Found Deceased LA - Becky Hostetler-Hendrix, 43, New Orleans, 6 Jan 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fact: Becky's car has not been seen since 8:04 am 1/6/22 and had 2 people in it.
@karenlpn2000 just to be clear, Becky's Highlander was seen by traffic cam (or license plate reader?) in N.O. at 8:04AM on 1/6/22, but neither you or LE could identify the people in the vehicle, correct?

I have not seen that photo, but IMO if neither you or LE could identify these people then likely the public couldn't ID them either.

Assuming Becky was driving her vehicle when it was last seen, who was the passenger? However, we do not know for a fact that Becky was driving her vehicle at this time.

While driving in traffic yesterday I found myself directly behind a Toyota Highlander. I don't know the model year of this specific vehicle, but other than the vehicle color it had a similar appearance to the photos of Becky's Highlander posted earlier in this thread.

This particular Highlander had tinted rear and side windows, so even in very bright sunlight I was unable to see the driver or passengers. I could see general movements of heads and arms, but it would be impossible for me to identify anyone in that vehicle.

I do not know if all Highlanders have some form of factory tinted windows, but many of the SUVs I saw yesterday also had tinted windows, especially the rear and side windows.

If Becky's Highlander had factory tinted windows, then I understand how difficult, if not impossible, it might be to identify the two people in her vehicle, especially based on a traffic cam photo.

While driving in traffic yesterday I found myself directly behind a Toyota Highlander. I don't know the model year of this specific vehicle, but other than the vehicle color it had a similar appearance to the photos of Becky's Highlander posted earlier in this thread.

This particular Highlander had tinted rear and side windows, so even in very bright sunlight I was unable to see the driver or passengers. I could see general movements of heads and arms, but it would be impossible for me to identify anyone in that vehicle.

I do not know if all Highlanders have some form of factory tinted windows, but many of the SUVs I saw yesterday also had tinted windows, especially the rear and side windows.

If Becky's Highlander had factory tinted windows, then I understand how difficult, if not impossible, it might be to identify the two people in her vehicle, especially based on a traffic cam photo.
There's every possibility Becky wasn't in the vehicle that morning. Have there been any search parties set up for the area she was last seen in? I just keep picturing Becky as a smart woman and a fighter, if she were facing a dangerous situation she may have thrown something out the vehicle window to be found. Having a search party comb the area her car was last seen might be a good idea, it might also jog someone's memory who was in that area that morning.

I saw an article this morning about a woman missing and I was excited, thinking it was going to be about Becky. But, no. It was a different woman. I have not heard or seen anything in NOLA about her disappearance! Either 1- the NOPD kind of know and are following to see or 2- someone needs to start searching!! Without a lead of where to start, it would be impossible. But certainly, a flyer distribution or something could help. I hate that she is not posted everywhere!

There's every possibility Becky wasn't in the vehicle that morning.
I agree this is something that should be considered, and hopefully has been carefully examined by LE.

IMO it's possible that neither person seen in her Highlander on 1/6/22 was Becky. All we know for certain is that two unidentified people were in her Highlander when it was last seen. As I understand it, neither Karen, Becky's mother, or LE have been able to identify these two people.

This is what occurred to me yesterday as I followed that Highlander in local traffic. From my vantage point, about 15-20 feet behind that vehicle, I was unable to clearly see the driver and passenger due to the tinted windows. I could see shapes only, but no faces. Now, we don't know if Becky's vehicle has tinted windows, but even a light factory tint on the windows might be enough to obscure facial recognition by LE, especially if the photo was taken by an automated traffic camera or license plate reader.

My questions are:
- If Becky was driving that day, who was with her?
- If Becky was not in the vehicle, then who was?

At this time we don't have factual evidence to answer either question.

My understanding is that in the weeks before she disappeared Becky kept in touch with her family and friends by text messaging, rather than in-person visits. AFAIK neither her family or LE have suggested Becky had any known plans to meet with anyone in person shortly before she disappeared. If this is true, then IMO it's unlikely Becky would be in her vehicle with a personal friend that day.

I have no factual evidence to support this, but since she was known to be living with Michael Hearty ("Tricky Albert") at this time, it's entirely possible he may have been one person in the vehicle when it was last seen. Again there's no evidence to support that, but I believe it is possible.

In reviewing the timeline and circumstances of Becky's disappearance we have this factual information:

- Becky's Highlander was last seen on 1/6/22, in N.O.
- Two two unidentified people were seen inside the vehicle at that time.
- The last time anyone heard from Becky was on or before 1/6/22.
- Between November and the time she disappeared, Becky was living with Michael Hearty (AKA "Tricky Albert").
- Michael Hearty and Benjamin Beale knew each other well.
- Beale was arrested in the Julia Dardar case on 1/11/22, five days after Becky was last heard from and her vehicle was last seen.

IMO it's possible Beale could have been in Becky's vehicle with Hearty when it was last seen on 1/6/22. AFAIK there is no evidence to support this, and it's speculation only. However if the timeline above is accurate then this could at least be a possibility.

All of this is co
In reviewing the timeline and circumstances of Becky's disappearance we have this factual information:

- Becky's Highlander was last seen on 1/6/22, in N.O.
- Two two unidentified people were seen inside the vehicle at that time.
- The last time anyone heard from Becky was on or before 1/6/22.
- Between November and the time she disappeared, Becky was living with Michael Hearty (AKA "Tricky Albert").
- Michael Hearty and Benjamin Beale knew each other well.
- Beale was arrested in the Julia Dardar case on 1/11/22, five days after Becky was last heard from and her vehicle was last seen.

IMO it's possible Beale could have been in Becky's vehicle with Hearty when it was last seen on 1/6/22. AFAIK there is no evidence to support this, and it's speculation only. However if the timeline above is accurate then this could at least be a possibility.
Rrect. My son saw the photo of the car today and agrees that there were 2 people in the car and he was also unable to identify who was in the car. I am not sure if she had tinted windows. Today search and rescue along with NOPD did multiple searches with cadaver dogs and nothing was found. So the hope is still there that she can be found safe.

All of this is co

Rrect. My son saw the photo of the car today and agrees that there were 2 people in the car and he was also unable to identify who was in the car. I am not sure if she had tinted windows. Today search and rescue along with NOPD did multiple searches with cadaver dogs and nothing was found. So the hope is still there that she can be found safe.
I am so happy to hear they are searching! Nopd are extremely overworked and mardi gras was just last week, which they work very long hours. No matter their position! I am very glad to know they are really working this case!

Btw- I watch your gray interview. You did great. And he did a great job with his questions. I am sure you both know the answer to this now, but mid-city just refers to an area of new orleans. It's in the city of New Orleans, just a certain little area of it. When someone asks you where something is, we rarely say new orleans, because that doesn't tell much. We say uptown, garden district, 7th ward, Westbank, mid-city, etc.

Today search and rescue along with NOPD did multiple searches with cadaver dogs and nothing was found. So the hope is still there that she can be found safe.
I agree, hopefully Becky will be found safe. As @mpnola said, it's good news that NOPD is actively searching for her.

@karenlpn2000 As far as you know on 1/6/22, the day before her scheduled job interview, Becky didn't mention having plans to meet with anyone. Is that correct? Just trying to come up with a scenario for someone else, perhaps a friend of hers, being in her vehicle on 1/6/22, resulting in the photo you've mentioned.

Currently we have no evidence from LE to suggest that Hearty and/or Beale were in Becky's vehicle that day, that is only one possibility based on the timelines in the earlier post. Hopefully there is a different, logical option for the 'two person' sighting on 1/6/22.

Also, somehow I have the impression that Hearty is no longer living at his previous house on Iberville Street but I'm not sure that is correct. Does anyone know if his current location is known to LE?

I agree, hopefully Becky will be found safe. As @mpnola said, it's good news that NOPD is actively searching for her.

@karenlpn2000 As far as you know on 1/6/22, the day before her scheduled job interview, Becky didn't mention having plans to meet with anyone. Is that correct? Just trying to come up with a scenario for someone else, perhaps a friend of hers, being in her vehicle on 1/6/22, resulting in the photo you've mentioned.

Currently we have no evidence from LE to suggest that Hearty and/or Beale were in Becky's vehicle that day, that is only one possibility based on the timelines in the earlier post. Hopefully there is a different, logical option for the 'two person' sighting on 1/6/22.

Also, somehow I have the impression that Hearty is no longer living at his previous house on Iberville Street but I'm not sure that is correct. Does anyone know if his current location is known to LE?
Since Hearty is no longer at the home he shared with Becky, can the place be searched? It seems odd that he's not there and moved so quickly.

@Ilex I'm not positive Hearty has moved out of that house, but Becky's mother Karen said something about not knowing where Hearty was. I assumed from that statement that he may have left the house he shared with Becky and also may no longer be working at Finn McCool s Irish pub.
If I knew where he lived or worked I'd go there myself.
Hopefully Karen can confirm whether Hearty is still living there or not, and whether LE has searched that house.

@Ilex I'm not positive Hearty has moved out of that house, but Becky's mother Karen said something about not knowing where Hearty was. I assumed from that statement that he may have left the house he shared with Becky and also may no longer be working at Finn McCool s Irish pub.

Hopefully Karen can confirm whether Hearty is still living there or not, and whether LE has searched that house.
Wasn't the last sighting of her vehicle close to that area?

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I'm really frustrated right now. NOPD says they can't find Hearty but I'm beginning to wonder how hard they are looking. No he's not living at the apartment. The apartment, 2 blocks around the apartment and the studio/storage unit was checked with cadaver dogs and was inconclusive. I'm wanting to go to new Orleans and check for myself. Until I know where my daug is, I can't rest.. she needs to be brought home. How can anyone leave a mother thrown away like trash?. I need answers and it's been way to long already. Should I go get the answers myself or continue to wait? I just don't know what to do anymore.

I was hoping you could clarify something for us. Becky's vehicle has been reported as being blue, but from the photo it looks gray. Is it blue, gray or blue-ish gray?

I am so sorry you're going through this.

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I'm really frustrated right now. NOPD says they can't find Hearty but I'm beginning to wonder how hard they are looking. No he's not living at the apartment. The apartment, 2 blocks around the apartment and the studio/storage unit was checked with cadaver dogs and was inconclusive. I'm wanting to go to new Orleans and check for myself. Until I know where my daug is, I can't rest.. she needs to be brought home. How can anyone leave a mother thrown away like trash?. I need answers and it's been way to long already. Should I go get the answers myself or continue to wait? I just don't know what to do anymore.
Ok, so. I'm no expert. But here are my thoughts....
- do you have a Facebook missing page set up for her? If not, we need to see if we can help or get you connected with someone who can help
- once that page starts getting traction, the pressure will be on nope more.
- you can get someone to help organize either a flyer distribution or do a search. I have heard NOTHING in New Orleans about it. That needs to change get
- have you contacted Texas equusearch? They might help. You need people who know wht they re doing. Nola is dangerous and people take advantage. I don't want either of those things to be your reality while trying to find her. And yes. You are right. She needs to be found.

I am sorry that you are finding roadblocks instead of answers. I can't presume to tell you what you should do, but in my own personal experience I've gotten more results by showing up in person than being polite and waiting for them to find the time to call. Sometimes a physical presence solidifies the fact that you are a human being and not just a case file. I truly hope that you find answers soon.

I'm surprised the NOPD can't find him. He posted three hours ago from the St Pat's parade in NO with his friends, who he named. I would think, and I'm not LE expert, but I would think maybe contacting those two friends he was with just three hours ago might be a plausible way to find him?

NOPD says they can't find Hearty but I'm beginning to wonder how hard they are looking. No he's not living at the apartment. The apartment, 2 blocks around the apartment and the studio/storage unit was checked with cadaver dogs and was inconclusive.
Thank you for confirming this information. So now we know that Hearty is no longer living on Iberville Street, apparently no longer working at the Irish pub, plus LE cannot locate him at this time. Based on all of this it's very clear Hearty is not assisting LE or Becky's family in any way regarding her disappearance.

At least we know the Iberville Street residence and immediate surrounding areas were checked by LE.

Although there is no evidence or data to substantiate this, it seems logical that Becky's vehicle would be somewhere in the general area of where it was last seen. Of course it could be hidden somewhere. If LA's traffic cams and license plate readers are in widespread use, then I would expect her vehicle to be seen more than twice if it traveled around N.O. or surrounding areas. MOO.

Ok, so. I'm no expert. But here are my thoughts....
- do you have a Facebook missing page set up for her? If not, we need to see if we can help or get you connected with someone who can help
- once that page starts getting traction, the pressure will be on nope more.
- you can get someone to help organize either a flyer distribution or do a search. I have heard NOTHING in New Orleans about it. That needs to change get
- have you contacted Texas equusearch? They might help. You need people who know wht they re doing. Nola is dangerous and people take advantage. I don't want either of those things to be your reality while trying to find her. And yes. You are right. She needs to be found.

This is such good advice. Put pressure on LE. Do everything that you can do proactively. And if there's something we can help with - ask for help! I'm so sorry @karenlpn2000 that you're going through this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back