LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the cars he has, why didn't he drive one if those after he burned his truck? He should have let the dust settle a bit before buying a new one.

It does not say it was BSL's grandmother's property, it is LM's grandmother.

"I'm shocked. My grandmother is really shocked," Mitchell said. "It took us totally by surprise to discover someone like this lived this close."

I'm a dork!! Sorry! I misinterpretted that! Glad y'all set me straight!

Maybe he really thought that some people wouldn't notice it was a different truck, people who knew him casually. Who knows...it is one of the craziest things I have heard, him going and buying another truck as much alike as possible.

LOL, pretty much.
I went twice. One day after the other. Because the first day, my friend felt really sick, because i mean, it is a potential murderers house.
The second day, very quick pass because of a man who was in BSL's backyard working on his vehicles. I guess his father.

Oh Big red flags!!! Why would someone be working on abandoned cars when BSL may never get to get out jail to drive again??!!!!
Does LE know someone was fooling with the cars?
Someone hiding something??? Just an opinion obviously

I think it's going to be up to us, the members of the public, to effect change because, at the end of the day, elected officials' main concern seems to be getting re-elected, not protecting the public. Thus, there are competing interests involved. You and I, as members of the public, are more directly affected by violent criminals in our midst.

We need to increase accountability for elected officials within the criminal justice system. That may mean keeping track of how many offenders get slaps on the wrists for violent offenses so that when those lenient officials are up for re-election, we don't re-elect them. I hate to be cynical but I'm pretty sure if enough public officials got kicked out of office for not being tough enough on crime, things would start to change.

Something else that could be done is to conduct tests like the Mosaic test (created by Gavin de Becker, author of The Gift of Fear) on every offender, once they are convicted so that we can identify those offenders most likely to commit violent offenses. The results of such a test could be taken into consideration as part of the pre-sentence investigation, and also when these offenders are up for parole. All offenders would have to be tested though because just because an offender hasn't committed a violent offense yet doesn't mean they won't do so in the future. Of course, many folks would take issue with such a sweeping approach but in my opinion, we're in desperate times and desperate times call for desperate measures. I for one am sick of seeing case after case of missing and murdered people, especially in situations where the murders could have been avoided, and fear that the situation will only continue to deteriorate unless we as a society change our approach drastically. JMO, MOO

https://www.mosaicmethod.com/
Well then, if it's up to us then we better all get busy and do our parts!

I know it feels like one person is just not enough to make a difference.

But that IS what makes the difference! Each and every one of our voices counts!

Thank you for this very helpful information!

Oh Big red flags!!! Why would someone be working on abandoned cars when BSL may never get to get out jail to drive again??!!!!

Perhaps the cars are not his. He is a mechanic. He could have been working on them for other people. If he had my car, I would want someone doing something to get it back to me. And if they are his cars, maybe someone is trying to repair them so they can be sold. I feel certain that if there was anything useful to be found in them, LE would have found it. JMO

Does anyone else feel as though maybe BSL over thought things as opposed to not thinking enough? I almost think that after the inital attack, which I believe was somewhat random, he had to cover his tracks to the point of over thinking things.
Take the new truck for example: He goes to TX burns and reports the old one stolen and then buys a new one to cover up anything fishy. Sure it would make it twice as fishy to the rest of us, but he probably didn't want to have to answer to family & friends. Plus with reporting the 1st truck stolen he figured his butt was covered with LE in that aspect.

I dunno.. maybe I'm wrong. Things to me just seem so overly "exaggerated" with his thinking. Maybe it was just his adrenaline. Thinking about a million and one different things to do with various parts of his crime instead of just keeping it simple and to the point. That's also why I believe the will not find Mickey searching the easily speculated areas. He took her some place only his crazy mind could imagine. Familiar to him, but foreign to most others.

Just some random thoughts.

Does anyone else feel as though maybe BSL over thought things as opposed to not thinking enough? I almost think that after the inital attack, which I believe was somewhat random, he had to cover his tracks to the point of over thinking things.
Take the new truck for example: He goes to TX burns and reports the old one stolen and then buys a new one to cover up anything fishy. Sure it would make it twice as fishy to the rest of us, but he probably didn't want to have to answer to family & friends. Plus with reporting the 1st truck stolen he figured his butt was covered with LE in that aspect.

I dunno.. maybe I'm wrong. Things to me just seem so overly "exaggerated" with his thinking. Maybe it was just his adrenaline. Thinking about a million and one different things to do with various parts of his crime instead of just keeping it simple and to the point. That's also why I believe the will not find Mickey searching the easily speculated areas. He took her some place only his crazy mind could imagine. Familiar to him, but foreign to most others.

Just some random thoughts.

One poster put it in a way that made me laugh, the only laugh on this thread for me...that he ended up in a kind of "well this a fine kettle of fish" mode, a la Three Stooges...and went from mistake to mistake.

MamaRoux, well his dad does seem a lot like Brandon, judging by some of what verified users have said about his dad.
And by that, I mean bad things.

Unless he wants them for his self.
I don't think they contained any evidence though, or else they wouldn't have been left at that house.

I think it's going to be up to us, the members of the public, to effect change because, at the end of the day, elected officials' main concern seems to be getting re-elected, not protecting the public. Thus, there are competing interests involved. You and I, as members of the public, are more directly affected by violent criminals in our midst.

We need to increase accountability for elected officials within the criminal justice system. That may mean keeping track of how many offenders get slaps on the wrists for violent offenses so that when those lenient officials are up for re-election, we don't re-elect them. I hate to be cynical but I'm pretty sure if enough public officials got kicked out of office for not being tough enough on crime, things would start to change.

Something else that could be done is to conduct tests like the Mosaic test (created by Gavin de Becker, author of The Gift of Fear) on every offender, once they are convicted so that we can identify those offenders most likely to commit violent offenses. The results of such a test could be taken into consideration as part of the pre-sentence investigation, and also when these offenders are up for parole. All offenders would have to be tested though because just because an offender hasn't committed a violent offense yet doesn't mean they won't do so in the future. Of course, many folks would take issue with such a sweeping approach but in my opinion, we're in desperate times and desperate times call for desperate measures. I for one am sick of seeing case after case of missing and murdered people, especially in situations where the murders could have been avoided, and fear that the situation will only continue to deteriorate unless we as a society change our approach drastically. JMO, MOO

https://www.mosaicmethod.com/[/ I agree and we could call this "MICKEY;S LAW"

One of the many things that really bothers me about BSL's case is that he took a plea bargain of which the burglary was not charged and then he get an early parole for good behavior. IMO if you accept a plea bargain lessening you time you shouldn't be able to get an early parole.

With all the cars he has, why didn't he drive one if those after he burned his truck? He should have let the dust settle a bit before buying a new one.

Maybe because he was hoping no one would notice and think it was the same truck he had been having. Oops it didn't work though!

"The Special K9 Search and Recovery team back in Acadiana, helping in the search for Mickey. They are now combing areas in Acadia, St. Landry and Evangeline Parishes. We'll have more on why they're back tonight at 10pm on KATC."

Just saw this on FB. Guess I'll have to stay up tonight.

Look at how many RSO's there are everywhere; every time there is a new case, we find out how many hundreds there are in each town, if not more. There is no room for them in the current prisons. Partly because we still lock people up for smoking weed in some state, or for shop lifting food. Priorities always come down to money in the end and as long as this country is a split as it has been the past decade or so, it is almost impossible to affect any real changes.

"The Special K9 Search and Recovery team back in Acadiana, helping in the search for Mickey. They are now combing areas in Acadia, St. Landry and Evangeline Parishes. We'll have more on why they're back tonight at 10pm on KATC."

Just saw this on FB. Guess I'll have to stay up tonight.

Hoping this brings Mickey home.

Maybe he really thought that some people wouldn't notice it was a different truck, people who knew him casually. Who knows...it is one of the craziest things I have heard, him going and buying another truck as much alike as possible.

no that's true. that has been my opinion all along - that he took old plate off new truck to make LE think that it was the same truck IN CASE they went to search all RSOs with white trucks. then he could say, "you see, there's nothing in my truck."

oops, i challenged my own opinion by asking why he didn't drive one of his other cars. :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member