LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75 #2

I don't know guys, the place where it was found is too isolated to have stumbled upon it by chance...this is my personal feeling; this boy must have known those places, he must have known where to go so as not to be seen...how did he get there right at that point? Maybe he arrived in some city and went on foot???
This has been my personal opinion. The area isn’t a very popular or large area, seems like something a local to the area would know about. He could have be familiar to the area, maybe someone who visited frequently but not enough for locals to remember him. He could have also been pointed in this direction.

This has been my personal opinion. The area isn’t a very popular or large area, seems like something a local to the area would know about. He could have be familiar to the area, maybe someone who visited frequently but not enough for locals to remember him. He could have also been pointed in this direction.
He also could've been a hitchhiker and the driver could've stopped in the area, or he decided to get off around the area where he ended up being found.

He also could've been a hitchhiker and the driver could've stopped in the area, or he decided to get off around the area where he ended up being found.
Could have, but seems unlikely IMO. It seems like a very rural area that leads to more rural areas, but I may plan a trip over there and drive the area. I think the area only has a military base that would be of interest to anyone.

The sketch and the information tell us that this guy is Caucasian, but I'm trying to see if I can find any compatible Hispanic profiles...Is this perhaps another way forward...?

Missing Person/NamUs #MP4569
John Colonna Aponte, Male, Multiple
Date of Last Contact: May 5, 1974
Missing From: Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico
Missing Age: 12 Years

1719347622417.png1719350357915.png

Last edited:
The sketch and the information tell us that this guy is Caucasian, but I'm trying to see if I can find any compatible Hispanic profiles...Is this perhaps another way forward...?

Missing Person/NamUs #MP4569
John Colonna Aponte, Male, Multiple
Date of Last Contact: May 5, 1974
Missing From: Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico
Missing Age: 12 Years

View attachment 513181View attachment 513182
Hi Romulus, i think something went wrong in your post. The picture of the sister appeared in your post, not of the picture of John…

Hi Romulus
I think his skin tone is too light for Hispanic, i keep circling back to the coroner and the funeral home, if he was of Hispanic descent it would have been noted there.

I think we have the right candidates in our top two or three. I still can't get into my Namus account, I've locked myself out because I failed to remember my favorite food. So I cannot put forward exclusions on the list.

I checked Bayard Cousins investigator, it's a woman called Kirsty or Kristy I think, the contact detail page has been moved so I don't know how to get hold of her now to forward PJD's page on Namus to her along with this thread.

I'm also waiting to hear back from a YouTube channel that does John and Jane Does as to if she is interested in adding PJD to one of her videos. Hold thumbs. God Bless all.

Hi Romulus
I think his skin tone is too light for Hispanic, i keep circling back to the coroner and the funeral home, if he was of Hispanic descent it would have been noted there.

I think we have the right candidates in our top two or three. I still can't get into my Namus account, I've locked myself out because I failed to remember my favorite food. So I cannot put forward exclusions on the list.

I checked Bayard Cousins investigator, it's a woman called Kirsty or Kristy I think, the contact detail page has been moved so I don't know how to get hold of her now to forward PJD's page on Namus to her along with this thread.

I'm also waiting to hear back from a YouTube channel that does John and Jane Does as to if she is interested in adding PJD to one of her videos. Hold thumbs. God Bless all.
Depending on the form used, Hispanic/Latino isn’t an option to choose instead of Caucasian. You would choose the “race” and then check yes or no for Hispanic/Latino as well. Especially when records were paper, it would be easy to skip over. So imo I wouldn’t count that out as a possibility.

Received a reply back from FACES. There are factors as to why DNA testing has not been performed.
Records were lost during Hurricane Katrina and the Cemetery is known but there is not a marked burial plot. They are working with agencies for resolution and hope that one day, DNA testing can done.
I would think the funeral home would give the plot number to faces to do dna

I'm pretty sure they did lose track of where the Doe's body was (due to it being in an unmarked grave) though.

Source? I haven’t come across that info before.

The funeral home (Mothe) that buried him is still in business, owned by the same family, and owns the cemetery in question. As of last year at least, the funeral home was still headed by the son of the man who buried BCJD. The son was in his early-mid twenties at the time.

Cemeteries also keep plot maps. Now, sure, that can get lost, but I haven’t seen anything that says that happened here.

Source? I haven’t come across that info before.

The funeral home (Mothe) that buried him is still in business, owned by the same family, and owns the cemetery in question. As of last year at least, the funeral home was still headed by the son of the man who buried BCJD. The son was in his early-mid twenties at the time.

Cemeteries also keep plot maps. Now, sure, that can get lost, but I haven’t seen anything that says that happened here.
It was mentioned quite a few times on the first thread.

LA - LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75 (Message 164)

LA - LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75 (Message 206)

LA - LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75 (Message 258)

LA - LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75 (Message 326)

The area is also home to a military base
This is the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, right? I always thought the base might be a clue.

He must’ve been familiar with the area, but he couldn’t have lived there recently or he would’ve been recognized. Maybe our young writer lived there for a few years as a child and had a sentimental attachment to the place.

I believe Bayard Cousins’s father was a naval aviator. If I recall, the possibility of him being stationed at this base had been discussed earlier in one of these threads.

(Interestingly, think Charlie Wallace’s father might’ve also been a pilot — but in the Air Force, not the Navy.)

Post in thread 'LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75' LA - LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75

I am Baudelaire, this is the second time I have to reinform posters of the facts because of obfuscating. Please, do not post guesses, there are 60 pages with facts, please read.

The place of burial is known and details will be made known to authorizes only.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
websleuther1957
Back