LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I saw the thread for Cousins.

Has anyone started something to keep the info about Wallace together because it doesn’t seem like he has a missing person report unless it’s hidden.

I wonder if Charlie was ever reported missing? It seems from the article that he hadn't been missing long when his other went to identify the body in Belle Chasse.
Then there doesn't seen to be anything after that, which as @Ciriii57 mentioned, and I agree, seems to be a strong indicator that Mrs Wallace knew that this was her son.
Why would you stop, or rather not really start, looking for your missing and seemingly quite troubled son?. Eventually yes, you would have to let him go and just hope he left and is living his life happily somewhere, but know really that he was gone and you won't get him back, but not after he had been gone less than a month and you had travelled to another State to view a body.

I honestly believe this was Charlie, and I think she knew it. The article says that she said no almost straight away, yet she stayed in the room just looking at him for a while, and she checked him after she said no. I think she was trying to convince herself it wasn't her son, but she knew it was.

JMO

We can't create a thread without making sure it's gone; from what I know in Websleuths, in theory we really can't create it if it's not on Namus, Doe Network or some institutional law enforcement site.
Correct.
Who woukd have been the case holders for Wallace? Lexington where his parents lived or Memphis where the half wa house was? Otherwise I'm thinking a family member needs to be asked.

I wonder if Charlie was ever reported missing? It seems from the article that he hadn't been missing long when his other went to identify the body in Belle Chasse.
Then there doesn't seen to be anything after that, which as @Ciriii57 mentioned, and I agree, seems to be a strong indicator that Mrs Wallace knew that this was her son.
Why would you stop, or rather not really start, looking for your missing and seemingly quite troubled son?. Eventually yes, you would have to let him go and just hope he left and is living his life happily somewhere, but know really that he was gone and you won't get him back, but not after he had been gone less than a month and you had travelled to another State to view a body.

I honestly believe this was Charlie, and I think she knew it. The article says that she said no almost straight away, yet she stayed in the room just looking at him for a while, and she checked him after she said no. I think she was trying to convince herself it wasn't her son, but she knew it was.

JMO
This is my feeling entirely. I can sympathise with her alot.

I don't think she ever reported him missing. I think Mr Wallace wouldn't allow Charles to return home from the halfway house and that was the catalyst for him to end his life. I think she had been notified by them that he had left and she never reported him missing for whatever reason. She goes to Louisiana (remember she wouldnt let Mr Wallace go with her), sees that it's her troubled son, decides to abide by his final wishes and takes so long because she's saying goodbye. No report was ever filed, it just sort of ends with no conclusion, but probably she did tel her family hence why there was seemingly no search for him.
Jmo as well.

JMO

This is what I don't understand...if you recognized your son, why not say so? I understand that there are particular mental mechanisms in those situations, but in this way you simply complicate the work of the police, without accusing anyone.

If "well to do," maybe it was maintaining an image...they felt embarrassed or ashamed. Religious reasons? But then, on the other hand, Mrs. Wallace mentioned Charlie attempted suicide several times before and if it was Charlie, they were prepared to bring the body back.
So it contradicts not admitting its him..

This is what I don't understand...if you recognized your son, why not say so? I understand that there are particular mental mechanisms in those situations, but in this way you simply complicate the work of the police, without accusing anyone.
She could have mentioned it to them and just asked that they bury him as a John Doe. The cemetery near my childhood home would do it.

I don't know how to answer this, except to ask, what would you do for children? In life and in death, what would you do for them? Would you keep keep their secrets? Would you honour their last wish to not cause pain, especially to a father who may blame himself for being too harsh in the moment where his son needed him to be soft? Would you let them have that peace in death that you couldn't help them find in life?.

I don't know what I would do, but I think it would be what my heart told me was right in the moment.

As for the police, there was no crime to investigate, no bad guys to catch, I don't think their inconvenience would factor into my decision in that moment, but again I couldn't say for sure.

I don't know how to answer this, except to ask, what would you do for children? In life and in death, what would you do for them? Would you keep keep their secrets? Would you honour their last wish to not cause pain, especially to a father who may blame himself for being too harsh in the moment where his son needed him to be soft? Would you let them have that peace in death that you couldn't help them find in life?.

I don't know what I would do, but I think it would be what my heart told me was right in the moment.

As for the police, there was no crime to investigate, no bad guys to catch, I don't think their inconvenience would factor into my decision in that moment, but again I couldn't say for sure.
I'm just saying that it would be appropriate to contact Charles Wallace's brothers or sisters and deny or confirm that this UID is their brother, today with the internet you can do everything, even remotely, with an e-mail, at least it's an attempt , I wouldn't know where to start, I'm not American and I don't live in the USA, it's just a suggestion.

I hope it is possible that this case will be solved one day and that his body can be exhumed for dna testing and use of genetic genealogy as I feel that’s the only way it’s getting solved at this point. Maybe othram will be able to help in getting him identified if his body is located.

Last edited:
I know this might be unpopular to say but I feel like until something significant happens in regards to this case or until new evidence is found I feel like this thread deserves a bit of a break in discussion. At the moment all of our theories are just speculation without the body being found or exhumed.

It's OK to unfollow the discussion if you feel you need a break from it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mili
Back