LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern now is that the two perps in Jail in NOLA in the Jaren dismemberment murder, their defense attorney will try to pin it on BSL, and those perps will walk.

"Tips from New Orleanians have poured in since news broke about Lavergne seeking medical treatment for stab wounds in New Orleans, only 13 hours after Shunick's disappearance."

"They know the area," Abdella said. "They're telling me about a district that never was repaired after Katrina, and they'll say that they find bodies there"

Wow.

Where did this quote come from? I didn't see it on the page that was linked?

--------------
I guess I thought that TES takes their horses with them on their searches-Equus. Do they do that on every search, or only on some? I read when they were down in FL, they also used ATV's. What's their ratio of ground searchers to horseback/vehicle?

The Shreveport Times article linked above indicated that at least some of the volunteers were riding ATVs. I don't know the ratio of horseback/vehicle, but I imagine it depends on the terrain and weather conditions. If it's been raining and the ground is very wet, it makes sense not to use horses (much greater risk of injury to the animal).

A very interesting development. It could be a false rumor or truth tossed out to get first scoop. Time will tell on this one. If accurate it would be a huge development. Like ya say, where there is smoke..... and there seems to be indeed lots of smoke with BSL.

There's no smoke without fire - seems especially appropriate in BSL's case.
So, I'm thinking we'll see more information soon to back up these words:

When Lafayette police arrested Lavergne, they searched his home in the Swords area of rural St. Landry Parish. Among items taken was an undisclosed number of women’s IDs, according to sources with information of the ongoing investigation.

“We have been contacted by other agencies regarding the arrest and have shared information,” Lafayette Police Department spokesman Paul Mouton writes in an email response to The Independent’s questions about Lavergne's potential involvement in other crimes. “I cannot confirm the agencies that have contacted us in this investigation.”

I do too... with the Jekyll/Hyde comment by LE it's becoming pretty clear...

Texas Equusearch has many different types of trained people who volunteer for searches. Some use horses, there are ATVs, and some volunteers even have drones. They have divers, people with boats, underground imaging, etc. If you can imagine it, they have someone who specializes in it.

http://texasequusearch.org/

http://youtu.be/zLGz5tdZYfs

Tim Miller shares his own personal tragedy in this 48 Hours Mystery documentary about possible serial killer in Texas. Makes me wonder if BSL has anything to do with some of the more recent cases. God bless him and his search team. He's in my prayers - God shine a light on sweet Michaela's resting place. Bring Mickey home now.

There is an entire forum here dedicated to Tim's daughter, Laura, and the hundreds of other missing/murdered women in the Houston area and along I-45. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467"]Texas Killing Fields and Mysteries Along I-45 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The Shreveport Times article linked above indicated that at least some of the volunteers were riding ATVs. I don't know the ratio of horseback/vehicle, but I imagine it depends on the terrain and weather conditions. If it's been raining and the ground is very wet, it makes sense not to use horses (much greater risk of injury to the animal).
-----------
I was riding my horse every day when I was a kid. Those horses can get into areas inaccessible to an ATV. She was ridden outdoors in all kinds of terrain/weather conditions.

Before I got her, I went to a few stables that had leased out all of their trail horses, and they rented me a thoroughbred ex-racehorse, or indoor lesson horse (I didn't know any better)--they didn't work out so well. Ha.

It's really interesting.

"Tips from New Orleanians have poured in since news broke about Lavergne seeking medical treatment for stab wounds in New Orleans, only 13 hours after Shunick's disappearance."

"They know the area," Abdella said. "They're telling me about a district that never was repaired after Katrina, and they'll say that they find bodies there."

Where's the first place and the last place you'd expect to find a dead body? A graveyard...or perhaps an open graveyard of sorts - I can imagine there are still remains from Katrina that lay undiscovered in New Orleans area. :twocents:

-----------
I was riding my horse every day when I was a kid. Those horses can get into areas inaccessible to an ATV. She was ridden outdoors in all kinds of terrain.

Before I got her, I went to a few stables that had leased out all of their trail horses, and they rented me a thoroughbred ex-racehorse, or indoor lesson horse (I didn't know any better)--they didn't work out so well. Ha.

It's really interesting.

Oh, I agree they can go into all sorts of areas, but my uncle's horse suffered a horrible fall while being ridden in a field where the ground was wet and clay-like. It was unclear whether the horse slipped, or whether one of his hooves sunk down in the dirt causing the horse to lose its balance. The horse and rider were injured. Both survived, but the horse was never the same.

Indoor lesson horse, you say? I learn something new everyday.

Can horses scent at all like a dog? I know for sure, they can sense danger.

Kind of O/T--- how does TES transport their horses?
Do the horses belong to the searchers or TES?
I am curious about volunteering for TES. Read about it on their website but it did not answer my questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne