LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new here and this is my first time posting. I was looking for the answer to why the gj would be held in lafayette. I think this will answer the question.
Rule 14.1 Allotment - Defendant With More Than One Felony Case
(a) Unless a different method is set forth in Appendix 14.1, if a defendant has a felony case pending and previously allotted, any new felony arrest for that defendant shall be allotted to the division to which the pending felony was allotted. This Afelonies-following-felonies@ rule also applies to any pending felony arrests for a co-defendant with a new arrest and billed as a co-defendant
http://www.lasc.org/rules/dist.ct/FINALRULES.PDf

Welcome!!!! You have fast fingers :)

That's interesting... I'll have to read more from that source to get smarter.

So as I read it.. it said that if a felony is pending (let's say - the Shunick case) - then an additional felony shall be in the same district... so the Pate indictment would have to be in the 15th District, too.

But Crowley is also in the 15th District. I would like to find some rules on where grand juries must be held, vis a vis where the crime occurred.

Maybe LE decided that they wanted to present both cases at once - and so used some clause to move the Pate indictment to Lafayette.

Have we thought about this:

The grand jurors were presented with TWO cases in one sitting - expecting to get ONE.

Wouldn't that have subconsciously bolstered both cases - and increased the chances of a true bill on both??? Pretty smart move, maybe.

thanks again for the info, and

:welcome4:

you may find it interesting that KLFY is announcing that Mike Harson is investigating allegations that Brian Baumgardner may have lied to a state judge in order to obtain a search warrant in the case involving Roger Fontenette. As I understand it, and this part is not mentioned by KLFY, he is an investigator in The Mickey Shunick case. I am not clear if he was a lead investigator. Some of the locals may remember that he did appear on television with Craft involving this case. he didn't speak be he was in the screen shot. I would link the KLFY story for you, but I can't figure out how to do that from this iPad. Story just broke a couple of hours ago and you should be able to find it on KLFY.

All on the same judicial circuit, is that what you mean? My county (Georgia equivalent of parish) is on the same circuit with two other counties.

Yes! Thanks. Worded it wrong. It's the 15th Judicial District which is made up of Lafayette, Acadia, & Vermillion Parishes. :seeya:

Read between the lines.

If the indictments were brought in the 15th District - that doesn't include Whiskey Bay....

Unless there's a huge incident with need for multiple Air Meds to be floating around in the skies, I'd have to say no, it's not normal. Most helicopters that land at a hospital will be one medically related, like the ones associated with Acadian Ambulance. Where are you seeing this?

Off S. College. An hour is a pretty long time. I forgot to see which company was flying it. I don't think it was AA because it would've been green, eh? I want to say it was brown and white. PHI, maybe? LPD? News in 30 min, I'll keep a look out.

you may find it interesting that KLFY is announcing that Mike Harson is investigating allegations that Brian Baumgardner may have lied to a state judge in order to obtain a search warrant in the case involving Roger Fontenette. As I understand it, and this part is not mentioned by KLFY, he is an investigator in The Mickey Shunick case. I am not clear if he was a lead investigator. Some of the locals may remember that he did appear on television with Craft involving this case. he didn't speak be he was in the screen shot. I would link the KLFY story for you, but I can't figure out how to do that from this iPad. Story just broke a couple of hours ago and you should be able to find it on KLFY.

Is this the same story Busted was telling weeks ago? I never really got the deal with that, and no other stations reported it so I didn't pay much attention to it.

Bumping- 'Although I dont believe that prolific serial killer 'BS' Lavergne, is responsible for the victims of the Jennings Serial Killer'. .I do believe that he has learned from the tragedy. As well as from the Derrick Todd Lee and Sean Vincent Gillis serial killings.
Gillis had newspaper clippings & a file on DTL's evil deeds. Did LE locate similar items, photos, or videos of his evil deeds during the search of BSL's home?
Imo, they did...

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/dark-minds/episodes/episode-guide-06.html

Brutal Bayou - Discovery ID

http://jdpkiller.wordpress.com/2011/08/02/a-serial-killer-in-jennings-la-–-part-7/

Guest: Murphy Lewis (spouse of 1st victim Loretta Chaisson Lewis)
Host: Joey Ortega
Airdate: Fri, Jul 22, 2011

Recap of the show:

For the first time, after six years of silence, Murphy Lewis, the husband of Loretta Chaisson Lewis made a decision to speak publicly about his wife and her death. Loretta, who is believed to be the first victim in a series of 8 unsolved deaths/murders in Jeff Davis Parish, was found May 20, 2005 floating in the east fork of the Grand Marais Canal a few miles southwest of Jennings.

Well...we have to remember he has not been convicted of killing anyone...and may not be for a few years yet...maybe once he is convicted, he will have a change of heart, although with this guy, I just envision endless appeals and no confessions.

if it can'tbe done, it can't be done, but
it seems like AFTER a conviction or multiple convictions, which may be the result with him, they could somehow coerce her location. at that point, if they are going to kill him, why not get her location from him? that's just my thinking. if it can't be done, it can't be done, but it makes absolutely no sense to me. personally, i don't believe in the death penalty, but if i did, i wouldn't want the murderer of my daughter being put to death if he was the only one knowing her whereabouts

ok. i'll quit :whiteflag:

well, that's a damn shame that something that wouldn't harm him can't be used so the family can say goodbye to their daughter and sister murdered by him. yet, it's okay to have the death penalty? we put people to death, but can't coerce the location of their victim from them. how backwards is that?

Under our justice system, we can't do any of that before the accused is convicted.

I posted about that the other day but Bessie removed it saying that it just muddied the waters. I wondered if it would affect the MS case, but I have a healthy fear and reverence of Bessie so I ain't saying anything more.:fence:

Off S. College. An hour is a pretty long time. I forgot to see which company was flying it. I don't think it was AA because it would've been green, eh? I want to say it was brown and white. PHI, maybe? LPD? News in 30 min, I'll keep a look out.

If it's been circling that long, they may be looking for someone.

I posted about that the other day but Bessie removed it saying that it just muddied the waters. I wondered if it would affect the MS case, but I have a healthy fear and reverence of Bessie so I ain't saying anything more.:fence:

Don't make Bessie open up the can!!

:worms:

And it ain't worms in there, either.

Someone explained it earlier in a thread i will try to find cause it explains it better than I can, but its all about jurisdictions. There are several parishes that fall under one jurisdiction. And Acadia & St Landry fall in Lafayette's jurisdiction.

Three parishes are in the 15th Judicial District Court: Acadia, Lafayette and Vermilion. St. Landry is in its own district.

Seems he was arrested on the warrant but they didn't place a hold on him when everything else hit the fan back in 2000.

Lavergne was arrested on the warrant for simple battery on February 9, 2000.

He was then released 12 hours later to Fort Polk where he was stationed at the time.

The next day, he was booked into jail in Evangeline Parish in connection with an aggravated oral sexual battery charge.

He would end up serving eight years. At that point there was no hold put on Lavergne, or record filed indicating his arrest for the domestic violence in Opelousas.

typically a hold is put on an inmate so the jail knows not to release him until all charges have been addressed in court. Or the court is told about the warrant being cleared so they can schedule a court date. We may never know what happened.
http://www.katc.com/news/opelousas-city-court-will-pursue-12-year-old-case-against-lavergne/
:banghead: multi jurisdictions... muddy water... divert attention
TILT TILT TILT!!!*
2 charges filed... some ONE assumed it was the same thing I bet!*
WOW! TALK ABOUT manipulation! Is he freakin :dracula:? Does everyone fall under his spell?
You have to look at the jurisdiction he was charged by.

Then listen very close to what the COP stated in his presser.
Which presser? After the indictment or before??? ~ a lil help please!
Is it normal for a helicopter trying to land at a hospital to circle it for over an hour? If not, then it must be a ghetto bird. I wonder what they're looking for. I guess it wouldn't be looking for Mickey since it's dark outside.
No! What Hospital?

Welcome!!!! You have fast fingers :)

That's interesting... I'll have to read more from that source to get smarter.

So as I read it.. it said that if a felony is pending (let's say - the Shunick case) - then an additional felony shall be in the same district... so the Pate indictment would have to be in the 15th District, too.

But Crowley is also in the 15th District. I would like to find some rules on where grand juries must be held, vis a vis where the crime occurred.

Maybe LE decided that they wanted to present both cases at once - and so used some clause to move the Pate indictment to Lafayette.

Have we thought about this:

The grand jurors were presented with TWO cases in one sitting - expecting to get ONE.

Wouldn't that have subconsciously bolstered both cases - and increased the chances of a true bill on both??? Pretty smart move, maybe.

thanks again for the info, and

:welcome4:

Yes, we should think about that, IMO.

Yep, green and white. So..near LGMC. Hmm, that's a while for a copter to be circling the same general area. Wonder what's up....

Yes! Thanks. Worded it wrong. It's the 15th Judicial District which is made up of Lafayette, Acadia, & Vermillion Parishes. :seeya:

You worded it fine! I was a little behind in the thread and so burst in with my little "nugget" after all this had been discussed aready. So sorry! (About caught up now!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member