LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, redtoedfrog, seems Louisiana has a rich history of across the board serial killers. Most serial killers stick to the same victim gender. There are exceptions such Toole & Lucas and Gary Hilton, that had preferences, but no victim profile..

If BSL, deviated from his preferred female victim, it would have been due to pent up rage from his perceived injustices..or someone that had incriminating evidence/info as to his evil deeds..imo

Sorry... That was ment for the person you quoted. I was looking to see if there was an example of a serial killer from the south Louisiana area who had victims of both sexes. My gut says that is not the case for BSL, but, it is an interesting point. Btw, thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Adding that I came across this one who preyed on males....do you know of any who killed both from the Louisiana?

Louisiana did have a serial killer who focused on men. He was convicted in 2008 after confessing to 28 (I think) murders. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,426984,00.html

Considering men then, this comes up right here in the Unidentified forum.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153851"]LA LA - Acadia Parish near Rayne - Human Bones found by hunters, Nov 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

While it is true that BL had time to take Mickey far away and even out of state...LE is searching locally, even this past week or so, when we can (possibly) assume they have more data. So I think the pings, etc. are telling LE he did not leave the general area of that part of LA.

Someone explain the cut to me. I know mullet but don't know what constitutes a new berry cut.

:floorlaugh:

Never heard it described as such, but dammit if that isn't spot-on.

I have another name for it...the PG version is the "D-chop".

Anyway, Sarah, a couple of years ago, someone uploaded this gem to YouTube:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRjrENYnCaQ"]New Iberia Haircut - YouTube[/ame]

Around the same time, this appeared:

61986_162158340464826_5467648_n.jpg

The pic is funny, because I see "T-Boys" all over Acadiana (and yes, in New Iberia) with this same umm..."style".

Lake Martin was one of the very first areas searched by the initial search teams. TES also searched that area a few days later.

I wonder if they were able to search the whole thing. I think on the Thursday of that week - the week she went missing, is when the gate was closed for one half of Lake Martin.

If I remember correctly, this was told to us by "Someguy" who is a verified insider and a relative of BSL. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Right - it was a relative(?) who said that he said that to his family and we learned that here. Right?

Emphasis added

Realistically, IMO, he could have went any direction. From the last sighting of the DWT at approx. 2am until the next actual confirmed sighting of BSL by JPSO at 10:14pm is close to 20 hours (factoring in the amount of time it took after hospital called LE for them to get there). BSL says he talked to NOPD for 2 hours, but NOPD has no record of this.

Twenty hours is a long time. He could potentially have made it to the FL panhandle, or Mississippi, or Shreveport, or Arkansas, or Venice (where he went offshore), or Texas and back to Jefferson Parish hospital.

IMO, he learned his lesson about leaving bodies too close to home, under boards and would have done a "better" job far away from his home.

All good theories and possibilities, hsmom2...
With all the efforts that BSL made to destroy incriminating evidence.

Why would he not insure that the most incriminating evidence of all, for his conviction, be relocated to another jurisdiction, destroyed, forensically cleansed and hidden in an area to be found, yet deflect to others involvement such as the Jennings serial killer?

Due to BSL's creative, calculative, and deflective nature, as well as his pattern of taunting investigators, imo. I am leaning towards the latter...

New Iberia Haircut - YouTube

The pic is funny, because I see "T-Boys" all over Acadiana (and yes, in New Iberia) with this same umm..."style".

Ahhaha! I dig the jingle in the video! Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying.

RE:
'Hunters locate many remains of missing/murdered persons, but other outdoor persons also stumble upon them frequently: fishermen, mountain bicyclists, atv riders, hikers, joggers, dog walkers, etc'..

This is why it is imperative that a timeline of BSL's travels and other info be released to the MS Media by investigators. There is entirely too much geographical area for TES & LE to search without the general public's help..

<rest of post respectfully snipped and put in a "cone" so it doesn't rip out the stitches>

Hunters and someone trying to hide a body have the same mindset (albeit with somewhat different end results in mind): they want a place where human activity is minimal so that they have a chance of success.

Lots of landowners who do hunting are checking their properties at this time of year, and activity will only ratchet up as hunting season gets closer. Feeds, salt licks, bedding activity, trail scouting and deer stand setups are all activities one usually pursues prior to hunting season. I hate to say it like this, but as people get ready for squirrel/dove/robin/deer seasons, the chances of someone finding "something" in a remote area increases.

As a side note, most landowners won't search a property unless they notice grass, property or buildings disturbed. It would be fantastic if we could get a public call for landowners with larger holdings to have their properties, especially wooded/overgrown/remote ones, searched for anything suspicious.

Hunters and someone trying to hide a body have the same mindset (albeit with somewhat different end results in mind): they want a place where human activity is minimal so that they have a chance of success.

Lots of landowners who do hunting are checking their properties at this time of year, and activity will only ratchet up as hunting season gets closer. Feeds, salt licks, bedding activity, trail scouting and deer stand setups are all activities one usually pursues prior to hunting season. I hate to say it like this, but as people get ready for squirrel/dove/robin/deer seasons, the chances of someone finding "something" in a remote area increases.

As a side note, most landowners won't search a property unless they notice grass, property or buildings disturbed. It would be fantastic if we could get a public call for landowners with larger holdings to have their properties, especially wooded/overgrown/remote ones, searched for anything suspicious.
YESSSSS! Maybe his church, the MSM, the LE and the Shunick family could request that everyone search their properties, sheds, coops, piles of wood ect. Bring Mickey Home

All good theories and possibilities, hsmom2...
With all the efforts that BSL made to destroy incriminating evidence.

Why would he not insure that the most incriminating evidence of all, for his conviction, be relocated to another jurisdiction, destroyed, forensically cleansed and hidden in an area to be found, yet deflect to others involvement such as the Jennings serial killer?

Due to BSL's creative, calculative, and deflective nature, as well as his pattern of taunting investigators, imo. I am leaning towards the latter...

right, he went in every direction, but i'm just assuming since they have narrowed it down to the 3 parishes then they must know something we don't?? i wonder if he has any relatives or friends in Mississippi?

I saw some talk a couple of pages back about having a channel to talk about missing persons. I have a feeling that would become the newest version of, "Why do some missing persons get massive coverage while others just get a poster in Wal-Mart?"

While it is true that BL had time to take Mickey far away and even out of state...LE is searching locally, even this past week or so, when we can (possibly) assume they have more data. So I think the pings, etc. are telling LE he did not leave the general area of that part of LA.
But we know he was here in New Orleans the next afternoon. There are miles and miles of uninhabited territory in between. I hope his cell phone records hold clues about which route he drove.

New Iberia Haircut - YouTube

:what:

Oh heavens...That illustration looks like the guy rubbed his shaved pate smack into a soaked pile of horsey-dookie. o.0

*wipes away tears of mirth*

Miabella... Just trying to find where you read this quote of BSL. If I google it, I conly find it here in websleuths. Who was he talking to?

I'm not Miabella, and I am a couple of pages behind in the thread -- but in case you haven't been answered yet: As far as I know, that statement reported from BSL (They did it to me again, or something similar) did emerge here on WS, as reported by poster Someguy, who I believe has been WS-verified as a relative of BSL.

But we know he was here in New Orleans the next afternoon. There are miles and miles of uninhabited territory in between. I hope his cell phone records hold clues about which route he drove.

I hope so too. I am just going off a feeling that he left Mickey before very shortly after the abduction, especially if things did not go as he had planned. And possibly went home to shower and change, etc...maybe nap, before heading to NO.

yes that's all i could see right off the interstate. BUT, this would have been out of his way. it's past NOLA. he could have gone to Mississippi first then back to NOLA for the hospital, but i doubt it. it seems more like she's in LA. i was speculating since i saw exit 24.

this is it
http://goo.gl/maps/DC7w

like everywhere else around here, LOTS of places there to hide a body :(

Just to clarify, Hwy 24 and exit 24 are two completely different places.
Hwy 24 exit is 210 or something like that. It has State Troop C, a high school, McDonalds, Best Western, etc... all around. I don't think it is likely spot, though I could be wrong. I believe the Wood Group is building a new facility further down that road or on Hwy 311, which is the next exit.

I am not familiar with Exit # 24 off of I-10 so I can't speak to that one.

Please don't let that jingle be stuck in my head for the rest of the day!!! :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx