GUILTY LA - DS, 15, could be with Cory Shane Disotel, 47, Port Barre High School, 28 Mar 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The title of that article makes it sound voluntary on her part. And does his photo look like a mug shot?

bbm
That's exactly what I thought when I saw it. If it's not a mugshot, then he is, IMO, a very wild- and frightening-looking person. <shiver> But I could be wrong. <shiver>

Family members keep saying she was in a relationship with the man. I think there's some dysfunction within this family. IMO
Agreed.
Another <shiver>
If he is a family friend, why are they looking for him? Why did he take her out of school?
I don't like this...

Cory ‘Shane’ Disotell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Cory Shane Disotell, 47, is the man investigators in Louisiana suspect was having a romantic relationship with teenager DS and that he ran away with her. DS has not been seen since March 28.

upload_2019-4-3_3-41-41.jpeg

Police say DS got off the bus at Port Barre High School that morning, walked across the street and got into Disotell’s vehicle.

[...]

Cory Shane Disotell does not appear to have a criminal background. An online search of records does not bring up any prior arrests or charges, including traffic citations.

A search of federal records also does not reveal any past criminal or civil charges.

[...]

Cory Shane Disotell wrote on his Linkedin profile that he has managed his own business called SD’s Tree Service since 2003. He described the services provided as “hazardous tree removal, rope access, limited access trees, trees over houses, etc. Normally a side job service on days off, but full time when things get slow.”

The Lousiana Secretary of State’s website shows that he filed as a Limited Liability Company in April of 2013. But the license was revoked in August of 2016.

[...]

Cory Shane Disotell and his former wife, *modsnip*, filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2005. According to documents filed with the Louisiana Middle Bankruptcy Court, the couple filed as “Individual(s)” (as opposed to a business or partnership) and the nature of the debt was “Consumer/Non-Business.”

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Have the parents made a plea for her safe return? I haven't seen anything. I wonder why the parents didn't turn him in when they discovered what was going on between them. After all he told the parents that he wanted to marry her. She's a child and deserves to be protected from predators.

Have the parents made a plea for her safe return? I haven't seen anything. I wonder why the parents didn't turn him in when they discovered what was going on between them. After all he told the parents that he wanted to marry her. She's a child and deserves to be protected from predators.
I also read that he did, and they still allowed her to “babysit” non-existent grandchildren. This is what I was saying in my post earlier that the parents let her go over to his home still. After saying he wants to marry your child? A grown man? MOO.

EBM

“About three weeks ago, the parents went to police after a neighbor's surveillance camera captured a man climbing over the DS's back fence and going to DS's bedroom window, Cradeur said.

The police were investigating when the two disappeared last week, Cradeur said.”

Missing Louisiana Girl Believed to Be on the Run With 47-Year-Old Man

I haven't seen anything directly from the parents either, only the sister.

Your last sentence can't be said enough!!

Good question...
Not likely - one of the criteria to issue an Amber Alert is for the missing minor to be in danger of serious bodily injury or death which you see most often in stranger abductions and on some rarer occasions in a custody or marital dispute. If she was in a romantic relationship (in their minds) to the point this man wanted to marry her, she would not have been deemed in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death when she went missing, therefore, her disappearance did not meat DOJ Amber Alert Guidelines.
"Risk of Serious Bodily Injury or Death
Plans require a child be at risk for serious bodily harm or death before an alert can be issued. This element is clearly related to law enforcement’s recognition that stranger abductions represent the greatest danger to children. The need for timely, accurate information based on strict and clearly understood criteria is critical, again keeping in mind the “best judgment” approach." AMBER Alert - Guidelines

I haven't seen anything directly from the parents either, only the sister.

Your last sentence can't be said enough!!
SABBM

Yes, afaik; only the sister has voiced her concerns. Unsettling.
And with a vehicle description and considering who this teen is with... I'd think an amber alert could be allowed.
She could be in danger, not sure anyone here is going to argue that .
Where are they ?

Did they? Where is that written?

I'm looking for past articles.... so far can only find what DS's sister has stated.
Will post here if I find anything that the parents said.
There just doesn't seem to be enough urgency; imo.
Odd.

Did they? Where is that written?

I think it is the way the article was written, it seems to jump back and forth a bit time wise.

[...]
"The girl's family learned months ago that she and Disotell had a secret relationship, Cradeur said. The man had hired DS to babysit his granddaughter on weekends, she said. But the family learned he had no grandchildren.

Disotell gave the girl money to make it look like he was paying her to babysit, her sister said.

He told the girl's parents about six months ago he wanted to marry the teen, her sister said. "Everyone was pretty much hysterical," she said. The parents told him to never come back to their house and ordered their daughter to stay away from him, Cradeur said.

But they continued seeing each other, the sister said. About three weeks ago, the parents went to police after a neighbor's surveillance camera captured a man climbing over the DS's back fence and going to DS's bedroom window, Cradeur said."
[...]

IMO
• over 6 months ago she had been "babysitting"
• 6 months ago her parents found out. He said he wanted to marry her. And her parents told him to stay away and never come to their house.
• 3 weeks ago he was caught on camera sneaking into their house. They finally went to LE.

Speculating --------->
So I think the babysitting was NOT happening after the parents found out. They 'tried' to shut down the 'relationship' (<-- eye roll)

Since the sister seems to know that "they continued seeing each other", what @SAMS said about the parents knowing could very well still be true .. minus the actual fake babysitting. Unless, the sister didn't know but just made that statement in hindsight.

It's all a mess, this creep should have been reported 6 months ago.
<---- speculating

what @SAMS said about the parents knowing could very well still be true .. minus the actual fake babysitting. Unless, the sister didn't know but just made that statement in hindsight.

It's all a mess, this creep should have been reported 6 months ago.
<---speculating[/QUOTE]

Snipped for focus

Thank you @Lynetta ...I went back and couldn’t find the link I was referring to and now think it was just a timeline mess and some of SM mixed in from the sisters comments. My bad. I still feel like IMO a little too late on someone’s behalf.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back