LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked all over last week when I first saw her name. I couldn't find anything! I know she was found under some boards in a remote part of Acadia parish in 1999, but that's it.

Another Lafayette woman, Lisa Pate, 35, was found dead underneath some
boards behind a house near Church Point in Oct. 1999. Forensics expert
Mary Manheim had to help identify the skeletal remains.

Lt. Keith Latiolais of the Acadia Parish Sheriff's Office said that
case remains active, though he said detectives do not believe the case
is connected to the serial killings.

Investigators have a suspect in Pate's death, but he's already in jail
for an unrelated offense, Latiolais said.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/alt.true-crime/oc58dXgNuvA

Do you think the one they had their eye on was Brandon?????????

If he had Lisa Pate's id or some other trophy, I wonder where that was during the eight years he was locked up.

Oh wow. My heart is very happy right now about these indictments! The words "Death penalty" relax me in cases like this. JMO This means he'll either talk, or pay the ultimate price for these crimes
JMO

Back to lurk mode....and sending all positive energy to all families involved!

Im sure yall are 10 steps ahead of me but OMG two counts of murder and for the case that was tallked about a couple of threads ago!

I think we did talk about this other victim, only we did not have her name at the time.

I doubt he would put Mickey in a similar place, since Lisa was found...

My mind was blown when I saw he was indicted on TWO charges of first degree murder.

Where was Lisa Pate from?

IIRC it was while stationed at Fort Polk in Army.
Lisa Pate body found Under wooden boards of an Acadia parish home in 1999.
Lavergne was prime suspect but then became cold case and he went to prison on a rape.

Prayers for Mickey :angel:to come home soon!

Prayers for justice.

He shall burn where he belongs. NOW TELL US WHERE MICKEY IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What could they have found to link him to the second murder? If it was DNA, wouldn't they know that before, since he would probably (I'm assuming) have his DNA on file for his RSO status?

maybe there was something in his house that really did him in for her murder. possibly an ID? seems like there would be something even more though! wow. that was before he was in prison. he had to have been doing this since he's been out of prison since 2008. there have been way too many missing people in LA!! he has to have something to do with some of them. sick F!!!!!!!!!

If he had Lisa Pate's id or some other trophy, I wonder where that was during the eight years he was locked up.

Good point! I wonder if he kept *trophies* in a tin, perhaps buried somewhere. Just a guess. :waitasec: My mind is racing right now, wondering what else this monster has done and wishing with all my heart that he'd been stopped long, long ago. Poor darlin' Mickey and God knows how many other innocent victims have crossed his path. Please bring her home :anguish:

Another Lafayette woman, Lisa Pate, 35, was found dead underneath some
boards behind a house near Church Point in Oct. 1999. Forensics expert
Mary Manheim had to help identify the skeletal remains.

Lt. Keith Latiolais of the Acadia Parish Sheriff's Office said that
case remains active, though he said detectives do not believe the case
is connected to the serial killings.

Investigators have a suspect in Pate's death, but he's already in jail
for an unrelated offense, Latiolais said.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/alt.true-crime/oc58dXgNuvA

Well if they did have their eye on him, how upsetting that they didn't search that damn trailer if his a long time ago and put him back behind bars then!!!!!'

This makes me so upset!!! Mickey could be alive and well today!! This world is so screwed up

I'm sorry but I cannot believe that there's not a couple of other victims somewhere.

I read a lot, but don't post. I hope this is ok to post here.

ACADIANA PARISHES
The Advocate (Baton Rouge, La.) - Friday, October 1, 1999
Body found in field ID'd

CHURCH POINT - Acadia Parish Sheriff Ken Goss suspects foul play may have been involved in the death of a Lafayette woman identified as Lisa Pate , whose remains were found in a field behind a home off Brigman Highway.

Goss said forensics expert Mary Manheim from LSU confirmed the skeletal remains were those of Pate, 35, who had been missing from the Lafayette area since June.

The sheriff said Pate's dental records were the key to making the positive identification.

The woman was 5 feet, 8 inches tall, and weighed 130 pounds, Goss said.

Residents of the home found the remains under three large boards last month.

"Due to it (the remains) being covered with boards, we feel she was dumped there, and we also feel that we could be dealing with a homicide," he said.

Anyone with information in the case is asked to call the Sheriff's Office at (318) 788-8700.

...I hope BSL is crapping in his pants right now.

BRING MICKEY HOME NOW!

I bet he left court in an orange suit smeared with brown...I'm sure there's more too! This guy is a monster! I'm certain we've just begun with this psycho...the dirt will continue to come out!!!

1999 was a busy year for BSL...I'm looking forward to the timeline of these events as well! At some point before the April rape we know about - there was another while he was at Ft Polk from what I understand? Then April he commits the offense he goes to jail for, July 1999 he murders Lisa Pate then I want to say September 1999 he gets married...

1999 was my 2nd year of college - BSL and I are the same age. Just a strange thought.

Wish we knew more about Lisa Pate - I had heard about this case while all of this was coming out but had no idea they were going to actually try to do something about it now. Its just been one of those things everyone talks about like 'oh, everyone thought he did it but they never had any evidence so we'll never know'. Makes me think they have something new...couldnt be DNA, they would have had that. Could be an ID...although I don't know that proves anything. Some other trophy item...a picture, something with her dna... Whatever it is HALLELUJAH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne