Found Deceased LA - Jessica Easterly Durning, 43, New Orleans, 14 Aug 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
I really, really doubt that Jessica's body has been found. The unsubstantiated claim was made 10 days ago, and radio silence from those that made the claim(s) since.

People are locking their doors in New Orleans because a murderer is on the loose. I've never seen LE hide a recovered body before, and I don't think they did here.

The silence by those around Jessica makes me hope that she has run for her life, and they are aware and possibly helping.

She was "exhausted and afraid" the night before she disappeared, so this would be consistent.

I really, really doubt that Jessica's body has been found. The unsubstantiated claim was made 10 days ago, and radio silence from those that made the claim(s) since.

People are locking their doors in New Orleans because a murderer is on the loose. I've never seen LE hide a recovered body before, and I don't think they did here.

The silence by those around Jessica makes me hope that she has run for her life, and they are aware and possibly helping.

She was "exhausted and afraid" the night before she disappeared, so this would be consistent.
If I'm not mistaken, the person claiming that her body has been found is the one who said that she had been exhausted and afraid and who reported her missing.

If I'm not mistaken, the person claiming that her body has been found is the one who said that she had been exhausted and afraid and who reported her missing.
I think the person @The Night Watchman is referring to a member who went by the SN Lookeylouise. The person who reported her missing isn’t a member on here.

I’m not from the Lakeview area itself, but do reside about 30 mins southeast. I also attend the local public university, which is only a ~5 min drive from Lakeview and am in the area quite often. I haven’t seen any missing posters around the school or in the vicinity, which isn’t surprising considering how little information we have on the case.

I believe someone mentioned this up thread, but we have HD “crime cameras” all over the city. If one caught anything suspicious relating to Jessica, then I’m positive NOPD must have seen it by now. But, MOO, I don’t put too much stock towards NOPD investigating her case thoroughly/taking it seriously. I hope I’m wrong of course, but I don’t expect too much information to come out if she is found. I haven’t heard anything about this case at all, which is surprising since my family watches the news consistently and let’s me know of any missing persons mentioned on the local news.

As was also mentioned, the area along with many other areas in the city have been having issues with car break ins for months now. Other than that, Lakeview is pretty “safe” compared to other neighborhoods and has a good sense of community. City Park is HUGE, and has a few “hidden” areas that are not maintained and are overgrown compared to other parts of the park (established areas such as NOMA, the “big lake” walking path, Carousel Gardens, the horse ranch, etc.).

I hope that she is indeed safe and with people that she trusts, and this is the reason that we are getting so little information and no updates regarding her case. If she isn’t yet on NamUs, I’ll try and see if I can submit the information we know about the case and create a profile for her.

Everything is MOO.

@briigeee Because of the WS TOS, we are unable to discuss much more that is known in this case.

I don't think NamUs will be needed any longer, but thanks for offer.

I hope it will not be too much longer before all those who have been looking out for Jessica and following her case, will be able to reach closure.

@MsMiniSleuth I am aware of the TOS, I meant the official details that we know about the case from LE. Worst that can happen with NamUs is that the submission is rejected for one reason or another (has happened before for one or two I’ve submitted) but I understand that Jessica’s case is quite unique in it’s circumstances and that NamUs may not be helpful at this point.

Hearing about a local case so far after the fact is frustrating for me, in that I try to do whatever I can to help. I’m assuming there is information and/or rumors out there regarding her status and the case itself that we can’t discuss. Sorry if I came off in any way that made my tone sound snarky. :confused:

(This is off topic and likely not the case, but the last name Easterly rings a bell. I’m not sure if she’s from the area or out of state, if the latter is true then it must be unrelated to her, disregard this if that’s the case!)

All MOO

ETA: I managed to not reply directly to you, oops! I’m out of practice

Last edited:
It's tough not to get into conjecture. I hope she didn't OD. But it seems so common these days with the prevalence and potency of fentanyl. I'm glad that police departments are starting to charge dealers in some of the OD cases. Clearly, she had people who loved her. I feel so bad for them if they've lost Jessica. If she has passed, I hope it was peaceful. We learn of too many violent deaths on WS.

Just checking in to see if any info new on Jessica.
The silence in this case is indeed one to give me pause.
So what we do have......
Missing from her home in the day light of afternoon hours.
Taking not even her phone or wallet.
Leaving her only transportation in the drive way.
No known CCTV from neighborhood showing her leaving.
She just disappeared into daylight hours mid day with no witnesses.
She had made a previous ph call alerting friend she was afraid.
My question is:
What was Jessica afraid of?
Who was Jessica afraid of?
Why was Jessica afraid?
I wonder if NOPD has subpoenaed her cell records. Her apps on her personal tablet or laptop.
I see no drug charges for her.
Maybe just some bad choices but MOO she wanted to make changes and her choices were taken away.
This is so sad.
Does anyone care what happened to Jessica?

Just checking in to see if any info new on Jessica.
The silence in this case is indeed one to give me pause.
So what we do have......
Missing from her home in the day light of afternoon hours.
Taking not even her phone or wallet.
Leaving her only transportation in the drive way.
No known CCTV from neighborhood showing her leaving.
She just disappeared into daylight hours mid day with no witnesses.
She had made a previous ph call alerting friend she was afraid.
My question is:
What was Jessica afraid of?
Who was Jessica afraid of?
Why was Jessica afraid?
I wonder if NOPD has subpoenaed her cell records. Her apps on her personal tablet or laptop.
I see no drug charges for her.
Maybe just some bad choices but MOO she wanted to make changes and her choices were taken away.
This is so sad.
Does anyone care what happened to Jessica?

I live not far from New Orleans and there’s always a murderer on the loose. Nola residents have been locking their doors for quite sometime.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cj2935
Back