LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does he have to gain? He's likely looking at two life sentences, minimum.

What's the appeal process in Louisiana?

If he gets two death sentences, he'd outlive the appeals processes.

He has zero to gain. The only thing he'd bargain for would be the possibility of parole, IMO. I can't see that even being offered.

It happens on occasion for various reasons. Some perps view life in prison as better than the alternative. Even Bundy tried to negotiate away from the alternative, just too little too late. Absent other things ending his life prematurely, which I wouldn't lose any sleep over, I would imagine BSL would have another 30 years or so to live in prison after an appeals process. I didn't go back and look it up, but isn't BSL in his young 30's? The average stay on death row is about 15 years (not sure if longer in LA for any reason), meaning he'd be put to death by his mid to late 40's. I know I get frustrated with that length of time but I certainly do believe he would otherwise out live any appeal process.

So the question to me becomes whether or not BSL thinks living an additional 30 years or so, albeit in prison, is better than the alternative. I don't know the answer to that. Part of me says he will never do it because he doesn't ever view himself as having done anything wrong. It is always someone else's fault. Another part of me says he places value only on his life and no one else's and therefore might be of the belief that his life is so valuable that 30 years of living protects that life, even if in prison. Even if he did though, it wouldn't be until he felt he exhausted all other options, which is NOT soon enough in my book.

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/cp09st.pdf

I think this is off topic, but I remember this girl's name coming up in some discussions of possible connections to BSL.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120725/NEWS01/120725035/Arrest-made-missing-Duson-teen-case

Forgive me if I am remembering wrong, but I think LE has said Brandon is NOT a suspect in Keoshia's disappearance.

I had been wondering that myself. But don't forget, they had picked up a video from the Daily Advertiser that morning. We still don't know what was on that video. Man, I wish we knew!
Oh, that was another question I had: Did they have to serve him a search warrant in person? They had a warrant. Couldn't they just go in? It isn't like they needed his permission...

I'm very curious about that tape! If LE had indeed seen the video on more than one occasion, but didn't take possession of it until they were ready to make an arrest.....why didn't they pick it up right away? It sorta makes me wonder if the evidence on the tape might not be "all that."

I hate to say this but if he had an heart he wouldn't have done all this in the first place so I doubt he'll talk ESP of there is nothing to give him that he wants ... Seen on a talk show where they had to pay a guy to tell where he hide the bodies that he killed ... Moo all the Ids that they found in his house belong to missing women I think this case is way bigger then just Mickey an Lisa ... Why else would he have there Ids! Ive heard a lot threw Cajun net An I think the majority of it is true but only time will tell

He would never do it because he has a heart because I agree, everything points to the fact that he has none. He would do it though because he is so narcissistic and places such a high value on his own life. Plus, he may view escaping the death penalty as a round about victory over LE. Whatever his motivation, it won't be because he found compassion.

Still to catch up on the thread - been tangled up in the cajun net today - so forgive me...but I just have to bring this other young woman's early demise to the thread, because she may have had some link to BSL. She was from Church Point, died November 7, 2007, aged 24. From what I have gleaned, her death was drug-related, but she had been badly beaten. I feel it's worth looking into. If anyone knows more facts about this I hope they will say something. Just google her name and you will find links to a lot more *off the record* information.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=22798679

BSL was in jail in 2007

Every time that I start typing something...my head just thinks, "Lord, please let us find Mickey today"!

Per FB post: KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel
Leon Wilkerson Jr., 43, was arrested in Zachary, LA on two warrants out of Lafayette Parish on second-degree kidnapping and simple rape. Law enforcement officials tell us this is in connection with the Keiosha Felix disappearance. Wilkerson was arrested on Tuesday, July 24th in Zachary, LA and is in the East Baton Rouge Parish jail. Police say they still have not located 15-year-old Keiosha Felix. She was first reported missing April 30, 2012.

How can it be "simple rape" is she is a juvenile? Wouldn't that be carnal knowledge of a juvenile? I know she already has a child but that doesn't make her an adult. Thoughts?

Yes, the forest is very near there. I don't know if it's been searched - probably not.

I'd looked it up and posted a while back. SH Nat'l Forest contains over 167,000 acres. Don't know how many acres were covered, but pretty sure there have been searches conducted in some areas, since it's where the burned out truck was located.

:banghead: Thanks CajunLady75 - guess he can't be blamed for everything!

Much as we might like to think otherwise, there are plenty of others out there with the urge and/or willingness to kill or do harm.

I'd looked it up and posted a while back. SH Nat'l Forest contains over 167,000 acres. Don't know how many acres were covered, but pretty sure there have been searches conducted in some areas, since it's where the burned out truck was located.

FWIW, I don't think she even crossed the Texas/La border.

It's my understanding that past inmates of BSL are starting to talk of all the things he told them while incarcerated anyone else hearing of this?

Still to catch up on the thread - been tangled up in the cajun net today - so forgive me...but I just have to bring this other young woman's early demise to the thread, because she may have had some link to BSL. She was from Church Point, died November 7, 2007, aged 24. From what I have gleaned, her death was drug-related, but she had been badly beaten. I feel it's worth looking into. If anyone knows more facts about this I hope they will say something. Just google her name and you will find links to a lot more *off the record* information.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=22798679
I think BSL was still in prison in 2007.

Forgive me if I am remembering wrong, but I think LE has said Brandon is NOT a suspect in Keoshia's disappearance.

Respectfully snipped by me. :)

Okie dokie! At least there's been some new info in Keoshia's case. Hopefully she'll be found soon! I'm sure her baby misses her like crazy!

May have put this is wrong spot so reposting it here

Can I help?
Hello, One and All

Before I post anything meaningful I think I should introduce myself for it has been reported to me that I have caused a lot of people to think I am some sort of bozo.

I am Belerle, who some here I was told are calling the Psychic Druid Troll. Now you should know that the term psychic druid is a misnomer. And Trolls are big and ugly. That said I think I like that description since I am a true Druid and am big and ugly.

however, I have certain skills that I have tried to use for years to help find all these missing people. My simple goal being to bring them home so they can be properly grieved for and buried. Other than the normal Druidic skills I have I am a skilled tracker. That original post I made online about a possible location of Mickey Shunicks body was derived by deduction reasoning nothing else. But I have had a very brief connection with her. Which I may talk about later if anyone is interested.

For now let me end this by simply stating that since I have now been let in here, if any one has a problem with me please state it so we can discuss like adults.

Thank You
Belerle
the Psychic Druid Troll

I admire the assertiveness in this post! And I am a true believer in "gifts" and abilities to contact spirits and energies.<modsnip> It's truly fascinating. And WELCOME to WS!

It happens on occasion for various reasons. Some perps view life in prison as better than the alternative. Even Bundy tried to negotiate away from the alternative, just too little too late. Absent other things ending his life prematurely, which I wouldn't lose any sleep over, I would imagine BSL would have another 30 years or so to live in prison after an appeals process. I didn't go back and look it up, but isn't BSL in his young 30's? The average stay on death row is about 15 years (not sure if longer in LA for any reason), meaning he'd be put to death by his mid to late 40's. I know I get frustrated with that length of time but I certainly do believe he would otherwise out live any appeal process.

So the question to me becomes whether or not BSL thinks living an additional 30 years or so, albeit in prison, is better than the alternative. I don't know the answer to that. Part of me says he will never do it because he doesn't ever view himself as having done anything wrong. It is always someone else's fault. Another part of me says he places value only on his life and no one else's and therefore might be of the belief that his life is so valuable that 30 years of living protects that life, even if in prison. Even if he did though, it wouldn't be until he felt he exhausted all other options, which is NOT soon enough in my book.

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/cp09st.pdf

I'm wondering if two death sentences would warrant two separate appeals processes.

I wasn't aware of the average length of time-to-execution in Louisiana.

It would be the only reason he'd give anything up, IMO

Per FB post: KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel
Leon Wilkerson Jr., 43, was arrested in Zachary, LA on two warrants out of Lafayette Parish on second-degree kidnapping and simple rape. Law enforcement officials tell us this is in connection with the Keiosha Felix disappearance. Wilkerson was arrested on Tuesday, July 24th in Zachary, LA and is in the East Baton Rouge Parish jail. Police say they still have not located 15-year-old Keiosha Felix. She was first reported missing April 30, 2012.

How can it be "simple rape" is she is a juvenile? Wouldn't that be carnal knowledge of a juvenile? I know she already has a child but that doesn't make her an adult. Thoughts?

Wait a minute, I see she is 15, but when I looked up her FB, it says class of 2011 and she attended LSU. Is that possible?

The whole Texas leg of this case has been a mystery with very little information released. Since the finding of BSL's burned-out truck I've wondered so many things about TX.
Why there in TX? There was "talk" that BSL's bio mother/relatives were in that area; but I have seen nothing confirmed.
What date did he arrive there..... and when did he leave?
The location of where BSL's original DWT was supposedly "stolen" from the police report made that it was stolen (ex. a house, store, side of the road, motel, etc)?
What specific area in the woods was the burned DWT discovered and by whom?

I think LE knows all this - just not telling right now (and maybe for the best at this point); it has been indicated that they "know how he got back from Tx to LA.

I think TX holds much "evidence" in addition to the DWT - that will come out in trial. Just want to know if any posters here at WS know any confirmed facts at this point.

If anyone has any verified facts - please reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member