, and I salute you and your calling (an ex-college-trained journalist myself).

It could also be 12:30 a.m. So, that's why I am asking if the sun was coming up. There is a reason he was seen dumping the bike. Might be a homeless, like was mentioned as a possibility, or people partying. But I think if we could isolate the lighting (either completely dark or some daylite) it would be helpful.

BSL would have had to have some lights on his truck to get to the spot - maybe parking lights. Without them, he could have run into one of the bridge pillars on the way in.

My thinking is that an early-morning fisherman who chose that spot (it's not popular, but remember that photos from the Shreveport Times in their piece on Whiskey Bay did show two fishermen there, and I did find a fisherman and his daughter there) was pulling up and either saw him dumping the bike or saw his truck.

That's the most plausible explanation to me,

There is no lighting whatsoever at the bike-dump spot. It's pitch-black. And the night Mickey went missing was one day off of a moonless night.

The only witness I can think of would have been someone hanging out and partying at the spot, or a homeless person sleeping there, or someone who saw his truck turn off of Hwy. 975 onto the gravel track leading toward the bridge pillar/Pilot Channel.

The area is very deserted at night and so if he was seen, he was extremely unlucky.
Since someguy said it was early in the morning, maybe it was dawn and a fisherman saw him?

Hope you don't mind - just wanted to repost with the picture in the post showing for everyone. :) BBM

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

My first thought was tri-pods...

I will tell you that I found what looked like a lay-up spot for a homeless person about 100 feet from the bridge pillar....some bedding and a couple articles of clothing. Never said this at WS before - just didn't think of it.

When my uncles go fishing it is always before daybreak...something about that is when the fish bite. Maybe headlights spotted him?

From sources within the family I've heard there is an eyewitness that saw him there dumping the bike early in the morning. He thought nothing of it at the time but when he heard about the bike on the news he came forward.

Obviously LE hasn't confirmed this, but I wanted to throw that out there.

Is this eyewitness someone who knows BSL?

Yep, I don't think there's an if about it! Bad luck follows BSL around. We're talking about the same guy who got covered in poison ivy and was stabbed and robbed by a mysterious gold-toothed bald man wearing a hat, and then had his truck stolen and burnt out. The man is ill-fated - must've been born under a very unlucky star. :eek:kay:

Also guessing that if LE took his vacuum cleaner to forensics, they'll find some golden clues in there in the form of Mickey's blonde hair. JMO

:sweep:

Please find Mickey now - God bless Tim Miller & Equusearch & all the volunteers who have searched and continue to search for her. :grouphug:

Tripod in the bag was a very interesting guess. My first thought were shovels. It is an interesting guess that it was early-morning fishermen who spotted him dumping a bike. The best time to fish is at daybreak almost everywhere. it makes sense that it was a fisherman who saw him -- esp because the bike was intact and looked ridable -- it would stand out in my mind if a new 2011 duly pulled up and a haggard-looking gentlemen got out and threw a bike in the river. If they passed close enough to each other, they probably even spoke - they would in this part of the country. And that would be an odd moment of sorts.

I am very worried about those IDs. I am wondering how many and from what states. We know in about 3 days he covered a lot of ground in that duly, I am thinking honestly his victims could be anywhere, any state. Especially states that his business sent him to, I am thinking from Floriday through Texas and up to possibly the tips of Iowa, etc. Certainly Tennessee as he seems to like to drive, esp if the company is reimbursing his mileage. -- Which would be an interesting fact to investigate if indeed he did drive for his company -- cause they would keep all those mileage records that he was reimbursed for -- as far as other girls missing.

I think he probably stored shovels under that trailer. Ugh. I am so glad that this case is almost over.

Yep, I don't think there's an if about it! Bad luck follows BSL around. We're talking about the same guy who got covered in poison ivy and was stabbed and robbed by a mysterious gold-toothed bald man wearing a hat, and then had his truck stolen and burnt out. The man is ill-fated - must've been born under a very unlucky star. :eek:kay:

Also guessing that if LE took his vacuum cleaner to forensics, they'll find some golden clues in there in the form of Mickey's blonde hair. JMO

:sweep:

Please find Mickey now - God bless Tim Miller & Equusearch & all the volunteers who have searched and continue to search for her. :grouphug:

It all goes back to how thorough the planning was.

Had I had 8 years to plan something, then the issue of a vacuum cleaner would have come up in my thoughts. I would have tried not to have used one. It would have meant that I had left evidence in my home - not good. A vacuum is not going to be thorough. And if I HAD used one, I would have smashed it after use so that no one would have been tempted to salvage it, and thrown it in a dumpster somewhere.

I have a question....do you think it's possible that whoever it is who saw him at WB is the same person who "found" the bike and reported it to LE?

Let's say they were there and saw BSL in his truck, get out, throw the bike into the water, get back into the truck and leave. Didn't think anything of it (for whatever reason) and doesn't really pay attention to the news. Homeless? Doesn't read the paper? Lives out of the immediate area and only goes there to fish when off work? Something like this? Hears about Mickey during the week and decides to check out where he saw the guy throw the bike at last week. Sees the bike, has someone (or he himself) calls LE and reports it and LE finds the bike. Now LE has the whole story....I was here last week on such and such a day, saw this guy in this truck, got out of his truck threw the bike in, got back in the truck and left. I know it was this day because (I only go there every Thursday or Friday or whatever) so I know it was definitely this day at around this time (because sun was coming up or not all the way up yet or whatever). I came back out here this week to double check and sure enough there's the bike, so I called you (LE).

Then LE determines it is in fact Mickeys bike. They now have a day, time, and witness to BSL throwing the bike in the water.

Make any sense? Or completely off the wall? I am just trying to figure out the time difference in the bike being thrown into the water and LE finding it.

JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member