LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people really need to be prepared for her never being found.

It is a horrible reality, but it is very common. Even when killers talk, sometimes bodies aren't found. Ted Bundy is an example of this. He revealed where he'd left bodies and some of the women were never recovered.

Also, I am sure he was very angry that she fought back and hurt him so badly. There really is no telling what he ultimately did to her because of that.

I disagree. There are many times when there is just nothing on TV and maybe someone flipping through the channels lands on a story that they listen to.

My mother, for one, is very interested in this type of thing, but only gets her information from TV.

I think it'd be a whole more successful and important than say, the Oprah Winfrey Network.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great idea and have seen it come up from time to time here. I wish that Mark Klaas or someone like him would get involved with something like this, rather than the tabloid NG show.

The logistics would be massive, though, with the literally thousands of people who go missing each day. It would almost have to be more like a data base...I can't quite see how it would work.

I think part of the reason that the focus on finding MS has been lost a bit is the area of search. I think knowing who took MS has "opened up a new can of worms"; and now they literally do not know where to search. I think it is entirely possible that he took her with him, and she is not near where her bike was thrown. I think LE is trying to gather information to determine a search grid that would make sense given the perp in this case.

:moo:

Very true. Especially now that we know, at minimum, the area in which her body could be is anywhere from NOLA to east Texas. At minimum. It's no longer just Lafayette to Whiskey Bay, and that's a lot of area to cover.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great idea and have seen it come up from time to time here. I wish that Mark Klaas or someone like him would get involved with something like this, rather than the tabloid NG show.

The logistics would be massive, though, with the literally thousands of people who go missing each day. It would almost have to be more like a data base...I can't quite see how it would work.

Of course, there would still be those that are unfortunately left out. But, I think more could be included with a network devoted to it rather than a show here and there.

I think that what stops these things is that people don't like a story with no ending.

First of all, WELCOME to WS! Enjoy the ride! ;)

Secondly, you raise a very interesting and valid point that I'd never even thought of. There is a lot of focus on bsl, his arrest, his past, etc. but the focus on finding Mickey seems to have been lost amongst the chaos. Hoping today is the day the shunick fam gets the answers they deserve and Mickey is brought home. It's been too long.

i agree that the focus isn't on the search, but it's overwhelming to think about, even just between Whiskey Bay and NOLA, there are sooooooo many places. I'm hoping that LE has more info on his whereabouts from his phone or GPS or witnesses at gas stations etc. that they are coming up with promising places to search. there's not much we can do, ya know? also, this is going to sound stupid, but are there certain areas that poison ivy is more prone to growing in Louisiana. i don't know how to word this well. ok like maybe the LSU wetlands people know of certain areas that are OVERRUN with poison ivy right now??? i know there's poison ivy everywhere, but maybe they can narrow things down with the ivy, his truck locations and whatever else they have??

I think LE probably does have some more info re: Mickey's possible location, since they called TES to come back. They wouldn't call them without having specific areas in mind, from what I have read about TES and LE.

Even so, the areas must be so difficult to pin down...not sure how many towers per miles, etc...a very tough job to find one little person :(

I think LE probably does have some more info re: Mickey's possible location, since they called TES to come back. They wouldn't call them without having specific areas in mind, from what I have read about TES and LE.

Even so, the areas must be so difficult to pin down...not sure how many towers per miles, etc...a very tough job to find one little person :(

Especially with all of the waterways around. But, Texas Equusearch is very used to searching areas like that since there are many in Texas too.

I think that it would be mostly watched by people like us, who already are interested and on top of the situation. I don't think the general population is all that interested, unless it affects them personally. JMO

I guess I have to agree. If there was one, I would no doubt be addicted. This is why I have avoided checking out websleuth radio... So curious about whatever that is!

On a similar note, I cannot believe that this gj outcome has not had nat. Coverage. Surely this is a "bombshell tonight!".

BSL said "they did it to me again"

If I could ask BSL one question today, I would ask who are "they"? Because, I would really like to know who "they" are. He was referring to someone. Who?

Miabella... Just trying to find where you read this quote of BSL. If I google it, I conly find it here in websleuths. Who was he talking to?

i agree that the focus isn't on the search, but it's overwhelming to think about, even just between Whiskey Bay and NOLA, there are sooooooo many places. I'm hoping that LE has more info on his whereabouts from his phone or GPS or witnesses at gas stations etc. that they are coming up with promising places to search. there's not much we can do, ya know? also, this is going to sound stupid, but are there certain areas that poison ivy is more prone to growing in Louisiana. i don't know how to word this well. ok like maybe the LSU wetlands people know of certain areas that are OVERRUN with poison ivy right now??? i know there's poison ivy everywhere, but maybe they can narrow things down with the ivy, his truck locations and whatever else they have??
---------
Hope they searched here:

Post #20, Thread 37

Originally Posted by Nursieloo
Hi! I was doing a little brainstorming about the MS case today. Thinking that BSL probably would have avoided any heavy highway action due to wounds bleeding or whatever damage was done to truck. I thought about the fact that he might have taken HWY 90 to get from home to the Ochsner hospital. There was some speculation as to the number 24 being an important clue ( due to the fact that he said the Saints Jersey was a #24) , upon cross referencing this route, HWY 90 intersects with LA 24 in Houma/Gray area. Where it intersects is a big overpass but under the over pass is a bayou (Bayou Terrebonne i believe). There are two wood group locations in Houma, and BSL may have been familiar with this area. I know its a long shot... but I think anything could be a possibility at this point.

i hate to ask this, but it's been 2 months - a little over 8 weeks. is it just bones at this point? i was wondering if that's part of the reason they aren't using volunteers any longer? besides not hindering evidence, the decomposition may bee too "much" for "regular" volunteers?

if there are volunteers still wanting to search, i think they should use them. there's A LOT of land to cover.

---------
Hope they searched here:

Post #20, Thread 37

nursieloo

Hi! I was doing a little brainstorming about the MS case today. Thinking that BSL probably would have avoided any heavy highway action due to wounds bleeding or whatever damage was done to truck. I thought about the fact that he might have taken HWY 90 to get from home to the Ochsner hospital. There was some speculation as to the number 24 being an important clue ( due to the fact that he said the Saints Jersey was a #24) , upon cross referencing this route, HWY 90 intersects with LA 24 in Houma/Gray area. Where it intersects is a big overpass but under the over pass is a bayou (Bayou Terrebonne i believe). There are two wood group locations in Houma, and BSL may have been familiar with this area. I know its a long shot... but I think anything could be a possibility at this point.

yes. it could be. i don't think he would say 24 on purpose or might not even know that it was exit 24, but studies show that minds can link and pick up on things that they didn't know they picked up on.

i drove past exit 24 off I10 yesterday. it's Menge Avenue right in between Louisiana and Mississippi. i think it's on the mississippi side. anyway, it looked like a sleepy little exit with LOTS of trees. there was a gas station, but I didn't see much more, but i was driving in a downpour

i hate to ask this, but it's been 2 months - a little over 8 weeks. is it just bones at this point? i was wondering if that's part of the reason they aren't using volunteers any longer? besides not hindering evidence, the decomposition may bee too "much" for "regular" volunteers?

if there are volunteers still wanting to search, i think they should use them. there's A LOT of land to cover.

I don't know if that would be a reason...although volunteers may be less likely to be able to tell animal bones from human, I guess.

I think they are, or were, just searching targeted areas from whatever date or info they generated and wanted to "clear" those areas, or hopefully, find Mickey. Also it is dangerous searching in a lot of those areas and they probably have that to consider as well. JMO

Not sure if this one has been posted: http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2012/07/will-more-victims-be-found-connected-to.html

I found it interesting because I am really leaning towards there being more victims of BSL. 1999 to 2012 is a long stretch eben though he was locked up for a bit in those years.

There's quite a few in Louisiana, too. This one stands out to me. Dorothy Eyvonne Rosier age 25, missing from Pineville, LA 1/11/2010.

http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=584

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8719/14

Still putting it together, but there's also
Sheryl LouAnn Johnson 16 missing 3/1/2010 New Orleans
Victoria Marie Perez 22 missing 3/10/2011 Alexandria
Shema Turner Stephens 16 7/31/2010 Shreveport
and there's more on the lsu.edu site.

yes. it could be. i don't think he would say 24 on purpose or might not even know that it was exit 24, but studies show that minds can link and pick up on things that they didn't know they picked up on.

i drove past exit 24 off I10 yesterday. it's Menge Avenue right in between Louisiana and Mississippi. i think it's on the mississippi side. anyway, it looked like a sleepy little exit with LOTS of trees. there was a gas station, but I didn't see much more, but i was driving in a downpour

It's also possible that someone whom BSL was in contact with wore a #24 Leigh Torrence jersey. Not a popular jersey, but I did see it a couple times. Also, for a while people saw so many #9, #25, #26, #80, #12 jerseys that some folks bought the less-popular ones so as to be different.

It's for sale online:

LINK

Leading up to and after the Saints won the Super Bowl, marketers made a lot of profit off the jerseys. Torrence, a cornerback, made some key plays for the Saints in 2010.

It's not impossible that someone BSL knew wore one, someone who is into football and specifically played cornerback in high school or college.

As far as Menge Ave...... it's the main exit that leads to Waveland, Miss., which got obliterated by a 27-foot storm surge from Hurricane Katrina. Lots of deaths and destruction there, and rebuilding has been slow. I saw the destruction in person and it looked like a 500-lb bomb went off on every block.

The Menge Ave. exit would lead to some pretty isolated places.

The number 24 could mean anything.

---------
Hope they searched here:

Post #20, Thread 37

That is Bayou Terrebonne. But, I doubt he would have done anything near that intersection. On the corner there is State Police Troop C. However, the exits just before and just after are a different story. Do you have an address of the wood locations out there?

Post #20, Thread 37

So HWY 24 only had a GAS STATION near it. BSL see's exit 24 and notices a gas station and incorporates this into his story. Look into it.

Story has been posted here, but here's some accompanying video:

http://www.wbrz.com/videoplayer/?video_id=11957&categories=58

This guy nailed it.

Thanks houdat for posting.....
WOW :great:
The retired detective has skills you only get with experience (years of studying, hunting for, and capturing criminals). :takeabow:

Prayers for Mickey :angel: to come home soon.
God bless Shunick, Pate and all families tormented by BSL.

Hello, I am new to WS. I have been following the Threads since BSL’s arrest. I have been so caught up in all the drama of the arrest that I feel I have started to lose focus in the ‘search for MS’. I haven’t heard anything more about the TES search parties and I was wondering if they are still searching the areas closer to his home? I live in Breaux Bridge and drive to work via Mills Highway instead of the I-10 and pass the turn off towards Lake Martin every day. I work in Downtown Lafayette and it literally takes me about 15 minutes to get to work. I know there were search parties at Lake Martin in the beginning but not sure if they were more water related searches than ground searches? I guess we will never know what happened exactly on the night MS went missing but I get the feeling that because things did not turn out the way he expected, he might have had to act quickly to hide MS. Perhaps he headed towards Lake Martin area? It is heavily overgrown so the poison ivy could have come from this area. From there he could have gone on to WB to dispose of the bike. Another thought that has been rattling around my head is the fact that he could have lain low at a truck stop for the remainder of the day. This would give him an opportunity to rest and prepare his story/alibi. The last thing he needed was for someone to see him with injuries before his alleged ‘mugging’ so it makes sense, to me, for him to hole up at a truck stop along the way until it got dark. Truckers are moving in and out 24/7 or taking rests so it is not uncommon to see trucks parked at these places all day. It is so frustrating not knowing where MS is but at least we know where BSL is! I have attached a link showing the route from St. Landry Street, Lafayette towards Lake Martin. Could it be that he hid her somewhere along the road towards Lake Martin or in the wooded areas at Lake Martin? These are all my own thoughts and opinions. This is my first posting so not sure if I have broken any rules. Thanks for a great website and forum. I have been so impressed with the content and excellent sleuthing from WS members!
http://goo.gl/maps/Qu0T

I agree that Lake Martin is an interesting place and should have been considered, and I hope they did. It's alot closer to downtown Lafayette than people realize especially if you take the old BB highway - which is called Carmel avenue. From downtown you could be at Lake Martin in 15-20 minutes. Another thing that is interesting is that right after she disappeared, half of the lake trails (The north side?) were shut off to the public because of the alligator mating season started, so there is a very large portion that you can't even get to right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx