GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It occurred to me that MAS must have been sober when they were pulled for their traffic violation. Otherwise, they could have been charged with DUI or possession. Her mug shot looks pretty bad but if she was detoxing or had drugs in her system and was driving I think they would have given her more charges.

ETA: If LE found drugs in the home would they be able to press charges for that and hold her?

Sanchez, 28, of Kenner, was booked with resisting an officer, said Hancock County Chief Investigator Glenn Grannan.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/06/persons_of_interest_in_death_o.html

Meanwhile, it sounds like they are trying to hold her as long as they can.

Sanchez was advised by the defenders not to sign the extradition waiver and not to answer questions about the case. They want to know by next week, if not sooner, details of any effort or basis for the extradition.

Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...14862572/-/qmtosbz/-/index.html#ixzz1xsIq58Hw

JMO

BBM - This is a really good point!

I know there have been conflicting MSM reports that MAS and TS were either out to dinner or at a party prior to their arrest. When I heard 'party' my mind automatically went to drinking/drugs. But I was just snooping around on public posts on Facebook (did a search for "jaren lockhart" public posts) and someone on there said that MAS and TS were at a Tee Ball party (little league baseball) with them that evening before they were arrested. He said he'd post a photo but I haven't seen it/couldn't find it.

Anyway, IF that is true (and I know FB posts are just rumor) then it kind of surprised me.

All JMO and MOO

Edited to add: I just re-read the FB comment and he says the cops "busted in and arrested them" at his cousins T-ball party so I guess that leans toward this guy just looking for his 'claim to fame' and a rumor.
However, it did open my mind to different possibilities.

It occurred to me that MAS must have been sober when they were pulled for their traffic violation. Otherwise, they could have been charged with DUI or possession. Her mug shot looks pretty bad but if she was detoxing or had drugs in her system and was driving I think they would have given her more charges.

ETA: If LE found drugs in the home would they be able to press charges for that and hold her?

Sanchez, 28, of Kenner, was booked with resisting an officer, said Hancock County Chief Investigator Glenn Grannan.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/06/persons_of_interest_in_death_o.html

Meanwhile, it sounds like they are trying to hold her as long as they can.

Sanchez was advised by the defenders not to sign the extradition waiver and not to answer questions about the case. They want to know by next week, if not sooner, details of any effort or basis for the extradition.

Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...14862572/-/qmtosbz/-/index.html#ixzz1xsIq58Hw

JMO

BBM

Great point

I dont think the durgs they were or were not taking are all that important. What needs to be established is what were their steps from the time they walked out of the club to the time JL entered the water.

The federal judge ordered 39-year-old Terry Speaks to be transported to the middle district of North Carolina, where he's facing indictment on a charge of failing to register as a sex offender

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/Man-in-Lockhart-investigation-heads-to-federal-court/-/9853400/15117416/-/jd42tp/-/index.html

Huh

If they had enough on him to hold him on a murder charge, that would trump the failure to register thing, I'd think.

Are they doing this to keep track of him, keep him off the streets? If NC can lock him up for a week, LE has more time with MAS.

Possible?

]I've never understood why a person won't reveal the location of the body after they're convicted[/B]. I followed this case a bit, too.

Sometimes I wonder if there are other victims hidden nearby, which they may want to keep hidden.

Now that the Judge has ordered TS to go to NC to face charges there that leaves MAS all alone. I am thinking she is going to crack before he does. He may even be looking forward to the transfer.

I've never read it. I'll remember to pick it up sometime.

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold..." is the story of a teenage girl who, after being raped and murdered, watches from her personal Heaven as her family and friends struggle to move on with their lives while she comes to terms with her own death."

Lucky by Alice Sebold is a "memoir of her rape".

both books touched my DD and I deeply.

the Lovely Bones is now a movie, too.

all quotes from Wikipedia.

sorry for messy iPad typing.

After reading a comment on the RIP FB page it looks like someone posted some cruitial info on the Justice FB page that Police did not want leaked to the General Public. And bc of that info the page was shut down.

Huh

If they had enough on him to hold him on a murder charge, that would trump the failure to register thing, I'd think.

Are they doing this to keep track of him, keep him off the streets? If NC can lock him up for a week, LE has more time with MAS.

Possible?

There goes my hope that he would be forced to serve time for that here.

It seems that the issues in court on both situations is that they're LE isn't actually bringing JL's case into play at all. Even the extradition request seems to have been a mistake that wasn't even requested. I guess that makes sense. If you only get one shot at making a case, you don't want to waste it by throwing additions into unrelated charges. Especially when TS will remain in custody in some form, and MAS won't be hard to keep track of. Better to take your time and build a solid case?

If they were seen together in Mississippi, IMO, there must be a third or even fourth person involved. By the time they got to Mississippi, it would have been around 3ish? They do whatever it is that they do together (party, etc), which takes up more time. She is killed, but by then it is almost light outside. That doesn't give them enough time to dismember and dispose by 6:00 a.m. Also, if this was done in a hotel, there would have been evidence left behind and a crime scene would be established by now, I would think.

I dont think the durgs they were or were not taking are all that important. What needs to be established is what were their steps from the time they walked out of the club to the time JL entered the water.

Agreed. Just 2 weeks ago Jason Williford was convicted of Murder in the 1st, while the defense alleged intoxication on all kinds of things while the rape-murder took place.

In the end, the jury saw past that. :rocker:

Now that the Judge has ordered TS to go to NC to face charges there that leaves MAS all alone. I am thinking she is going to crack before he does. He may even be looking forward to the transfer.

I bet he is looking forward to going to NC. He would probably rather be held in NC for a sex offense than LA or MS on a murder charge. No wonder he waived extradition......

I was about to ask, any more news... I passed out after page 20 last night, just now catching back up... so Speaks is going to NC what about MAS? I wonder how long they can keep her... I'm still under the impression that these two people, unless under some sort of drug, could do something like this..

I know this has nothing to do with this but, I went to Culinary School and one of our final tests was to cut a side of beef. Cutting steaks, ribeyes, roasts, brisket etc. Now, I know its not a person, but still, I consider myself pretty strong-stomach-ed (lol if thats a word!). I can look at gruesome photos of crime scenes and movies etc, but I had a REAL hard time cutting my prime-rib cut... something about all the red.. and the bones... giving myself the chills now... .I just don't see these two capable of this.

Good morning everyone! Considering MAS' bail was set so low, and TS is being transferred to NC I'm soooo confused now about their involvement.
Obviously, as far as we know they were the last ones to see her alive....but it seems like LE has very little other than that. What the heck is going on?!

After reading a comment on the RIP FB page it looks like someone posted some cruitial info on the Justice FB page that Police did not want leaked to the General Public. And bc of that info the page was shut down.

I would love to know what that info is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member