LA LA - Jacquelyn 'Daisy' Landry, 18, Lafayette, 23 May 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know, Teche. I'm from Lafayette. I'm just curious as to why they were looking in Oberlin? I wonder what made them think to look way over there. I think she's close by. So many hiding places around here.

There were searches on Feb 19th:
SCOTT — A search crew gathered in Scott Sunday morning to search the area around Landry Road for missing teen Daisy Lynn Landry.

Acadian Search and Rescue was out looking for anything that may move things forward in her case.

Landry was reported missing May 25, 2017. In August, Malik Davis was indicted on one count of second-degree murder in her disappearance.

Davis has pleaded not guilty.
Jeffrey Istre, Acadian Search and Rescue director, said, "We received some tips and information and we're just following up on it. If we don't find her, we're trying to eliminate this as a possibility."
https://www.theadvertiser.com/story...mes-missing-teen-daisy-lynn-landry/350726002/

From the article:
A grand jury last week handed up a second-degree murder indictment against Jermaine Jones, 23, in the death of 21-year-old Lance Champagne. Police arrested Jones on Tuesday in Lafayette.

Champagne, of Lafayette, died from an accidental poly-drug overdose on May 4, according to his death certificate.
The document does not specify which substances were involved. An affidavit for Jones' arrest shows he was also booked Tuesday on a warrant for heroin distribution.

Jones and Landry were in a relationship shortly before her May 23 disappearance. He is not a suspect in her disappearance.

The man accused of killing Daisy Lynn Landry, Malik Davis, is expected to stand trial in May 13, 2019.

Davis is facing a 2nd degree murder charge in connection to Landry’s disappearance in May 2017 that sparked mass searches but her body has yet to be found.

https://kadn.com/lafayette-man-accused-of-killing-daisy-lynn-landry-to-stand-trial-in-may-2019/

The suspect saw his trial delayed several times in 2018 and that lead him to write a letter to the clerk of court’s office this summer complaining about his lawyer which can be read below.

Davis-Letter-2.jpg

https://kadn.com/malik-davis-indicted-in-connection-with-murder-of-jacquelyn-landry/

A Lafayette grand Jury handed down several indictments today. Malik Davis, suspected murderer of Jacquelyn”Daisy Lynn” Landry was indicted for second degree murder. He was also indicted for obstruction of justice for allegedly tampering with evidence to cover up this crime. Daisy Lynn was last seen on Tuesday, May 23, 2017. Her body still has not been located.

Additional arrests made in Daisy Lynn Landry homicide investigation

Additional arrests have been made in reference to the Daisy Lynn Landry homicide investigation.

On Wednesday July 31, 2019, detectives with the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Division arrested Matthew Perez, 26, and Devan Dufour , 26. They have been charged with obstruction of justice, according to Valerie Ponseti, Public Affairs, Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office.

I'm really hoping someone talked. Hopefully there will be closure to this soon!
Additional arrests made in Daisy Lynn Landry homicide investigation

Additional arrests have been made in reference to the Daisy Lynn Landry homicide investigation.

On Wednesday July 31, 2019, detectives with the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Division arrested Matthew Perez, 26, and Devan Dufour , 26. They have been charged with obstruction of justice, according to Valerie Ponseti, Public Affairs, Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office.

Malik Davis pleads guilty in "Daisy Lynn" Landry case

Malik Davis, the primary suspect accused in the death of Jacquelynn "Daisy Lynn" Landry has plead guilty.

According to the 15th JDC, Davis pleaded guilty to one count of Obstruction of Justice in connection with the case.
Malik Davis, the primary suspect accused in the death of Jacquelynn "Daisy Lynn" Landry, has plead guilty to one count of obstruction of justice in connection with her homicide, according to the 15th Judicial District Attorney Keith Stutes.
On Thursday, Judge Patrick Michot sentenced Davis to 10 years hard labor with the Department of Corrections. As a result of this plea, additional individuals, Devan Dufour and Matthew Perez were also arrested for their involvement. The two were arrested on obstruction of justice charges on Wednesday by the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office.
In a news release announcing the plea, Stutes stated that Landry's family was consulted on this plea agreement.

KATC Investigates confirmed with the DA's office that the second degree murder charge against Davis has been dismissed, and has obtained a copy of the factual basis for the plea deal that was entered into the court record today.

So my understanding is that he plead guilty to Obstruction of Justice and was sentenced to ten years hard labor with the DOC, he turned in two other people who were also involved with the cover up (who have now been charged), revealed the facts surrounding her death (allegedly) and where the body was placed (allegedly, since she has not been found) and as a result of the plea, the murder charge was dismissed against him.

I am curious whether it was dismissed with or without prejudice. I wonder if her body shows the story he told to be perjury if he could be charged with her murder in the future or not.

So my understanding is that he plead guilty to Obstruction of Justice and was sentenced to ten years hard labor with the DOC, he turned in two other people who were also involved with the cover up (who have now been charged), revealed the facts surrounding her death (allegedly) and where the body was placed (allegedly, since she has not been found) and as a result of the plea, the murder charge was dismissed against him.

I am curious whether it was dismissed with or without prejudice. I wonder if her body shows the story he told to be perjury if he could be charged with her murder in the future or not.

It's a bit odd KLFY removed their story, maybe at the request of Daisy's family? The problem with locating the body is that it has been two years and if the body is indeed in a dump site, it will be relatively hard to locate. I know most landfills/dumpsites have grids in which they place trash in certain areas for different locations. I hate to compare it, but years ago they had found a girl in luggage in a dump site a bit after it was discovered she had been murdered. I am not sure about the alleged story given. When Davis was charged originally with the murder charge, comments I've read on FB matched what allegedly happened.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back