LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's confusing to me to see people talking about how huge Mickey's case is in Louisiana, how much coverage it received, because I remember before BSL's arrest, there were posts here from people in other Louisiana cities and how their local news wasn't covering the case, people didn't know who Mickey was, etc. I just wonder if BSL hadn't been arrested yet, if Mickey's fate was still a complete mystery, if people would still be (overly IMO) satisfied with the state and national coverage of this case.

Also, some people have posted that if this happened in a big city, it wouldn't have gotten the same amount of attention. But what about the Etan Patz case in NYC? Etan went missing almost 35 years ago, and his case still receives national and local coverage.

It's confusing to me to see people talking about how huge Mickey's case is in Louisiana, how much coverage it received, because I remember before BSL's arrest, there were posts here from people in other Louisiana cities and how their local news wasn't covering the case, people didn't know who Mickey was, etc. I just wonder if BSL hadn't been arrested yet, if Mickey's fate was still a complete mystery, if people would still be (overly IMO) satisfied with the state and national coverage of this case.

Also, some people have posted that if this happened in a big city, it wouldn't have gotten the same amount of attention. But what about the Etan Patz case in NYC? Etan went missing almost 35 years ago, and his case still receives national and local coverage.

I haven't noticed the kudo's that have been going around lately being directed towards the local and national media, rather it's been directed toward Mickey's family and friends for doing such an amazing job of keeping it alive and in the news... JMO

I've become unable to read TheAdvertiser.com articles - unless I subscribe. I really don't want to subcsribe to a newspaper in another state. Is there a suggestion on how to access these articles or a back door? Juss askin....

Delete your cookies - tools->delete browsing history-> check cookies

Actually there was a news article that came out shortly after his arrest stating that his girlfriend had been brought in for questioning.

Yes, I know there was an article. My post was in reply to another poster who wondered about BSL's girlfriend. I meant that her name had not been made public but that when the trial started, I'm sure that her name will be released.

Yes indeed considering the terrain. IMO it would be impossible to search every square foot of all that area. IMO they would have to know if brush looked like it had been disturbed or flattened like it had been walked on or whatever. Broken sticks or brush like it was stepped on. Holes through brush or ends if little branches snapped off as someone walked by. I'm sure they know things like that but here we are 2 months later telltale signs like that would be gone. I wish that they would allow volunteer searchers. IMO that would be the only way that they could possibly cover ever square inch and people are willing. Kids in the area know the woods that they play in. The bayous they swim in etc better than anyone not from there. Hunters who hunt there as well. They know where this or that gully or coulie goes and how deep it is. All HMO

Furthermore arraignment is on the 27th right? There is but a few days left to bargain with him. I however wouldn't bet on it because I don't feel he cares if he lives or dies. IMO life in prison nor death penalty is bad enough punishment for the crime. There is no way to punish him harshly enough IMO.

All jmo

They can bargain all the way through the trial and and the jury deliberations until a verdict is reached.. Usually though a defendant's best deal will be made in advance because it saves time and money.

hmmmm. i'm not sure. i believe he said LE put him on a gag order. After the arrest everyone was questioning him, and he wouldn't answer much. I kind of took it as a "boy, you need to shut your mouth sort of thing", but maybe he was served papers or a contract to sign or something. They couldn't even get him to say whether it he was one of the 2 tips that Craft spoke of in the presser. I, along with many others, assumed he was one and the car sales lady was the other, but he wouldn't confirm. The only thing he would confirm is that his sister in law was totally in the dark leading up to the arrest.

I don't think it was an official gag order. It may be LE but it may also have the DA who requested he stop posting. They don't want details that will be used in their case getting out. That would give the defense more time to come up with ways to refute it.

Also IMO if they don't find her soon they wont find her until the fields are harvested and the hunting seasons all come and go. I hope that they are still on the lookout then jmo

BringMickeyHome♥;8187248 said:
How do I get to this 'CAJUNNET' I have been reading so much about?:banghead:

Cajun net is a term for gossip. If you live in the area and listen to what is being said, that's Cajun net.

What CajunLady said is true. The items found are most likely what gave them hard evidence against him. When you have that many things belonging to that many women, something is wrong and classifies as stalking. How his gf never saw these things is very hard to believe.

BSL and she may have spent more time at her house than at his. You can bet too that these things were not in a place she was likely to see.
The wives and families of serial killers many times had no idea what was happening. IMO, that's part of the thrill they kill and then go on with their daily lives hiding the monster.

I've become unable to read TheAdvertiser.com articles - unless I subscribe. I really don't want to subcsribe to a newspaper in another state. Is there a suggestion on how to access these articles or a back door? Juss askin....

Even us locals are unable to read online articles unless we subscribe, this is a recent change the the advertiser. The only way I know around it is to look at it from another device. It lets you look at 10 articles/month for free?

Like I said, it's a long list. It is not only women's IDs, and yes I've heard it directly from two detectives that visited. Its many different women and items.

From other missing women? Was there mention of how he could have got ahold of these items?

Kkdj, ive sent a request to one of the mods asking approval to post the info I know.

Kkdj, ive sent a request to one of the mods asking approval to post the info I know.

If this info hasn't been published anywhere else.... may want to sit on it.
The defense will love its being published, and if I were they, I would have Websleuths printouts ready for the judge. This site is known.

ETA - Kudos to you for asking the mods.

I have to say, I'd be pretty disappointed in any LE who would share unpublished details about an active investigation with someone who decides to post them on an internet bulletin board. At the very least it sounds like hearsay or gossip. Calling it 'cajun.net' (if one does so) doesn't change that.

Also IMO if they don't find her soon they wont find her until the fields are harvested and the hunting seasons all come and go. I hope that they are still on the lookout then jmo

The first crop of rice is beginning to be cut. Rice fields are very abundant in Acadia Parish.

I wouldn't think it was a leak if LE was visiting people telling them this info. I'd think a leak would be if someone is kin to LE and illegally finding out that info, right? I mean, they only told what they were able to in my opinion.

I tend to agree with you

I wouldn't think it was a leak if LE was visiting people telling them this info. I'd think a leak would be if someone is kin to LE and illegally finding out that info, right? I mean, they only told what they were able to in my opinion.

Unless they have told all the ppl questioned or informed of info to keep it quiet, it wouldn't be a leak IMO. When I spoke with LE, earlier today, NEVER did he say do not give this info to anyone.

The first crop of rice is beginning to be cut. Rice fields are very abundant in Acadia Parish.

A lot of things are just beginning to be cut. Today I'm in the middle of cutting 2 acres that has grown to my knees because it has rained hard here something like 18 out of the last 19 days. This is the worst stretch of daily hard rain I can remember since I was a kid. Today it hasn't rained... YET!!!. The next few days will see a lot more activity in the fields, if the rain holds off for the rest of the week. (20% chance of rain is a Godsend this month.)

MISERABLE weather - for searchers and gardeners alike.

Unless they have told all the ppl questioned or informed of info to keep it quiet, it wouldn't be a leak IMO. When I spoke with LE, earlier today, NEVER did he say do not give this info to anyone.

Right ...LE can control what THEY know but not what other people know.....and I would bet they wouldn't give out info that could hurt the prosecution...JMO

If you mean those whose items were found, then yes.

The only reason I brought this information up, is because a verified insider, "CajunLady" already brought it up on page 10 of this thread. I was just saying I heard the exact same.

I don't see how that would cause for a change of venue, anymore than what other verified users have posted since most of them have a close relation to someone in the case, BSL, Lisa Pate, any of them, and this part doesn't have much to do with them in that sense.

I will "Sit on it" if you think it's best though.
But like i said, I just brought it up after sitting on it, because a verified insider was posting similar information.

I have not as of yet been verified. I am waiting on the call.

And all I said was I heard some disturbing things had been found in/near his home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech