LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It’s entirely possible that he was never reported missing by family too. Again hundreds of families, lots of kids went missing around that time, many aren’t reported missing, records lost, etc. Genetic genealogy would likely solve this one, if the body could be found. Or if the location of the body is given up to close the case.

Cousins and Wallace are EXCELLENT potential matches, I’m personally onboard with Cousins.
But one of their mothers went to see Doe’s body and didn’t identify him as her son, and maybe that’s a good indication to look elsewhere but keep them both in mind as matches.
Undoubtedly, this young man was intelligent, cared about his family enough to say goodbye. If he was 16-17 that’s a child committing suicide. That’s enough for LE to investigate - right??

However, I agree with everyone on here that he must have been college age, based on the writing.
I’m looking through census records to see if anyone from that time period had a son with a dob on Feb 14 around the area. Family search has been awesome they have lots of records from Belle Chasse specifically.
We’re all trying to accomplish the same thing, no point in having a forum for discussion if nothing can be offered up

Yes, Belle Chasse as well; I was just writing a simplified answer.

I’m simply suggesting you review what’s already been done by many Websleuthers over the years.

I’m not optimistic because even if you (or anyone) comes up with really compelling missing person (and people have; see: Bayard Cousins and Charles Wallace) there’s ultimately no way to prove his identity. Cousins and Wallace are still missing, and we don’t have their DNA (although I think Cousins may have a living sibling?).

So even if the coroner/LE could be convinced to dig up BCJD’s grave, there’s no DNA to compare him to, unless they decided to do genetic genealogy on him, which is unlikely due to his status as a suicide rather than homicide victim. (Not to say it couldn’t happen, just that it’s extremely unlikely.)

Obviously, I still follow this case so I must not consider it a completely lost cause, but at the same time I’m not holding my breath.
Lyle Stevik committed suicide, was later identified due to a lengthy investigation, DNA and family never reported him missing. Suicides are investigated all the time.

Of course, I noted that. However, for BCJD in particular, there’s just a lot working against his identification - it’ll be 55 years in 2025, loss of records, more current (ie pressing) cases in a notoriously poor state, etc. Just my opinion.

Regardless of that, the reason I’ve encouraged you to look at past research done is because a) fresh eyes are always a good thing, and b) to save you some time so you don’t go down well-travelled trails.

Anyway, it’s starting to ‘feel’ like you’re taking my lack of optimism as somehow personal to you, and it’s not at all. Knock yourself out! I’m sure we’ll all be interested to hear what new things you find! :)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veronica Farnsworth
Back