LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know mental illness has been bought up, along with autism. I didn’t see IED being mentioned. Intermittent explosive disorder has been around for a while under the name passive aggressive personality type (aggressive) at the time of passing. It is a disorder where someone displays fits of rage and/or violence that is disproportionate to the situation. Two of my brothers have it, I have it, and my dad had it as well.

Reasons why I think he may have it:
1. In his note he says he is “a bomb of frustration.” My brothers and I, along with others, jokingly call ourselves bombs because anything could set us off. It is frustrating.
2. The line about domestic peace. I know that police were called to my dad’s place many many times because of either him or one of my brothers. While police were never called on me with my grandparents, I definitely wasn’t peaceful. Could he had been violent at home and accidentally hurt someone, or maybe his fits just disrupted the house?

If he was well read in psychology and sociology, this could also explain why he says he doesn’t want to get married or have kids. IED could be genetic. It could explain the line about shatter later in violence or linger in care. I live in a somewhat constant fear that a fit with end with me accidentally killing someone. One of my brothers stabbed a sister in a rage, and our oldest brother now has permanent conservatorship over him. I thought, and occasionally, still have thoughts of suicide, of defusing myself before I hurt someone.

IED makes it hard to make and keep friends. They don’t always understand that the fits someone with IED have are out of their control. I can’t count the number of friends that I have lost, enough that I don’t try anymore. Maybe he had similar experiences.

Again, just my personal opinion as someone currently living with IED.

Thanks, I meant the specifics. I don't know if anyone has looked into his background and life etc.
I don't really see it with this guy, I see the facial similarities but he seems a bit too tall.
Charles Wallace is a strange one, I assume he is still an active missing person...unless he's not? Mrs Wallace maybe responsible?

I know mental illness has been bought up, along with autism. I didn’t see IED being mentioned. Intermittent explosive disorder has been around for a while under the name passive aggressive personality type (aggressive) at the time of passing. It is a disorder where someone displays fits of rage and/or violence that is disproportionate to the situation. Two of my brothers have it, I have it, and my dad had it as well.

Reasons why I think he may have it:
1. In his note he says he is “a bomb of frustration.” My brothers and I, along with others, jokingly call ourselves bombs because anything could set us off. It is frustrating.
2. The line about domestic peace. I know that police were called to my dad’s place many many times because of either him or one of my brothers. While police were never called on me with my grandparents, I definitely wasn’t peaceful. Could he had been violent at home and accidentally hurt someone, or maybe his fits just disrupted the house?

If he was well read in psychology and sociology, this could also explain why he says he doesn’t want to get married or have kids. IED could be genetic. It could explain the line about shatter later in violence or linger in care. I live in a somewhat constant fear that a fit with end with me accidentally killing someone. One of my brothers stabbed a sister in a rage, and our oldest brother now has permanent conservatorship over him. I thought, and occasionally, still have thoughts of suicide, of defusing myself before I hurt someone.

IED makes it hard to make and keep friends. They don’t always understand that the fits someone with IED have are out of their control. I can’t count the number of friends that I have lost, enough that I don’t try anymore. Maybe he had similar experiences.

Again, just my personal opinion as someone currently living with IED.
Thank you for sharing this here it's really appreciated.

What you have just described really does sound very plausible from what his note described about him.

A couple of questions if you don't mind? Back in 1975 would this have been known as Passive Aggressive personality disorder? Would this have been something you'd have seen a psychiatrist for or would a psychiatrist be able to diagnose this from personality descriptions (as he asked his parents to do?).
I often thought he sounded like he was worried about something he may do in the future, this woukd certainly fit.

Thank you for sharing this here it's really appreciated.

What you have just described really does sound very plausible from what his note described about him.

A couple of questions if you don't mind? Back in 1975 would this have been known as Passive Aggressive personality disorder? Would this have been something you'd have seen a psychiatrist for or would a psychiatrist be able to diagnose this from personality descriptions (as he asked his parents to do?).
I often thought he sounded like he was worried about something he may do in the future, this woukd certainly fit.
In 1975 that is what it would have been called. It became known as intermittent explosive disorder with DDM-III, published in 1980. I would believe that yes someone would/could have been seeing a psychiatrist about this or been able to diagnose this from descriptions. The criteria then to be diagnosed was probably less than it is now, but without talking to a practicing psychiatrist from that time, I wouldn’t be 100% certain on it.

Oh thought...FACES Lab had some involvement in this case early on, confirming the age. Should they also be contacted with the possibility of getting DNA?
snipped by me

Yes. They're listed as the primary investigative agency on Namus, along with the Plaquemines Parish Sheriff's office.

Still an excellent idea, and although it may not work it may work for someone else. There is no active case for Bayard, i dont know about Charles, if I were you I would get both on board if I could.

You are correct about Othram because it's familial DNA. I wish faces could help but we only have a hand drawn of Bayard and I did go through yearbooks for a better photo, but I could not find him. I looked at private schools in Virginia Beach, however I did not cover all of them.

I truly believe he must have gone to school there. I found a Cousins working at the Naval Air Force base close to Belle Chasse, he attended some event.

I theorized that this could possibly be family. Which fits the puzzle as to how he would know the local area. This leaves a smaller gap from when he dissappears to the time he's found, working this theory he goes from Virginia Beach to Belle Chasse and possibly rents a room at a motel ( I beg forgiveness, I'm probably wrong, my best recollection is The Red Roof Inn) which was about 2 miles away, and it's from there that he gets the sheet, or so goes the hypothesis.

From there it falls apart because we have no photo and no Cousins by any name came to Mothe to identify him.

I didn't make the evidence fit the theory, that's where I was led, if this is Bayard.
My alternatives are Charlie and Perry the same as you. Thank you Ciriii57.

Last edited:
Still an excellent idea, and although it may not work it may work for someone else. There is no active case for Bayard, i dont know about Charles, if I were you I would get both on board if I could.

You are correct about Othram because it's familial DNA. I wish faces could help but we only have a hand drawn of Bayard and I did go through yearbooks for a better photo, but I could not find him. I looked at private schools in Virginia Beach, however I did not cover all of them.

I truly believe he must have gone to school there. I found a Cousins working at the Naval Air Force base close to Belle Chasse, he attended some event.

I theorized that this could possibly be family. Which fits the puzzle as to how he would know the local area. This leaves a smaller gap from when he dissappears to the time he's found, working this theory he goes from Virginia Beach to Belle Chasse and possibly rents a room at a motel ( I beg forgiveness, I'm probably wrong, my best recollection is The Red Roof Inn) which was about 2 miles away, and it's from there that he gets the sheet, or so goes the hypothesis.

From there it falls apart because we have no photo and no Cousins by any name came to Mothe to identify him.

I didn't make the evidence fit the theory, that's where I was led, if this is Bayard.
My alternatives are Charlie and Perry the same as you. Thank you Ciriii57.
Thank you very much for some of Bayard's back story. So we have Bayard Cousins who may have known the local area due to a family connection with he Air force base in Belle Chasse. And we have Charles Wallace who we now learn had spent time in New Orleans with his parents in earlier years. At least we have explanations for the knowledge of the area in both these cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome
Back