LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's interesting that some of the wording of the note is different here. I tried to find the continued article, but I couldn't, even though I have a subscription to this newspaper site.

I have noticed that too about the suicide note..different versions!
Isn't that so strange? The wording used is totally different that what we've been going on!
...."Never attending to primary needs" what does that mean?
And he confirms that he never saw a psychiatrist because it was cooperative and voluntary but hints that maybe his parents had tried to get him to see one?

I was also interested that "...it was intended to bring about death by hanging but ended up strangulation". Please excuse my lack of knowledge but I wasn't aware there was a difference? Does this mean that he suffered more at the end? That despite all of his planning it didn't go to plan?

Did either of you manage to get page 10 where the article is continued? I managed to ge the text but it was unrelated, I thinknit may have been uploaded incorrectly?

I never did get to page ten of the newspaper. Usually that site has newspapers uploaded just fine.
As with everything in this case things just seem to disappear! You ever get the feeling the universe is messing with you haha
I was just thinking about what Mrs Wallace had said "reading that note it was like Charlie was talking to us" (or similar). Do you think that was her way of saying it was him?

It might have been. I think "not attending to primary needs", could mean getting into drugs like how Charles Wallace left his job and didn't fulfill his early potential. Living "a secondary existence" could mean getting into a life of drugs, lost potential, half way houses, etc. That would be what many people would regard as a secondary existence, or someone living one. The note continues to say to say that his brain was always at cross purposes with his real development.

I think that could mean his brain led him into a life of drugs and missed opportunities so he could not continue to pursue his real development of continuing to be successful in school or staying at and doing well in his job. The note was probably written by someone else, but some of it might fit with Charles Wallace's story, although the note sounds more like it was written by someone who was never successful or pursued things that most people would regard as successful/or that were fulfilling to him, perhaps. The other thread is very long so it's hard to check if that article has been posted before?

It might have been. I think "not attending to primary needs", could mean getting into drugs like how Charles Wallace left his job and didn't fulfill his early potential. Living "a secondary existence" could mean getting into a life of drugs, lost potential, half way houses, etc. That would be what many people would regard as a secondary existence, or someone living one. The note continues to say to say that his brain was always at cross purposes with his real development.

I think that could mean his brain led him into a life of drugs and missed opportunities so he could not continue to pursue his real development of continuing to be successful in school or staying at and doing well in his job. The note was probably written by someone else, but some of it might fit with Charles Wallace's story, although the note sounds more like it was written by someone who was never successful or pursued things that most people would regard as successful/or that were fulfilling to him, perhaps. The other thread is very long so it's hard to check if that article has been posted before?
I'm sure it probably has but it's always good to see things again with fresh eyes.

The more and more I think about it I feel 98% that this is Charles Wallace.
  • Matching scar on inside of mouth
  • Something unique with his feet that matched
  • Shoes possibly discarded as they would ID him due to unique feet
  • Matching dentals
  • CW had attempted suicide before
  • CW had been in a halfway house for drug rehabilitation
  • CW had been used to public speaking and therefore possibly writing speeches worded such as the letter
  • Apparently CW had been in the area previously and may have known it
  • CW's mother said the note was like "hearing Charlie talk"
  • The Wallace's neighbours recognised this as CW
  • Mrs Wallace spent a long time trying to find reasons why this was not her son, settling on a few minor details despite the overwhelming evidence that it was.
  • Apparently the Wallaces stopped looking for their son after this
I Think I might personally go forward with the assumption it's CW and see what I can do and who I can reach out to?

I'm sure it probably has but it's always good to see things again with fresh eyes.

The more and more I think about it I feel 98% that this is Charles Wallace.
  • Matching scar on inside of mouth
  • Something unique with his feet that matched
  • Shoes possibly discarded as they would ID him due to unique feet
  • Matching dentals
  • CW had attempted suicide before
  • CW had been in a halfway house for drug rehabilitation
  • CW had been used to public speaking and therefore possibly writing speeches worded such as the letter
  • Apparently CW had been in the area previously and may have known it
  • CW's mother said the note was like "hearing Charlie talk"
  • The Wallace's neighbours recognised this as CW
  • Mrs Wallace spent a long time trying to find reasons why this was not her son, settling on a few minor details despite the overwhelming evidence that it was.
  • Apparently the Wallaces stopped looking for their son after this
I Think I might personally go forward with the assumption it's CW and see what I can do and who I can reach out to?

The problem is that we have too little information on the alleged disappearance of Charles Wallace, is he still missing? Because if he's still missing then he's not on any database? If he was found alive, consequently he cannot be the UID, or did he disappear but never reported? It is fundamental for me to start from this.

The problem is that we have too little information on the alleged disappearance of Charles Wallace, is he still missing? Because if he's still missing then he's not on any database? If he was found alive, consequently he cannot be the UID, or did he disappear but never reported? It is fundamental for me to start from this.
I know, you're right. I seem to think in thread 1 it had been established that he was innfact still missing bit I'd need to go back and double check. Maybe it was from his father's obituary....rings a bell.
If he is still missing then it speaks volumes to me that he isn't listed anywhere as missing, almost like his case was "solved" after viewing his body.

Attached is Charles Wallace's father's obituary. This woukd have been written by Mrs Wallace presumably. She lists their son, Charles, as dead.
So...either we find CW'S grave, obituary, death notice, declaration of him being declared dead in absentia.......or he's still "missing" a far as I see it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240225_120444_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240225_120444_Chrome~2.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 25
Attached is Charles Wallace's father's obituary. This woukd have been written by Mrs Wallace presumably. She lists their son, Charles, as dead.
So...either we find CW'S grave, obituary, death notice, declaration of him being declared dead in absentia.......or he's still "missing" a far as I see it.
Look further down and there is another mention of a Charles Wallace. Seems to have been a popular name.

And I believe this is CW'S mother, however this is not the same woman listed in Mr Wallaces obituary as his wife so it seems Mr and Mrs Wallace divorced. That makes sense since Mr Wallace has step children listed.

Both parents have now passed, but possibly his brothers William and Thomas are surviving. I'd love to talk to them!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240225_121359_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240225_121359_Chrome~2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 14
LSU faces is listed as the lab for this case on NamUs
I don't really know why, I think it's just because they had a look at the reconstruction and confirmed the approximate age. But they might be the people to start with to get the ball rolling? <modsnip - it's a violation of TOS to insert yourself into a case>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyfullyU
Back