GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Torso case"? Really? Was it too hard to say "The Jaren Lockheart case"?

I am glad that she is still getting press but I hate that she is just reduced to a body part. She wasn't a "torso", she was a living breathing human being, a mother, a man's fiance, and was loved by many people who still grieve over her death and have the insult of not having justice in what was a shockingly brutal crime.

May 2013 bring J4J, justice for Jaren (and her loved ones).

May 2013 bring Justice for Jaren!

It's been all of these months, no justice yet. Praying for Justice for Jaren and peace for her family this year. 2013 is a few hours away. Please let LE get their ducks in a row and prosecute those who are responsible for the world's loss of a beautiful soul.

I suppose at least we know they're still waiting for the results. I was concerned they got the results back and still no charges.

Jaren's story has aired 3 times in the last week. I'm praying LE is aware of a time frame that forensics will be back and the recent media coverage is a prelude to upcoming media coverage of revealing the results and arrests.

Jaren's story has aired 3 times in the last week. I'm praying LE is aware of a time frame that forensics will be back and the recent media coverage is a prelude to upcoming media coverage of revealing the results and arrests.

I also saw an update on wwltv news yesterday similar to the article in the Advocate (http://theadvocate.com/home/4810200-125/miss-authorities-work-on-leads). Unfortunate reference was made to "stripper case" in the headline but rephrased in first paragraph as "death of a French Quarter dancer."

There was also an interesting story on 48 Hours on Saturday updating the missing person/murder case involving Jamie Laiaddee and her boyfriend Bryan Stewart (a.k.a Rick Valentini) who was found guilty of 2nd degree murder and 40+ counts of fraud (http://www.azcentral.com/community/...2chandler-man-gets-42-years-womans-death.html) Unlike Jaren's case, Jamie's body has never been found, but similarly there was very little physical evidence to charge Bryan/Rick with her murder. It took over a year for LE to charge him with the crime because they had to recreate a virtual crime scene with circumstantial evidence linking him to Jamie's murder. He was the last to see her alive and had been living under several aliases, but Arizona LE was able to put together a solid case by taking their time with the investigation and charges. Bryan/Rick is serving 54 years for 2nd degree murder and fraud. Hopefully, the Hancock LE and the FBI are working together to do the same for Jaren's case.?

Jamie's murder made me wonder if any charges were ever filed against TS for fraud by LA, MS, or NC LE? If not, why would LE not have charged him with falsifying his ID in connection with his RSO charges? It was quite surprising to hear that he had not been questioned about Jaren's death while awaiting his hearing in NC. I'm hoping that TS makes the same stupid mistakes that Valentini made and starts talking to other inmates about what part he played in Jaren's murder. Maybe if MAS thinks she's also in the clear as more time goes by, she'll make the same stupid mistake and start talking about what part she played in Jaren's murder also. Makes you realize that there might be a good reason this is taking so long.?

Hoping and praying for Justice for Jaren before June 2013!

Is it possible that one of the things we are waiting on with the forensics by the FBI is where the murder occurred (& which jurisdiction will charge them)?

I think it's possible Jaren was murdered at MAS's Kenner home (Jefferson Parish), somewhere along the Mississippi coast line near where her body washed ashore, or in New Orleans/Orleans Parish (or in between New Orleans & the Mississippi coast (perhaps in MAS's car). Seems it might be important to know not only how the death occurred & who's responsible but where it occurred so charges are pressed in the right place. [However, Mickey Shunick's killer abducted her in Lafayette Parish but confessed to killing her in Acadia Parish. He was charged in Lafayette Parish. I think this was because the start of the crime occurred in Lafayette or something. So maybe jurisdiction doesn't necessarily matter as for where the actual murder occurred versus where the crime started, unless maybe it would matter due to the possibility of different states rather than different parishes in LA- if the start of the crime (abduction; and she may have went willingly but under LA law if someone is "enticed" into leaving like she was, it's still an abduction) was in one state (Louisiana) and the murder was in another (Mississippi).]

I feel like I just talked myself in a circle. Sigh.

Glad to see Jaren's case is at least getting some new coverage. My thoughts are often with her child & fiancé, hoping that he can overcome this & get his life back on track for their daughter. You can tell from Jaren's pictures that she was a beautiful person but also a beautiful soul & from her writings/postings online that she was also smart & deep. If she had been raised in another set of circumstances with more opportunities, who knows what she would have been able to do. I hope her fiancé gets it together & is able to try to give their beautiful little girl all the opportunities Jaren never had.

Is it possible that one of the things we are waiting on with the forensics by the FBI is where the murder occurred (& which jurisdiction will charge them)?

I think it's possible Jaren was murdered at MAS's Kenner home (Jefferson Parish), somewhere along the Mississippi coast line near where her body washed ashore, or in New Orleans/Orleans Parish (or in between New Orleans & the Mississippi coast (perhaps in MAS's car). Seems it might be important to know not only how the death occurred & who's responsible but where it occurred so charges are pressed in the right place. [However, Mickey Shunick's killer abducted her in Lafayette Parish but confessed to killing her in Acadia Parish. He was charged in Lafayette Parish. I think this was because the start of the crime occurred in Lafayette or something. So maybe jurisdiction doesn't necessarily matter as for where the actual murder occurred versus where the crime started, unless maybe it would matter due to the possibility of different states rather than different parishes in LA- if the start of the crime (abduction; and she may have went willingly but under LA law if someone is "enticed" into leaving like she was, it's still an abduction) was in one state (Louisiana) and the murder was in another (Mississippi).]

I feel like I just talked myself in a circle. Sigh.

Glad to see Jaren's case is at least getting some new coverage. My thoughts are often with her child & fiancé, hoping that he can overcome this & get his life back on track for their daughter. You can tell from Jaren's pictures that she was a beautiful person but also a beautiful soul & from her writings/postings online that she was also smart & deep. If she had been raised in another set of circumstances with more opportunities, who knows what she would have been able to do. I hope her fiancé gets it together & is able to try to give their beautiful little girl all the opportunities Jaren never had.

I'm happy to hear it's getting some coverage as well. I just can't imagine something as grisly as this case just fading away. Given the gruesome nature, I would think there would be a public outcry to bring someone to justice. Hopefully the FBI gets the results back in short order and we can find out what they determined and move forward with justice for Jaren.

in the MS case Lavergne was charged in Lafayette because the 15th JDC covers Lafayette, Acadia, and Vermillion Parishes.

Are LE still waiting on results? How long has this been?

Here for Jaren... Please God let there be Justice for this despicable crime!!

I do appreciate that the media & LE seem to be periodically reassuring the public that this isn't a cold case.

I have hope for justice for Jaren!

The part I bolded has changed from the initial report, and is more in line with what I suspected in the beginning. That business of "a treat" for TS never did add up for me.

Bourbon Street dancers have told detectives and the Sun Herald that just before Lockhart disappeared, Sanchez was looking to buy drugs and to hire a dancer to go with her and Speaks to an after-hours sex party.

Anyway, many thanks to Chief Inspector Glenn Grannan and the Hancock County Sheriff's Department for maintaining an open file on Jaren, and to the SunHerald for keeping her name and face in the public eye.

J4J

The part I bolded has changed from the initial report, and is more in line with what I suspected in the beginning. That business of "a treat" for TS never did add up for me.

Anyway, many thanks to Chief Inspector Glenn Grannan and the Hancock County Sheriff's Department for maintaining an open file on Jaren, and to the SunHerald for keeping her name and face in the public eye.

J4J

Never added up to me either, Bessie. This makes way more sense.

So where was this after-hours sex party & who all was there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3