LA - Baton Rouge. 3 officers killed/3 wounded, 17 July 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Long’s cousin, who spoke on the condition of anonymity so as not to affect his employment, said family members believed that Long had gone to Louisiana to celebrate his birthday on Sunday and to promote a book he had written recently."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...468847352338&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.e3753908e691

Edited to add more: "Long posted a video online that seems to show him distributing his book to people on the street, and his cousin said he believed that is what Long may have been doing in Baton Rouge. The book, “The Cosmo Way: A W(H)olistic Guide for the Total Transformation of Melanated People,” is styled almost as a self-help guide."

RBBM : I recall reading that BLM was going to have a "day of rage" . I believe that it was supposed to be a few days ago, but the attack in Nice, France occurred. perhaps they changed the day, to gain more news saturation ? jmo

I just did a Google search on this and from the results, the only ones who believe this was initiated by BLM are conservative, non msm sites.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...otest-hoax-chicago-daley-plaza-387013661.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending prayers of healing and love to the victims and their families during this sad and tragic time.

There will always be more good people than the handful of evil-minded people around us. This has always been true.

Sending a prayer that we can hold each other tight and embrace the goodness in each other at this time.

Gavin Eugene Long, the gunman who killed three police officers and wounded three others in Baton Rouge, La., on Sunday, left a vast and angry online trail documenting his interest in black separatism and fury at police shootings of black men.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-baton-rouge-shooter-20160717-snap-story.html

“One hundred percent of revolutions, of victims fighting their oppressors, from victims fighting their bullies, 100% have been successful through fighting back through bloodshed,” he said in a video. “Zero have been successful through simply protesting. It has never been successful and it never will.”

"Baton Rouge cop killer had a YouTube channel where he ranted against "crackers" and disparaged other races.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/baton-r...avin-long-by-authorities-20160717-gq7s10.html

O/T
The silver/gray Nissan ring a bell with Texas plates????? OMG Did anyone catch the year/make?

What context was it in, I mean outside of being towed. Was this in BR after the shooting? Tia

Gavin Eugene Long, the gunman who killed three police officers and wounded three others in Baton Rouge, La., on Sunday, left a vast and angry online trail documenting his interest in black separatism and fury at police shootings of black men.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-baton-rouge-shooter-20160717-snap-story.html

“One hundred percent of revolutions, of victims fighting their oppressors, from victims fighting their bullies, 100% have been successful through fighting back through bloodshed,” he said in a video. “Zero have been successful through simply protesting. It has never been successful and it never will.”

"Baton Rouge cop killer had a YouTube channel where he ranted against "crackers" and disparaged other races.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/baton-r...avin-long-by-authorities-20160717-gq7s10.html

Quite a decorated Marine. He must have behaved ok in the Marines. Five years is a longer time to serve. I wonder if we will hear any reports if weirdness like there was with the Dallas killer

The former Marine who killed three cops in Baton Rouge Sunday may have spent days "hunting" officers and staking out the gas station where the shocking attack occurred, said police sources.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/1...3-others-injured-in-baton-rouge-shooting.html

Gavin Eugene Long, was a soldier, a soldier on a perpetual mission. Prior to military operations, reconnaissance is the exploration outside an area occupied by friendly forces to gain information about natural features and enemy presence. One of the eyewitnesses to yesterdays attack in Baton Rouge described the shooter as a soldier..

Quite a decorated Marine. He must have behaved ok in the Marines. Five years is a longer time to serve. I wonder if we will hear any reports if weirdness like there was with the Dallas killer

Most of the servicemen/women I know spend 20 yrs, then get another job. 2 pensions are better then one. The ones I know that get out early is usually because they can't handle it. This coming from someone, (me) that lived about 4 miles from fort meade and worked in the nsa and westinghouse now northrop gruman that had servicemen/women working there. So 5 years is nothing. jmo idk

Just like a bad police officer doesn't represent all police officers or one terrorist doesn't represent all Muslims, one ****** carrying a BLM sign doesn't represent the movement.

THANK YOU!! I know some of you think I attribute everything to mental illiness. I am not doing that here , but there is something very bizaire with this dude. But it almost is as if its not like mental illiness (I dont really know what I am saying!) but the more tid bits come out really really - peculiar is the word that jumps out at me.

Its a cant put a finger on anything?? This sounds bad, cant help it, I am observant - dont know when the car video was recorded, but it was done so in a neat (by neat I mean neat not ordlerly!) new model vehicle. Car people - make model??

Do we have a current source of income?

This thing is a real head scratcher

Most of the servicemen/women I know spend 20 yrs, then get another job. 2 pensions are better then one. The ones I know that get out early is usually because they can't handle it. This coming from someone, (me) that lived about 4 miles from fort meade and worked in the nsa and westinghouse now northrop gruman that had servicemen/women working there. So 5 years is nothing. jmo idk

But don't some people go into the military for the educational benefits? The shooter went to college after serving in the military, right? He didn't finish college, but it sounds like he was intelligent (well, not completely, but you know what I mean), so perhaps his stint with the military was for job training and for the college money. He was in a technical/data job, IIRC, in the Marines.

Not everyone joins the military intends stay in for their whole career, and a short stint does not necessarily mean anything other than he wanted to do something else.

Something troubling might indeed come out about his time with the Marines, but I haven't seen it yet. (Not that I'm defending the guy, of course!)

JMO

So 5 years is nothing. jmo idk

I was thinking the same thing, The field the Navy had me qualify for (technical) required an eight year enlistment, Very few qualify and of those that did I was in the top 1/3, I opted not to join....

A lot of soldiers, sailors and airmen serve their country for four or five years and IMO it's disrespectful to those serving now and our veterans to say five years is "nothing."

I hear ya! 5 years is not a long time. My father was a 30 year career soldier.

I had a few soldier friends in Germany ( when I was a teenager, ) that Chaptered Out. They couldn't hang.

IMOO.

A lot of soldiers, sailors and airmen serve their country for four or five years and IMO it's disrespectful to those serving now and our veterans to say five years is "nothing."

Perhaps the Original poster meant not a long time. That's how I took it anyway.

IMOO.

THANK YOU!! I know some of you think I attribute everything to mental illiness. I am not doing that here , but there is something very bizaire with this dude. But it almost is as if its not like mental illiness (I dont really know what I am saying!) but the more tid bits come out really really - peculiar is the word that jumps out at me.

Its a cant put a finger on anything?? This sounds bad, cant help it, I am observant - dont know when the car video was recorded, but it was done so in a neat (by neat I mean neat not ordlerly!) new model vehicle. Car people - make model??

Do we have a current source of income?

I'm not picking up mental illness, either (though I am probably far less observant than you are - I know you pick up on people very well, very quickly).

To me, he falls into the group of someone with great potential - he's smart and sees himself as a leader - but doesn't quite live up to that potential. His "greatness" hasn't happened, and not enough people (especially women) are that impressed. He's not getting stroked enough, and he's getting to the age where he has to BE SOMETHING other than a blowhard with potential. He did well in the Marines, but quit after five years. He did well in college, but quit.

He joins groups but then says he wasn't part of the group. I think he disavowed associations because those groups didn't recognize his "greatness." He dumped them before they dumped him.

So, instead of persevering....the egomaniac burns out in a big, big way as an excuse for not achieving greatness. It's essentially suicide, whether he dies or not. A lifetime in prison for a heinous crime is, essentially, suicide of his "life that had potential."

Just my armchair opinion, worth what you paid for it.

Actually five years serving as a Marine is odd to me. When Marines enlist they usually sign up for a 2-4-or 6 year stint. I have never seen a Marine who signed up to serve five years. And if they re-up it is usually for two years or more. An odd number of years like 5 seems very odd to me. Did he ask out for some reason and they gave him an honorable discharge. Even the other cop killer was given an honorable discharge yet he was accused of sexual harassment where the young female had a RO against him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld
Back