LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Mamacat for your post...beautiful photos. I can't stop crying.

I wonder why they don't use long plastic bags for things like that or wrap them in that paper like paper bags are made of???

At my old job, we never would bag anything that had a chance of having any body fluid in it, or anything that has moisture as it can taint the evidence. This would be a good reason, if there was something wet, such as shop vac or mop they cannot use plastic, if you wrap in paper you can lose evidence, we always used paper bags unless certain no evidence would be wet or damp....IMHO

That may be an option, but I really doubt there will be a need. I am pretty sure I can count at least a dozen Laffy residents on this board who have asked, many times, "what is the CajunNet, and how do I get it", so obviously not everyone is part of it. And FWIW, every community and town has its own version of the cajun net...ours are just called gossipers and busybodies. And they are many, and everyone knows some.

I agree to a degree. There are many people who are oblivious to the news, to the internet, to town gossip, and could be a part of any jury pool in any town, no matter how big the case, until the day that these same people may have a vested interest in knowing more.

I just watched a 20/20 episode on ID on how one innocent person's life was destroyed by one single person with a grudge using multiple internet usernames on a website. The subject even lost his job due to lies made to look like the truth by corroborating numbers.....one single woman who simply made up multiple screen names to defame him. The subject of the episode was finally able to win a defamation lawsuit against this single poster with multiple IDs; however, the website she posted the slander on was not held responsible by law and cannot be made by law to remove those posts. Posts to local gossip websites like the one shown in this episode of 20/20 will probably be there forever, even if they are proven in a court of law to be false.

WS asks its posters not to forward rumors, and gossip. WS posters try to use initials instead of full names here. This is the reason I come to Websleuths and not those other types of websites where their posters can post any damaging thing they like about a person using the target's full name and other sensitive, identifying information, while those posters hide behind screen names. On some sites posters can use multiple screen names on the same site to effectively corroborate lies. These other websites are not by law held accountable for what people post.

While more and more judges and courts are forbidding jurors from using the internet at all while on the case, there's nothing stopping potential jurors from looking up information on a case in two years when the case gets closer to trial.
Here's an article on internet use by jurors that essentially states that each court has to be proactive with very detailed instructions, listing everything that jurors cannot do. A difficult task. IMO

Getting off my soapbox now... I realize that I am PTTC (preaching to the choir) here.
:blushing:

MS deserves to be found and brought home to her family.
MS and her family deserve justice.
LP and her family deserve justice.
I do not want to post anything that in anyway might endanger what these victims and their families deserve.

:what: They found 34 licenses, 56 purses and 78 pairs of panties!!!!!! Oh no!!!

:coffeeup: Just kidding but that's exactly how it starts...:truce:

Wait! Hold the phone! I thought it was 57 purses and only 77 pair of panties.:what:

Ummm...sorry.

I keep thinking that if more pressure (we KNOW this; we KNOW that) were being put on BSL, he will be more likely to TELL where Mickey is now. I know that LE can't talk to him without his request, but what IF his visitors were telling him that the gig is up, CONFESS and BRING MICKEY HOME!

That's yet another reason why I support a healthy discussion and sharing of reliable facts about all evidence in this case.

I fear it could be the opposite, in his mind; they don't have Mickey, so proving what they claim they know will be that much more difficult. And besides, he is not talking to LE at all. I don't think his lawyer will advise him to speak with LE. At least...they seldom do.

i agree with you, justwannahelp, there is very little coverage in Baton Rouge about MS.
Immediately I saw her pic posted on the bulletin board at Starbucks in Towne Center. And that was it. I have been to the local bike shop and there were the various cycle events posted on the doors, but nothing about Mickey. i just thought that some kindred cyclers would have posted her pic, non?

I keep praying that light will finally be shed on Mickey's location, so that her family and all her loved ones and friends can give her a beautiful memorial service and her final resting place. Please God, let it be soon, for her family's sake. They have suffered more than enough pain. Love & prayers to the Shunick family.
:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

bringmickeyhome.jpg

Tears. :(
look at her sweet loving face hugging that puppydog. ohhhhh, how her family, friends, and pets must miss her

i agree with you, justwannahelp, there is very little coverage in Baton Rouge about MS.
Immediately I saw her pic posted on the bulletin board at Starbucks in Towne Center. And that was it. I have been to the local bike shop and there were the various cycle events posted on the doors, but nothing about Mickey. i just thought that some kindred cyclers would have posted her pic, non?

exactly. i didn't see her at Izzos on Corporate, Zoes, Whole Foods, Town Centre, Perkins Rowe, Baskin Robbins, La Madeline's. Nada.

The only places I saw her were Reginelli's on campus, Which Wich by Target, and Izzo's on campus

After each time I noticed that she wasn't there, I felt bad for not putting her there. I've been toting around an infant and 3 small children this summer, however. we are a circus act. by the time i refilled my printer with black ink, bought paper that didn't slip through my printer, printed the fliers and put them in my car, BSL was arrested. literally, the day I put the fliers in my car. it's the story of my life - a dollar short and a day late.

i don't think businesses will be as willing to hang them with his arrest?? i mean, i hate to say it, but at this point fliers won't really help. :(

all we can do now is pray, search if you can, and pray some more.

Been lurking for a bit so I can get caught up and Im still not even close! WoW! Good Sleuthing WS. Question? Stumbled on the link of BL and His mom on a the last thread. I do not have the link right off hand(if need I can retrieve) If you go all the way to the bottom and read the first comment and follow that link, to a picture on fb. It will stun you as much as it stunned me:what: I was then surprised (I snooped a little) when you click on the wall and look at next to kin there are sticking resemblances. I don’t think I can link or say much more because I do not want a "free vacation" from Ws so I will behave. But on the same note, what if BL wanted to "pretend" to be another BL?! To try and hide what he really was/is capable of? This is all just speculation on my part, but could explain the getting away from his crimes? Does that make any since to anyone? I think my mind is spinning in circles as well :waitasec::crazy:

Ok, back to page 3 and some more reading AkA lurking:moo::moo:

I've also been following this case and these threads for a while now, and I'd like to know which link you're talking about.

<MODSNIP>

<MODSNIP>

Does anyone know if TE is still searching? God bless them and all the folks that are wrapped in this whole mess. I hope that this is a turning point for how RSO are looked at and treated. I hope a law is set up in all these womens names(Lisa,Mickey,Jarren and any other women who has fallen to the hands of these men! Its just so sad that so many times these crimes can be prevented.

Justwannahelp, Am praying for MS's family, friends and search crews + petitioning St. Anthony who is the Patron of lost things. He never disappoints, try him !!

<MODSNIP> Does anyone know if TE is still searching? God bless them and all the folks that are wrapped in this whole mess. I hope that this is a turning point for how RSO are looked at and treated. I hope a law is set up in all these womens names(Lisa,Mickey,Jarren and any other women who has fallen to the hands of these men! Its just so sad that so many times these crimes can be prevented.

Thanks MsJules, but it looks like D got home safe, <MODSNIP>. Thank God she's alive. I just wish we could find Mickey alive too :what:

You rock as well:rocker:it must be me, my computer (probably both) or yall are just to good :woohoo:

I have been lurking here and searching other possible victims for the BSL SK thread. Although I did not get a chance to upload the info today, I recognized coming accross the name. :)

Justwannahelp, Am praying for MS's family, friends and search crews + petitioning St. Anthony who is the Patron of lost things. He never disappoints, try him !!

He always helps me find my scapula and medals that seem to always fall off or get misplaced. I never thought about praying to him to find a person!! I will give him a try:please:

Thanks MsJules, but it looks like D got home safe, but <modsnip> I just wish we could find Mickey alive too :what:

Me too: anguish: but (I really loath to say it) laid to rest close to home; at peace and so the Shunicks, Friends and now extended friends (US) can have some sort of closure. I only got part of my daddy back 3 yrs after he came up missing, but knowing he was found and identified helps the transition of healing a little better.

Tears. :(
look at her sweet loving face hugging that puppydog. ohhhhh, how her family, friends, and pets must miss her

Oh, I know. That picture of her with the dog absolutely breaks my heart. She seems like she was such a beautiful, caring young woman.

Please bring Mickey home!!! :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member