LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. Based on statistics and historical data, it's perfectly reasonable to assume the crime was in some way related to Jaren's employment and people she met there.

This is certainly true.
We also have to remember though, that regardless of profession... women have boyfriends, husbands, baby daddy's, friends, family... plenty of other "closer" suspects too.

Deborah Flores-Narvaez is a good example. Killed, dismembered and put in cement... by an ex-boyfriend.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125295&page=2

Couple of things I want to say, I've been trying not to but cant take it anymore. My daughter was born very ill and we did not have insurance, she was on medicaid but without a diagnosis she was only allowed 14 doctor visits a year and was bumped from medicaid. I had a sick child who needed to go to the doctor spent way to much time in hospitals and needed medication and we had no insurance and no money. I had no choice but to strip and I did for 3 years, I was NOT proud of it but I took care of my child and thats all that matters. So DONT ever say you couldn't or wouldn't do it because given the right circumstances it might be your only choice.

Next thing, I personally do not feel that this was an intimidation thing. IMO it seems the perp was trying to get rid of the body to where it would never be found, it seems to me the dismemberment and the dumping in the gulf the perp thought the body would have been taken care of by the sharks, and honestly I am kinda surprised that it wasn't. I feel that the sole purpose of the dismemberment and the dumping site was to leave no evidence, thinking that she would never be found. I truly do not think that the perp was sending a message or anything else.

I just can't wrap my head around how someone could do this to another person. You would have to be a special kind of evil, imo.

RIP young lady. I hope this monster(s) is caught quick.

What I said has nothing to do with her choices...it has to do with the types of people who frequent those places as customers, that is what I was referring to as far as having to do with her workplace. Nothing about the victim.

Do you know the types of ppl that frequent these places?
Husbands!
Sons!
Husbands and wives!
Bachelor parties are held at these places.

Many women dance in these places because its good money!
It pays the bills!

I just can't wrap my head around how someone could do this to another person. You would have to be a special kind of evil, imo.

RIP young lady. I hope this monster(s) is caught quick.

Remember Jasmine Fiore!

Errr...to put it lightly, NO. It's the most popular neighborhood with tourists, yes.

True. I've had friends robbed there. I'm sure tourists are easy pickens. On the flip side, after a long night at a concert (during Bacchus) my friend accidentally left her car keys on top of her mustang, where they sat for about 8 hours until we tried to leave to go home early in the morning. We thought she had lost them in the venue. Can't believe they were still sitting there, along with her car;) That doesn't really have anything to do with anything...I'm sure it's just that no one noticed. But we were parked right near the quarter, and we still look back on that and can't believe it.

Also had a friend murdered in the Irish Channel:( Shot 5 times while walking his dog. Nov 2008. Very sad.

I personally don't feel the perp was trying to send a message. I really think they meant to conceal Jaren, and that things went awry. I still think she was weighed down in something and came lose. So sad to type:(

Personally I believe its someone close to her they went to great lengths to hide her body!
A stranger wouldnt do that i dont think!
JMO

<respectfully snipped>

Louisiana has always had a unique history and New Orleans has always had a reputation for good times, great food and lovely women. There is a long and quite interesting history of prostitution in New Orleans. Just this week, in our local paper, there was write up about a historical house of ill repute and how it and its former owner were well known. There were many well known madams thru the years who gained money, power and prestige in their profession. They are not looked down on. Many of them were really smart business women with fascinating stories.

The old style "sporting houses" are long gone but there are many clubs here today where young women dance for a living. Some of them are not very nice. I've known some girls who have worked in them. Really sweet girls caught in a rough spot in life and having to support themselves and often others.

The "Last Madame", Norma Wallace. Among many.

A very rich history, indeed.

I agree with your entire post. I've known some dancers. Some were dancing their way through med school. Sounds cliché, I know.

The truth is that a lot of these clubs are patronized by upstanding pillars of the community. There's a reason they're still around.

How can any of us say what we'd do if/when worse came to worst?

Life's too short to worry about anyone else's moral life.

The "Last Madame", Norma Wallace. Among many.

A very rich history, indeed.

I agree with your entire post. I've known some dancers. Some were dancing their way through med school. Sounds cliché, I know.

The truth is that a lot of these clubs are patronized by upstanding pillars of the community. There's a reason they're still around.

How can any of us say what we'd do if/when worse came to worst?

Life's too short to worry about anyone else's moral life.

Norma was the one I was thinking of most. I recently read the book about her. It made for very interesting reading.

New Orleans is a place where there are many creative entertainers. I never would have made it as a dancer because I have 2 left feet and frankly, I am quite shy. However, I did work as a fairy princess while in college.

I can't help but wonder how Katrina affected Jaren's life. Katrina came along and put everyone on a path that they never imagined and changed our worlds forever.

But even as Katrina's winds were subsiding, there were parts of the French Quarter that were among the first to be up and running again.

http://www.wlox.com/story/18733720/female-torso-found-on-beach-in-bay-st-louis?hpt=ju_bn5
Hope they find who this young woman was and who did this to her.

A human torso was found on the beach in Bay St. Louis Thursday evening. Construction crews working on the county's beach replenishment program discovered the remains of an unidentified white female near Bay Oak Drive.

According to Hancock County Sheriff's investigator Glen Grannan, the body has no head, legs or arms. Grannan said the body also has a stab wound in the chest. He told WLOX News that the body appears to be that of an adolescent in her late teens or early twenties.

Authorities are not sure if the limbs were intentionally removed.

Authorities confirmed they don't have any missing females reported in Bay St. Louis at this time but there are reports of missing females in our neighboring states.

Dont believe it as its not the case. Jaren walked out of her place of employment early Wed morning with a group of people. This was caught on a camera as they are all over the place down there. In fact, you can watch Bourbon St. right now if you'd like.... http://www.earthcam.com/usa/louisiana/neworleans/bourbonstreet/

LE feels that not all the people in the group were known. LE has been working hard on this and there are many things that cant be posted that only family and very close friends know. LE has gathered a lot of information. Information that for good reason wont be released to the media. Not even the family is talking.

I SO appreciate the hard work that LE is doing, we want them to be thorough. But PLEASE tell me why they won't release information - what are they afraid of? And why doesn't the public have a right to know who these people are? People are frightened and may be at risk!

And the headline is ... Strip Club Dancer's death... I am sick of so-called MSM's use of titillating descriptors in its reporting. So, if a secretary was murdered, would the headline include what she did as a living? I think not. Sensationalism sells. "If it bleeds, it leads." In our (IMHO) politically correct society it must be acceptable to label other human beings, unless they are part of the "protected classes."

I've seen headlines like "Pastor Murdered", "Real Estate Broker Suicide", "Downtown Business Woman Killed"...what's the difference?

BBM above. I love the French Quarter, BUT it is absolutely NOT the safest place in NOLA.

During Mardi Gras, Tommy Tucker morning show on WWL, said many times that the French Quarter was one of the safest places in NOLA. So this was a lie.

As a life long resident of Louisiana, it saddens me to see so much crime happening and to see innocent young women disappear or be killed. It doesn't matter if they were riding their bike late at night, working as a dancer or just involved with an abusive man- they didn't deserve their fate and it is not their fault. No matter how they ended up in life, they were loved by someone, someone's child and maybe someone's parent.

Louisiana has always had a unique history and New Orleans has always had a reputation for good times, great food and lovely women. There is a long and quite interesting history of prostitution in New Orleans. Just this week, in our local paper, there was write up about a historical house of ill repute and how it and its former owner were well known. There were many well known madams thru the years who gained money, power and prestige in their profession. They are not looked down on. Many of them were really smart business women with fascinating stories.

The old style "sporting houses" are long gone but there are many clubs here today where young women dance for a living. Some of them are not very nice. I've known some girls who have worked in them. Really sweet girls caught in a rough spot in life and having to support themselves and often others.

But how does one get to the point in their lives where they work in some of these places? Some people say it could never happen to them, no way, its sinful, it's wrong, there are other options, etc, etc. But lets say you are a young mom, or simply a single female trying to make it on your own. Sorry but minimum wage isn't going to be enough to live on. Sure you might be able to do it but it won't be easy and you will always struggle. I've known a few girls who have been down that path. Sweet girls who deserved more than they got in life but they kept trying.

So you have a friend who has a nice car or lots of clothes and she works at a club. You get tired of seeing everyone with nice things while you struggle to get the bare necessities. You can work in the club as a waitress, bartender or hostess and keep your clothes on. Your friend is nice and she works there. But then you get there and see that there is more money to be made dancing. It's fast money, cash in hand at night when you go home.

Often in life, situations happen and a financial crisis will occur and money needs to be made fast and dancing is a quick way to do it. I imagine that after the first time you go onstage and get the applause and the money that it might help the esteem (at first) of someone who has had it rough in life.

And so it happens. You get caught up in the life, maybe acquire some habits, and it's hard to break free. It's not like little girls dream of growing up and working as a dancer at a seedy place, but then again, a lot of things happen in life that you don't expect.

I'm not saying Jaren was working doing anything other than dancing, doesn't matter to me even if she was, she was a victim of a horrible crime and there are people grieving for her this minute and they will continue to grieve forever. She was a beautiful woman and has a child who will grow up without her. This is such a tragedy.

Stop trying to justify this to me - yes, I believe your comments are directed at me. You will not change my mind, I don't care about NOLA's history, and I refuse to argue about it here. We can all agree that this was a tragedy that did not have to happen. Enough said already.

Couple of things I want to say, I've been trying not to but cant take it anymore. My daughter was born very ill and we did not have insurance, she was on medicaid but without a diagnosis she was only allowed 14 doctor visits a year and was bumped from medicaid. I had a sick child who needed to go to the doctor spent way to much time in hospitals and needed medication and we had no insurance and no money. I had no choice but to strip and I did for 3 years, I was NOT proud of it but I took care of my child and thats all that matters. So DONT ever say you couldn't or wouldn't do it because given the right circumstances it might be your only choice.

Next thing, I personally do not feel that this was an intimidation thing. IMO it seems the perp was trying to get rid of the body to where it would never be found, it seems to me the dismemberment and the dumping in the gulf the perp thought the body would have been taken care of by the sharks, and honestly I am kinda surprised that it wasn't. I feel that the sole purpose of the dismemberment and the dumping site was to leave no evidence, thinking that she would never be found. I truly do not think that the perp was sending a message or anything else.

Had I not been so shy :blushing: and insecure when I was younger I may have danced also.

I look back when I was young and can reflect on how naive and trusting I was, compared to how I am now with age and life experiences. I see it in my daughter and her friends also. It's a healthy innocence that no one should be robbed of.

I would think that the owners of strip clubs and their employees would take extra safety precautions for the girls, knowing that they are working in a higher risk occupation. Even if precautions are taken, bad things can still happen. She may have left with people or a person that she thought she knew she was safe with and she could trust. It's the wolf in sheep's clothing that can fool anyone. Everybody knows to stay away from the creepy looking perv.

If this was done to make a statement, I don't think it had anything to do with her being found. If that were the case she would have been left in the open in a obvious place. Her things would not have been scattered hoping they would wash up on shore like you stated. Still, simply her disappearance could have been meant to intimidate others.

I'm so glad that there are cameras in the quarter now and hope that they will provide some valuable leads combined with witness statements so that justice is served for Jaren and her loved ones. I also hope that if anyone is fearful and afraid to talk that they would make a quick exit out of town to someplace safe and contact the MS authorities conducting the investigation and tell them what they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974