GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The unnamed woman, who with her husband contends they had no knowledge that Speaks and Sanchez could have had any connection to Lockhart's murder also said Sanchez even brought up what was dominating the local news at the time: the fact that Lockhart went missing and had her torso, decapitated head and limbs found on beaches in Mississippi.

"'Hey, did u hear about the stripper that went missing?' She mentioned that a couple times."

The Metairie couple said Speaks and Sanchez departed Tuesday after staying over the previous night, but not before dying their hair in the family's kitchen and bathroom sink.

"Hindsight being 20/20, they were trying to hide from something," she said.

Much more at link: http://www.abc26.com/news/local/wgno-jarensuspectsmetairie-070412,0,3318481.story

I feel like I should "take notes" lol!

Don't worry I took notes for you! I could not pass up the chance to see what MAS had to say. Now she can add more to her resume - bartender, street performer, model, and now an actress on a national TV Show! LOL

MAS talking about Zack Bowen:

He just snapped. I can't imagine - just shock. What am I going to do?
Get rid of the body? That would be anybody's first thought. What did
I just do? How do I fix this?

My thoughts -
I find this statement very interesting. I also noticed that
MAS is never mentioned in the book "Shake the Devil Off" by Ethan Brown.
Though I did see several characters from the book on the TV show last night.

:websleuther:

I had a thought all night long that I couldn't get rid of.... HOW did the producers of this show pick the people who spoke on it? Was MAS contacted by them? or did they put out a call for people that knew AH and Z nd MAS contacted THEM?

Does it matter? I don't know. But it's a question I just can't shake.
I went to bed with that thought on my mind, too. I think they put out a call, or made contact through word of mouth. These days, the city teems with reality drama producers looking for stories.

The other big question on my mind: just how well did MAS actually know AH? Did the producers do much fact checking on that angle? Having some experience in this area, I'm betting they did not. Before I could consider any kind of connection between the two murders, I would first have to establish the true nature of the relationship between MAS and AH and ZB. :moo::moo:

Don't worry I took notes for you! I could not pass up the chance to see what MAS had to say. Now she can add more to her resume - bartender, street performer, model, and now an actress on a national TV Show! LOL

My thoughts -

"Actress" being the key word. ;)

I went to bed with that thought on my mind, too. I think they put out a call, or made contact through word of mouth. These days, the city teems with reality drama producers looking for stories.

The other big question on my mind: just how well did MAS actually know AH? Did the producers do much fact checking on that angle? Having some experience in this area, I'm betting they did not. Before I could consider any kind of connection between the two murders, I would first have to establish the true nature of the relationship between MAS and AH and ZB. :moo::moo:

I wonder that too. I'm reading Shake the Devil Off, and so far it appears that Mr. Brown did a very thorough job in his research and yet, MAS is never mentioned in his book. Would it be worthy to try to contact Mr. Brown and ask him for his input here at WS?

I wonder that too. I'm reading Shake the Devil Off, and so far it appears that Mr. Brown did a very thorough job in his research and yet, MAS is never mentioned in his book. Would it be worthy to try to contact Mr. Brown and ask him for his input here at WS?

I don't know that he'd hold any answers as it seems he didn't invest much time into researching Addie's life. It's mentioned in all of the reviews and interviews I've read. The story leans heavily on ZB's perspective.

BBowen emerges as a complex and contradictory figure suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder exacerbated by governmental indifference. Brown devotes significantly fewer pages to Hall, acknowledging that "my wife had occasionally angrily accused me of being too sympathetic to Zack," and many readers will feel the same way. Perhaps it's unfair to judge a book on what it's not about, but I find it a pity that the young women so savagely murdered didn't receive equal attention.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/11/AR2009091101838.html

I don't know that he'd hold any answers as it seems he didn't invest much time into researching Addie's life. It's mentioned in all of the reviews and interviews I've read. The story leans heavily on ZB's perspective.

BBowen emerges as a complex and contradictory figure suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder exacerbated by governmental indifference. Brown devotes significantly fewer pages to Hall, acknowledging that "my wife had occasionally angrily accused me of being too sympathetic to Zack," and many readers will feel the same way. Perhaps it's unfair to judge a book on what it's not about, but I find it a pity that the young women so savagely murdered didn't receive equal attention.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/11/AR2009091101838.html

Actually Mr. Brown does talk about Addie a lot in his book. However, it is my understanding that he did not have much access to Addie's family. You are correct about his focus on Zack, especially his Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Mr. Brown probably did talk to MAS, but he probably thought that she was not a reliable source. Please note that I am not promoting that people purchase Mr. Brown's book. Personally, I had checked his book out of my local library for FREE. This book is very well written. Mr. Brown moved down to New Orleans and spent a lot of time and energy into his book. I would highly recommend anybody on this forum to read it. Just my thoughts.

Oh, what the heck, I'll shoot him an email. :)

I would assume LE would be interested in looking at all the footage they have of MAS. Including the parts cut prior to airing.

This was a disclaimer on the ABC website:

Producer's Note: On June 12, 2012, fifteen months after the interviewees sat down to talk to Final Witness producers about the Addie Hall story, one of the participants, Margaret Sanchez, was arrested and is being questioned about the murder of 22-year-old Jaren Lockhart. To date Ms. Sanchez has not been charged in connection with the murder.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/final-witness/blog/all/episode-102-graveyard-love

Nobody get mad at me if you can help it but in the comments section of the link someone describes a room with a couch in the back of the club. After reading that comment, it put a different spin on what a stripper's job entails.
Also, now I understand more about why MAS might be suspected as the one who has evil intentions. I'm not saying I believe that but the bicurious comment threw me a little. That never crossed my mind as I don't think that way and was under the impression that Temptations is a club for gentlemen.

Isn't that where a man goes in to watch girls dance and he drinks. Men are visual and like to look - they're not allowed to touch. The back room thing throws me a little. Doesn't this open up opportunities for customers to become possessive over a specific girl? Even setting up potential for a man to get mad at a girl? That's what the first comment may imply. Are there clear-cut rules within these places?
The rules are clear cut, but that won't stop some patrons from overstepping their bounds. And when they do, they're promptly shown the door. You might want to go back and scan the threads because members who are former dancers have posted about the procedures for dealing with unruly customers.

The first comment was posted one month before Jaren was killed, and it's of interest because the poster is someone with a grudge against the club employees. He claims to have been treated badly "just" because he knew a dancer. Well, why would that happen? It wouldn't if had been minding his manners, so to speak. It sounds to me like he was being possessive and interfering with the dancer's ability to do her job, i.e., dance for other patrons. So he ended up outside on his butt and PO'd. Maybe it didn't go any further than this comment, but who knows.

https://plus.google.com/110929834349230534567/about?gl=us&hl=en

OK! I did hear that! Still my brain went to another "woman" DUH!

Still, if the object of ZB's affections was another woman who happened to be AH's younger friend (MAS), that might insight more rage
within AH than if she found out that ZB went outside their relationship with a man (as long as AH knew about his leanings beforehand).
It's a double whammy.

Ok - I know it's a long shot but I'm still trying to see if there might be some connection between TCS and AH.

Do we know anything about AH's family besides she grew up in Durham, N.C and was estranged from her family? I've been researching her through all of my genealogical resources I have and I just find NOTHING. Dead ends except for her adult life and locations where she lived. No record of birth, no parents names, nothing. I'm honestly wondering if AH is her real name? or if she changed it along the way? I know that's a long shot and probably not the case. However, it's just odd that I just can't seem to find anything on her before her adult life.

No, dude.
It was with a guy (or guys), which we have gone over already.

I read that after I posted as it's hard going back and forth. But, as I thought about it, I posted again some additional thoughts (above). Is it a known fact that another man had become between them right as they were moving into the apartment together?

Cuz like I said, if it was MAS who he cheated with on AH, can you imagine the fire that would ignite within AH? She may not have been able to forgive or forget that one and that goes for the two of them.

My thoughts -

She has gained her notoriety!

That's doubtful. Zack was openly bisexual, and it was his friendship with another man that riled Addie and led to her cutting remarks.

Read this interview with the author of Shake the Devil Off, Ethan Brown, for more information.

http://crasstalk.com/2011/06/crasstalk-interviews-shake-the-devil-off-author-ethan-brown/

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2006/10/20/adriane-addie-hall-murder-100506/

The crasstalk link is great. The author says that he didn't have much success getting information from Addie's relatives in NC.
He doesn't say if he was actually able to locate them but, if he did, they weren't talking. He says her friends were more forthcoming.

Sounds like an informative book on many levels.
I'd really like to know who EB thinks Addie's brother is but he probably can't tell us even if he does know the answer.

Ok - I know it's a long shot but I'm still trying to see if there might be some connection between TCS and AH.

Do we know anything about AH's family besides she grew up in Durham, N.C and was estranged from her family? I've been researching her through all of my genealogical resources I have and I just find NOTHING. Dead ends except for her adult life and locations where she lived. No record of birth, no parents names, nothing. I'm honestly wondering if AH is her real name? or if she changed it along the way? I know that's a long shot and probably not the case. However, it's just odd that I just can't seem to find anything on her before her adult life.

keep looking. There's a few things but they've not been connected yet - so not sure if they mean anything concrete. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9