LA - Bella Fontenelle, 6, crammed into bucket left on bio mom's lawn, Hannah Landon, 43, arrested, Harahan, 26 Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am by no means bashing the father. I can't imagine the pain he feels right now. I just wonder how long this animosity for the girls mother has been going on? I imagine Bella has been on the receiving end of the gf's vitriol before. <modsnip> The evil that lives inside that woman. *shudders* Sending love and healing to Bella's loved ones. Rest Easy, Sweet Girl!
It appears it started back in June 2021. Or at least that's one incident we know about. It might be further back than that. Only it wasn't Hannah Landon/Bunnak Lim against the mother, it seems it was the other way around from the temp restraining order Hannah/Bunnak took against Bella's mom. This case is muddier than what it appears to be at first glance. And I'm in no way defending a murderer. I'm just pointing out some facts that might not be known.

Keep in mind the POI of this murder (Hannah/Bannak) is the plaintiff in this restraining order and Bella's bio mom (Jennifer Zeledon) is the defendant. So bottom line.., it's been going on for a while.

1682651331135.png

Last edited by a moderator:
O/T sorta. I have a ridiculous question that's bugging me... In the video, is this evil woman wearing white boots? Is it just the lighting, or glare, or some type of illusion from the camera angle? (Or do I need to see my ophthalmologist?)

Woman killed boyfriend's 6-year-old daughter, stuffed body in bucket, used wagon to drop off in biological mother's yard: Sheriff
I mean no disrespect but I'm trying to understand why they color of her boots matter. I know color matters when you're gang affiliated... but I'm not making the link to the color of her boots with this case. Just wondering if I'm missing something and need to update my brain on what white boots mean. lol

It doesn't matter this evening bc our hearts are hurting, but I don't think the killer went to the Police after murdering beautiful 6yo Bella. She went to the hospital. I'm quickly losing faith in the accuracy of MSM reporting.

Bella's father walked into the Harahan Police Department at about 7:30 a.m.

Hannah Landon, 43, Bella's accused killer, was taken into custody Wednesday afternoon after authorities found her at a local hospital, Sheriff Joseph Lopinto said. She will be booked with first-degree murder and obstruction of justice.

• Apr 26, 2023 Updated 11 hrs ago
Woman killed boyfriend’s 6-year-old daughter, left body in bucket at Harahan home: JPSO
JMHOO

It doesn't matter this evening bc our hearts are hurting, but I don't think the killer went to the Police after murdering beautiful 6yo Bella. She went to the hospital. I'm quickly losing faith in the accuracy of MSM reporting.

Bella's father walked into the Harahan Police Department at about 7:30 a.m.

Hannah Landon, 43, Bella's accused killer, was taken into custody Wednesday afternoon after authorities found her at a local hospital, Sheriff Joseph Lopinto said. She will be booked with first-degree murder and obstruction of justice.

• Apr 26, 2023 Updated 11 hrs ago
Woman killed boyfriend’s 6-year-old daughter, left body in bucket at Harahan home: JPSO
JMHOO
Actually she went to the police station and they sent her to the hospital for eval. That was laid out in this post:

ETA - they didn't connect the dots at first but I've reached my limit for free NOLA articles so can't find that quote for you. It might be in this thread so I'll post it if I can find where someone pasted that part of the article.

ETA2 - Found it in one of @tlcya's posts:

Harahan police had actually taken her in for an evaluation after Landon showed up at department headquarters shortly after midnight, early Wednesday morning. Authorities did not disclose what Landon did or said that prompted officers to seek evaluation.

It's also not clear why officers didn't earlier connect the missing person report to Landon's midnight visit.

Last edited:
Actually she went to the police station and they sent her to the hospital for eval. That was laid out in this post:

ETA - they didn't connect the dots at first but I've reached my limit for free NOLA articles so can't find that quote for you. It might be in this thread so I'll post it if I can find where someone pasted that part of the article.

ETA2 - Found it in one of @tlcya's posts:

Harahan police had actually taken her in for an evaluation after Landon showed up at department headquarters shortly after midnight, early Wednesday morning. Authorities did not disclose what Landon did or said that prompted officers to seek evaluation.

It's also not clear why officers didn't earlier connect the missing person report to Landon's midnight visit.

Both statements, the ones I copied and the ones you've copied, come from the same source, NOLA.com.

I think some of the confusion stems from the Police Chief being in Orlando when the awful murder occured. The Sheriff's Dept stepped in to help with the investigation.

Edit to add:

CHIEF - Thank you, Sheriff. I'm the Harahan Police Chief. This morning I was out of town at a conference; an FBI conference down in Orlando. I got a call from my staff in reference to a missing child. Immediately after learning more information, I reached out to the Sheriff, and the other Chiefs that were with me at the conference, all offered to help. The Sheriff and his staff, I can't thank him enough for coming in and working with our guys. Our guys responded, they were doing the right things, we just needed a little extra help and I appreciate the Sheriff for coming in and offering the assistance to develop this case. They were keeping me abreast on the hour. They got me an earlier flight, I just got back in from out of town, but I appreciate everything. The City of Harahan is still safe; it is a safe city. There's no threat to the public right now. There is an arrest, there is a case being worked. The Sheriff, as we get more information, and if it's necessary to report we will, but it takes time. I appreciate all the outside agencies that came in, gave assistance to us, we're a small town, we're a safe town. And I just want the citizens to know that my heart and my prayers go out to the family of this child. This is a senseless type incident that happened, but I can assure you that the Harahan PD and Sheriff's Office are there for the family, and we keep them in our prayers and I thank y'all.
LA - Bella Fontenelle, 6, crammed into bucket left on bio mom's lawn, Hannah Landon, 43, arrested, Harahan, 26 Apr 2023

It appears it started back in June 2021. Or at least that's one incident we know about. It might be further back than that. Only it wasn't Hannah Landon/Bunnak Lim against the mother, it seems it was the other way around from the temp restraining order Hannah/Bunnak took against Bella's mom. This case is muddier than what it appears to be at first glance. And I'm in no way defending a murderer. I'm just pointing out some facts that might not be known.

Keep in mind the POI of this murder (Hannah/Bannak) is the plaintiff in this restraining order and Bella's bio mom (Jennifer Zeledon) is the defendant. So bottom line.., it's been going on for a while.

View attachment 417678

Just gonna bring up that if this woman was pulling my kids hair or my child had reported being abused by dads girlfriend , I could see an angry mom acting out .

TRANSCRIPTION OF CORONER'S STATEMENT

27TH APRIL

CORONER
- Good afternoon, my name is Dr. Jerry Cvitanovich. Just doing a follow-up on the autopsy, yesterday, of Bella Fontenelle, 6 yr. old female. The autopsy was performed yesterday by Dr. Dana Troxclair and Dr. Michael DeFatta, two of our forensic pathologist's, along with the staff here at the Jefferson County Coroner's Office.

The autopsy was done with dignity and respect. Yesterday, a decision was made to not release any details of the cause of death, although we did release the manner of death as homicide, that was done for two reasons: First was to allow law enforcement the opportunity to interview their suspect before release of any information and more importantly, the autopsy was performed yesterday afternoon, we didn't want to release any information to the public, obviously, until we were able to explain the circumstances to the family and answer all their questions. So, those notifications have been made, so I'm ready to release some information today, because we really want to get ahead of and dispel a lot of these rumours that are running rampant on social media.

Our preliminary cause of death, as determined by the forensic pathologist, is: manual strangulation, along with multiple blunt force injuries to the head. It's important.. I want to mention there was no dismemberment involved and before I finish, I want to say also - EMS, 911 operators, law enforcement, the coroner's staff; this is not something we were happy to do. It's hard to see and it's even more hard to unsee and our hearts go out to the families of this poor young girl.

REPORTER - How shocking or how terrible is it to say something like this happened to a 6 yr. old and today's findings to be released?

CORONER - Well, you know, look, we're all either a brother or a sister, or a mom or a dad. So, everybody has a way to relate to what happened to this poor girl and to her family.

REPORTER - You said multiple blunt force trauma. Do you know how many times?

CORONER - No, no, it's multiple.

REPORTER - I know every case is typically difficult, but tell me how difficult was it for you all dealing with the traumatic experience with this 6 yr. old child, being that she died from blunt force trauma to the head?

CORONER - Well look, the staff here is very professional and we're used to, you know, tragic circumstances and there are cases that stand out and when it's a child, it certainly rings differently. And, it's no different for us, as it is for the EMS people who had to go out and confirm death and the law enforcement people who had to go and investigate this death. Quite honestly, it's personal for all of us.

REPORTER - Do we know if the child was deceased before she was placed into the bucket?

CORONER - Our anticipation would be that - Yes. Yes, the answer to that question is yes, excuse me.

REPORTER - Can you tell us how many times blunt force trauma was applied to her?

CORONER - Difficult to tell; there was multiple soft tissue injuries around the head. So, we don't have an exact count.

REPORTER - Do you have any idea what kind of weapon was used?

CORONER - No, not at this point. Well, that's a question for law enforcement, sir.

REPORTER - I know you all mentioned that you had to speak to the parent's beforehand, before being able to release this to the public - Can you tell me a little bit about how that conversation went, to tell these parents the traumatic experience that happened with their child?

CORONER - Difficult. I mean, I'll just start off with myself, difficult for me, more difficult for them. It's difficult for the staff members that were with me and who spoke to them before I got there. It's just not an easy thing to have to relay to somebody, but we did. We answered all of their questions and I hope that they're satisfied with how this was handled by everybody involved, not just my office, but by law enforcement as well.

REPORTER - Is this one of the hardest autopsies you've ever had to do?

CORONER - We've had some tough ones. I mean, it's hard to categorise one over the other. I mean, there's a lot of very tragic circumstances. This one sticks out because it's today. This one sticks out also the to me; I am a parent of 4 kids, so child deaths are always terrible, especially ones like this that should not have happened.
Thank you all. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
The murderer is a monster, no matter what. All these child killers are monsters and there's very little research on them, as a type of murderer. This one went and turned herself in, apparently, but it doesn't exactly warm my heart toward her.

IMO.
I have to admit, I do struggle to understand when a professional uses the term 'monster'.

I'm genuinely curious - do you not see the person behind the monster? Not saying she's not but it just seems so cut and dried using the term. Are you not interested in what drives these women to commit these horrendous acts?

I would also love to hear your take on mothers' who have killed their children due to postpartum psychosis? Yes, a monstrous act, but still a monster?

27TH APRIL

CORONER
- Good afternoon, my name is Dr. Jerry Cvitanovich. Just doing a follow-up on the autopsy, yesterday, of Bella Fontenelle, 6 yr. old female. The autopsy was performed yesterday by Dr. Dana Troxclair and Dr. Michael (?), two of our forensic pathologist's, along with the staff here at the Jefferson County Coroner's Office.

The autopsy was done with dignity and respect. Yesterday, a decision was made to not release any details of the cause of death, although we did release the manner of death as homicide, that was done for two reasons: First was to allow law enforcement the opportunity to interview their suspect before release of any information and more importantly, the autopsy was performed yesterday afternoon, we didn't want to release any information to the public, obviously, until we were able to explain the circumstances to the family and answer all their questions. So, those notifications have been made, so I'm ready to release some information today, because we really want to get ahead of and dispel a lot of these rumours that are running rampant on social media.

Our preliminary cause of death, as determined by the forensic pathologist, is: manual strangulation, along with multiple blunt force injuries to the head. It's important.. I want to mention there was no dismemberment involved and before I finish, I want to say also - EMS, 911 operators, law enforcement, the coroner's staff; this is not something we were happy to do. It's hard to see and it's even more hard to unsee and our hearts go out to the families of this poor young girl.

REPORTER - How shocking or how terrible is it to say something like this happened to a 6 yr. old and today's findings to be released?

CORONER - Well, you know, look, we're all either a brother or a sister, or a mom or a dad. So, everybody has a way to relate to what happened to this poor girl and to her family.

REPORTER - I know every case is typically difficult, but tell me how difficult was it for you all dealing with the traumatic experience with this 6 yr. old child, being that she died from blunt force trauma to the head?

CORONER - Well look, the staff here is very professional and we're used to, you know, tragic circumstances and there are cases that stand out and when it's a child, it certainly rings differently. And, it's no different for us, as it is for the EMS people who had to go out and confirm death and the law enforcement people who had to go and investigate this death. Quite honestly, it's personal for all of us.

REPORTER - Do we know if the child was deceased before she was placed into the bucket?

CORONER - Our anticipation would be that - Yes. Yes, the answer to that question is yes, excuse me.

REPORTER - Can you tell us how many times blunt force trauma was applied to her?

CORONER - Difficult to tell; there was multiple soft tissue injuries around the head. So, we don't have an exact count.

CORONER - No, not at this point. Well, that's a question for law enforcement, sir.

REPORTER - I know you all mentioned that you had to speak to the parent's beforehand, before being able to release this to the public - Can you tell me a little bit about how that conversation went, to tell these parents the traumatic experience that happened with their child?

CORONER - Difficult. I mean, I'll just start off with myself, difficult for me, more difficult for them. It's difficult for the staff members that were with me and who spoke to them before I got there. It's just not an easy thing to have to relay to somebody, but we did. We answered all of their questions and I hope that they're satisfied with how this was handled by everybody involved, not just my office, but by law enforcement as well.

CORONER - We've had some tough ones. I mean, it's hard to categorise one over the other. I mean, there's a lot of very tragic circumstances. This one sticks out because it's today. This one sticks out also the to me; I am a parent of 4 kids, so child deaths are always terrible, especially ones like this that should not have happened.
Was it Michael/Mike DeFatta? I've seen his name pop up when searching for Dana's name. I drilled down to get this:

Was it Michael/Mike DeFatta? I've seen his name pop up when searching for Dana's name. I drilled down to get this:

Thank you!

I was able to google Dana's surname but was coming up empty on Michael's.

27TH APRIL

CORONER
- Good afternoon, my name is Dr. Jerry Cvitanovich. Just doing a follow-up on the autopsy, yesterday, of Bella Fontenelle, 6 yr. old female. The autopsy was performed yesterday by Dr. Dana Troxclair and Dr. Michael DeFatta, two of our forensic pathologist's, along with the staff here at the Jefferson County Coroner's Office.

REPORTER
- Is this one of the hardest autopsies you've ever had to do?
SBMFF

I have to say... I'm not liking this reporter's way of questioning very much. Instead of trying to get to the facts (he did do some of that), it just feels to me (so MOO) that he's looking for... I don't know... all the emotional answers. I mean, come ON... Of COURSE it's shocking, horrifying, difficult, and yes, the parents aren't exactly having a good time right now, so the convo likely was emotional and difficult. I'm obviously not the, or a coroner, but I could have answered all his questions!

Answers - It was very shocking and terrible, it was very difficult, it was a tough conversations to have, and lastly... yes, it was one of the hardest autopsies! Find some better questions to ask, buddy! Sheesh. Like... what was she doing between the time she was seen on video dragging the wagon and 3 hrs later when she walked into the PD!?! We've got more good questions here in this thread!

This is horrific! My heart aches for this baby and her family. I do find it interesting that the accused showed up at the police station and she was taken to the hospital from there. I am assuming it was two different shifts, night or third shift that sent her for evaluation, and then day shift when dad reported them missing. I could see why it took them a minute to put 2 and 2 together. Do police give each other report like nurses do? I think and imo, there will be some mental illness at play here. I will have to find the link above (do we need to link when it has been posted already) but at around 930ish the accused was pulling the wagon down the street. At around midnight she was at the police station. What was going on in between those times? I am very curious what time dad got home and if he was coming home from work or what. Eta link Harahan woman held without bond in murder of 6-year-old Bella Fontenelle

I mean no disrespect but I'm trying to understand why they color of her boots matter. I know color matters when you're gang affiliated... but I'm not making the link to the color of her boots with this case. Just wondering if I'm missing something and need to update my brain on what white boots mean. lol

They don't matter which is why I began my post with "O/T sorta". I wasn't sure that's what I was seeing as I haven't seen anyone wear knee-high white boots since I don't know when. Your brain is just fine - no update needed ;)

I’m not seeing the murderer going to the police station equaling turning herself in. To turn herself in she would have needed to tell them what she’d done. Whatever she told the police it wasn’t that she murdered a sweet little girl.

I’m not seeing the murderer going to the police station equaling turning herself in. To turn herself in she would have needed to tell them what she’d done. Whatever she told the police it wasn’t that she murdered a sweet little girl.
She did though.

After the grim discovery, investigators began searching for Landon, who was still missing, Lopinto said. Around 2 p.m. Authorities learned Landon was a patient at a hospital, according to the Sheriff's Office.

She was taken in for an evaluation after going to the Harahan Police Department some time after midnight, early Wednesday morning, the Sheriff's Office said.

They don't matter which is why I began my post with "O/T sorta". I wasn't sure that's what I was seeing as I haven't seen anyone wear knee-high white boots since I don't know when. Your brain is just fine - no update needed ;)
My eyes went right to her boots. First thing I thought of was Nancy Sinatra and boots are made for walking.

She did though.

After the grim discovery, investigators began searching for Landon, who was still missing, Lopinto said. Around 2 p.m. Authorities learned Landon was a patient at a hospital, according to the Sheriff's Office.

She was taken in for an evaluation after going to the Harahan Police Department some time after midnight, early Wednesday morning, the Sheriff's Office said.
I realize she went to the police dept. What I’m saying is I don’t think she told them she murdered a child, stuffed her in a bucket, and left her at mom’s door. I don’t believe she turned herself in for the crime she committed. I would assume if she had done that police would have found the body right away, and she would have been arrested then.

27TH APRIL

CORONER

It makes me sick on a bunch of levels reading these reporters digging for gruesome details in hopes of salacious reporting. This perp is a child murderer and she's going to go down hard for it, we can already trust in that.

What I want examined is where the system broke down or was worked and how that allowed this to happen. This family was already on the radar because of mom vs step-mom violence. I would like to know the motives in that earlier case and see how it was entered into the childrens' services case plan. I think the public deserves to see info like this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back