LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of my news sources are unusually quiet today. It's as if we are all holding our breath.

I feel like KATC and KLFY are tweeting like crazy... NOTHING about GJ!!!

I keep seeing "5 new tweets" and so I go look... nothing... (well, nothing interesting to me at the moment!)

Does the LA GJ call in eyewitnesses? I believe they do in some states. Then it wouldn't be hearsay.

Here in Louisiana the police officers are the first on the stand to the G.J. to present their case with any and all evidence,,the G.J. then gets to question the officers about any part of the case as need be...after witnesses are called to the stand and tell what they saw or know and again the G.J. has the right to question them if need be.. going before the G.J. could take from 1 hour to 4 depending on what they have..also with all the different agencies involved in this case I would not be surprise if at 10 pm tonight there was still no word...

If it turns out he was tooling around with his cell phone tracking him all the way, it will only add to my belief that this guy is no genius. Just another and a bully.

Forgive me if this has already been covered. Does anyone know if gj goes a certain time like 8-5 and reconvenes the next day or once they start a hearing, they go all of the way through?

Does anyone know if the gj will make an announcement of their decision today?

Love it..... Thanks. Good thoughts.....
If nothing located under trailer, I was thinking along similar lines that he may have wanted to clean plumbing pipes to destroy evidence (blood, human tissue).

Prayers for Mickey :angel: to be found and come home soon.
God bless them all.

I wonder if in the evidence bags are bleach containers or other household cleaners maybe even stronger chemicals from trying to clean up the bath tub or plumbing but maybe not. Mostly likely probably vacuum and shovels/rifles.

I think BSL is freaking out right now. He clearly told way too many lies and this whole thing is a huge mess with his hospital visits and his "robbery/stabbing" at the gas station. As well as his burnt up truck found all the way in Texas! This guy has lied too many times and tried to twist the truth around. Now that there is a supposed eyewitness that saw him dumping her bike id like to see his explanation how he ended up with a missing girls bike under a creepy bridge! Yeah right dude, he's gonna get convicted I am sure of it. I wish he would realize he has no chance and to just give up and let everyone know where he put Mickey. :( It makes me so mad this creep can just zip his mouth while hundreds of people have been working so hard I wish they could drug him and make him talk!

That's a good point. And if it's a septic, then any such evidence would be trapped there. I hope they have someone with an iron clad stomach and a complete lack of a sense of smell to sort thru that thing for evidence. :floorlaugh:

^^^ this girl is anosmic!!!!

Here in Louisiana the police officers are the first on the stand to the G.J. to present their case with any and all evidence,,the G.J. then gets to question the officers about any part of the case as need be...after witnesses are called to the stand and tell what they saw or know and again the G.J. has the right to question them if need be.. going before the G.J. could take from 1 hour to 4 depending on what they have

Thanks for that info... Do you know if they publish or make public what is presented?

Ot... Houdat, I love your pic... "moonrIVER!"

someone was talking about bow & arrow and hunting upthread. Does anyone know if there is any type of hunting done at WB? Would there be any "blinds" (is that what they are called?)

Yes, plenty of people hunt out of the whiskey bay area. Duck, deer, squirrel, etc.

I was thinking about the same thing about four days ago. The mobile home I lived in a long time ago was hooked up to the park's septic tank. One harsh winter the pipe became disconnected, and we didn't notice it until Spring when we found a big pile of toilet paper, etc., underneath our home.

pumkin-puke-96.jpg

Snips
I think BSL is freaking out right now. He clearly told way too many lies and this whole thing is a huge mess with his hospital visits and his "robbery/stabbing" at the gas station. As well as his burnt up truck found all the way in Texas! This guy has lied too many times and tried to twist the truth around. Now that there is a supposed eyewitness that saw him dumping her bike id like to see his explanation how he ended up with a missing girls bike under a creepy bridge! Yeah right dude, he's gonna get convicted I am sure of it. I wish he would realize he has no chance and to just give up and let everyone know where he put Mickey. :( It makes me so mad this creep can just zip his mouth while hundreds of people have been working so hard I wish they could drug him and make him talk!

BBM - My hope also northxnorthwest.

Does anyone know if the gj will make an announcement of their decision today?

well, they have to hear the case (it was late in the day right?) and then deliberate on true bill

maybe they will and maybe it will carry over another day. I hope it is quick and swift and TRUE! (re: true bill)

Another interesting tidbit about grand jury proceedings: In many states (I can't speak for certain about Louisiana), grand jury witnesses are not bound by the same secrecy that the court personnel and jurors are -- a witness can speak publicly about what he or she testified, if he/she chooses -- unless a gag order is placed by the judge.

Many would choose not to, of course.

We have crews standing by outside the court house in Lafayette waiting on word from the Grand Jury. They will decide whether or not to indict Brandon Lavergne in the First Degree Murder and Aggravated Kidnapping of Mickey Shunick. As soon as the decision is announced we will update TV-10's Facebook and Web. Stay with us.

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

Yes, plenty of people hunt out of the whiskey bay area. Duck, deer, squirrel, etc.

Thank you for the answer. Would there by any chance be any wildlife camera's that hunters would put in their blinds? Or their areas? Is that what they are called? Could one of these have caught BSL at WB? On camera? And when they checked their camera they found out they have BSL on there? Would that be considered an "eye witness"? Just trying to think outside the box here.

Forgive me if this has already been covered. Does anyone know if gj goes a certain time like 8-5 and reconvenes the next day or once they start a hearing, they go all of the way through?
they will usually go all the way, but this case may be different due to all the parishes being involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member