LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bike was submerged for a week, according to LE, and would have been under two to three feet of water when initially dumped, given my research into the water levels. Would blood have stayed on the bike? Beyond my area of expertise.

It could. Someone here posted an article a couple of weeks ago (just after the arrest, IIRC) regarding DNA evidence surviving submersion or deluge. The chances decrease with time, obviously, but it is possible.

Those 5 minutes that WS was down confirmed it. I'm an addict!

From sources within the family I've heard there is an eyewitness that saw him there dumping the bike early in the morning. He thought nothing of it at the time but when he heard about the bike on the news he came forward.

Obviously LE hasn't confirmed this, but I wanted to throw that out there.

I think, if proven true, this would qualify as a "game changer".

It could. Someone here posted an article a couple of weeks ago (just after the arrest, IIRC) regarding DNA evidence surviving submersion or deluge. The chances decrease with time, obviously, but it is possible.

Blood cells explode in a fresh water environment and they collapse on themselves in a higher than normal salt water environment.

:rollercoaster: Weeeee. That littl ride down the superhighway was skeery. Thought I was banned too; or that we broke the internet.

Glad to be back.

JMO Not sure about first bag, but middle bags are almost covering a large shovel and the third bags are covering a vacuum cleaner. :twocents:

That would be a pretty light vaccum to hold with one hand and the way it's being held....But I did not enlarge the picture to see it how you did.
Do you think one of the packages could be a rifle??

I know what you mean. He has packed on the pounds since his army days from the look of it. However, he could easily have picked up more gear at an army surplus store, if he wanted to play the role of war hero, and attract women with that ruse. JMO :twocents:

Not to negate anything in your comment MC, but there are many men who like to wear BDU's because of their comfort and not necessarily to play a role or attract women. My son is ex Marine Corps (if he heard me say that he'd quickly correct me, as there is no such thing as an ex Marine,) and he wears BDU's on a regular basis. Including either desert boots or regular combat boots. It's just his thing and in no way is it a ruse or role playing. Not saying that Brandon's purpose was not as you said, but I had to take up a bit for the innocent ones who just like wearing it all.

That would be a pretty light vaccum to hold with one hand and the way it's being held....But I did not enlarge the picture to see it how you did.

I have an Oreck that is light and VERY easy to carry with one hand !

It wouldn't surprise me if there is a rifle in there. I also wonder if he had a handgun too, and used it to force Mickey to go quietly into his truck. :twocents:
(obviously it's illegal for a convicted felon to own firearms, but he could still have obtained them by illegal means)
Also, I own a very light vacuum cleaner that's easily lifted with one hand.

Not to negate anything in your comment MC, but there are many men who like to wear BDU's because of their comfort and not necessarily to play a role or attract women. My son is ex Marine Corps (if he heard me say that he'd quickly correct me, as there is no such thing as an ex Marine,) and he wears BDU's on a regular basis. Including either desert boots or regular combat boots. It's just his thing and in no way is it a ruse or role playing. Not saying that Brandon's purpose was not as you said, but I had to take up a bit for the innocent ones who just like wearing it all.

My boyfriend is ex-Army and he wears the BDU pants still sometimes, although he has cut most of them into shorts. They are comfortable to him because it is basically what he lived in when he was in Iraq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3