LA - Jori Lirette, 7, found decapitated, Thibodaux, 14 Aug 2011 *Insanity*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thibodaux's Police Chief said Tuesday that they're preparing the case against Wright for the District Attorney to take to the grand jury as early as Friday.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/lafourche-terrebonne/funeralheldfordismemberedmurdervictim-128274768.html

I just saw on my local news (Baton Rouge) that he will go before the grand jury this Thursday.

I'll see if I can find a link.

ETA: I'm on my phone and having a hard time finding it, but I know I was watching WAFB's 6:00 pm CT NEWS.

Thanks BeanE!
I knew I heard it.

I was just watching Dr. Drew and looked the case up here. Oh my God. He left the child's head by the curb so the mother would see it when she came home. I cannot wrap my head around someone with that much evil spite and anger. This case is horrible!

From Dr Drew show, linked above:

SILVERII: Well, obviously, we can`t speak to his mental state. He spoke - - he appeared to be lucid.

He spoke comprehensively. He was able to answer the questions that were asked of him. When he was placed into the unit, there didn`t seem to be any state of confusion.

He was just, again, very methodical about his answers to the officer. He seemed to be very calm. And again, the body -- the rest of the child`s body, other than the head, was placed in a series of white plastic garbage bags.

snip

We`re just in the early stages, actually, continuing the investigation. We`re doing historical investigating, talking to his family, interviewing his friends, his associates, anyone that has any history to give us any insight into it. From our early investigation, there`s been no indication that there was drug abuse or any type of psychosis or mental -- emotionally disturbed.

I think the selfish, evil creature knew EXACTLY what he was doing. In his mind, this child reflected badly on HIM and killing him the way he did was his ultimate revenge on the mother who was leaving him that very afternoon. I don't think he was capable of loving this child due to his disabilities so the act did not affect him IMHO. There's not a hot enough place in he77 for people that can hurt a child, nevertheless their OWN child and in this fashion! Ugh.. this case will never leave me, ever.

I'm sorry, but he confessed. He described what he did. The officers said he appeared to be lucid. On Sept 16th (IIRC) his next court date, (in my dreams) the judge would ask the police officer on the scene "did he confess to you?" Officer says "Yes", Jerimah would be walked to an circular room where the lethal injection would be waiting.

Prayers going out to Mom for strength to get through this.

I do not have a link for this, so y'all can take it or leave it. Hubby has a co-worker with ties to the jail this "daddy" is being kept in......reports are that "daddy" was beaten half to death his first night in jail, was patched up and put back into general population, where he was promptly beaten again.

I am NOT a believer in vigilantism but I have to admit that in this instance, I cannot blame the inmates who put action to their disgust in what "daddy" had done.

All I can say is that devil had it coming. I hope they keep patching him back up and throwing back in the general population. Maybe they GP will take care of him like they did jeffrey dalmer. I'm not a vicious person but I can't help but want to hurt that monster for what he did to his own son. How could someone be that freaking cruel. I just don't understand how messed up that evil man was to do what he did to that little boy. I hate people who hurt children!!!!

Statements offer gruesome details in slaying

At about 8 a.m. on Aug. 14, Jori was wrapped in a blanket, asleep, Wright carried the boy to the kitchen

http://www.tri-parishtimes.com/articles/2011/08/24/news/129_51_statements.txt

Warning - Article is Very Graphic

Lower down in the article, however, the Coroner stated that the child had been hit in the head and that was cause of death. How come that injury is not being mentioned? Forensics/science can determine cause of death more precisely than words. Not that it matters, bc dead is dead...but I cannot get over someone slaying their own son like that..like an animal. It's enough to make a person unable to sleep. Maybe bc I am a mother of two young children.

Lower down in the article, however, the Coroner stated that the child had been hit in the head and that was cause of death. How come that injury is not being mentioned? Forensics/science can determine cause of death more precisely than words.

It's been reported repeatedly that Jori died from decapitation (he was alive and cried when his father started SAWING HIS HEAD OFF), dismemberment, and blunt force trauma. Those articles are all posted and linked in this thread.

Here's where it says just that in the article:
The preliminary report conducted by the Lafourche Coroner's Office indicates the cause of death as "blunt force trauma to the head, with extensive bleeding to the right side of the brain, decapitation and dismemberment,"

My understanding is that the blunt force trauma was actually caused by the decapitation. I didn't save the links from my research. You can try Googling for blunt force trauma, decapitation, avulsion injury - that should bring up some autopsy and pathology stuff that explains it.

Oh my. I was starting to hope there for a moment. Poor little baby. :sick:

http://www.myspace.com/darkenangel05/blog

Scroll down and down, Jesslyn Lirette writes extensivly about her love and hope for Jori.
Also how Jerry cares not at all for his disabled child, wants nothing to do with him- sees Jori as a lesser being.

This is not one of those - i got overwelmed i just snapped, or i heard voices -daddy dearest just did not want, care and definatly not love Jori. Dudes a <modsnip>.

http://www.myspace.com/jerry9130/photos

Notice "The Boy" pic Hope the cops take these written histories into the court room.

Why do people stay in relationships when they resentwho they're living with-- <modsnip> JMO MOO

BBM <modsnip>. People stay in abusive situations because there is no other place to go for them. They are NOT lazy or classless. When women do leave they are killed or this happens. She is a victim. She should not be called a <modsnip>. As far as responsibility goes. She had Jori. That is WAY more irresponsibility than a lot of folks could handle. <modsnip> JMHO

BBM That is a horrible thing to say. People stay in abusive situations because there is no other place to go for them. They are NOT lazy or classless. When women do leave they are killed or this happens. She is a victim. She should not be called a coward,lazy and classless. As far as responsibility goes. She had Jori. That is WAY more irresponsibility than a lot of folks could handle. You statements should have been mod snipped opinion or not. JMHO

Maybe I misread, but it seems to me that the statement in question was an opinion on why the daddy/boyfriend stayed in the home even while he was so resentful about Jori, not about why the mother stayed with the boyfriend.

It's been reported repeatedly that Jori died from decapitation (he was alive and cried when his father started SAWING HIS HEAD OFF), dismemberment, and blunt force trauma. Those articles are all posted and linked in this thread.

Here's where it says just that in the article:
The preliminary report conducted by the Lafourche Coroner's Office indicates the cause of death as "blunt force trauma to the head, with extensive bleeding to the right side of the brain, decapitation and dismemberment,"

My understanding is that the blunt force trauma was actually caused by the decapitation. I didn't save the links from my research. You can try Googling for blunt force trauma, decapitation, avulsion injury - that should bring up some autopsy and pathology stuff that explains it.

That's what confuses me though. Blunt force trauma/bludgeoning is specifically defined when a blunt instrument (i.e. bat, mallet, etc.) comes in contact with the head. Sharp/cutting injuries come from things like swords, knives, things with serrated edges. In a decap situation, that would be considered a slashing injury. I am not dwelling on the morbid as a result of any sick curiousity, but rather hope - albeit faint - that the child was at least struck dead, or unconscious before such a horrible act was performed. It isn't impossible that this animal wanted to make his confession as horrid as he could to stick it to the mother. He knows he's basically a dead man -- he has nothing to lose, really. He hated her that much and was a classic case of an abuser. When she finally had enough, he inflicted the ultimate act and gave her a fate worse than a death sentence. As a mother, I'd rather die than sacrifice my child. I couldn't live really. I've read and been exposed to many sickening things, but this is absolutely the worst and even though I didn't know this sweet boy, his death chills and makes me cry.

That's what confuses me though. Blunt force trauma/bludgeoning is specifically defined when a blunt instrument (i.e. bat, mallet, etc.) comes in contact with the head. Sharp/cutting injuries come from things like swords, knives, things with serrated edges. In a decap situation, that would be considered a slashing injury. I am not dwelling on the morbid as a result of any sick curiousity, but rather hope - albeit faint - that the child was at least struck dead, or unconscious before such a horrible act was performed.

I had hoped and prayed too that Jori was already deceased when he was decapitated. It horrifies me that he was alive, and not only that, but that because of his cerebral palsy, he could not fight, he could not scream, and he could barely even cry.

It has destroyed something in me that anyone could do something so heinously evil to any child, let alone a disabled child.

It's the defenslessness of child victims that gets to me. A child so defenseless as Jori. Well, I just have no words. He could barely even cry.

To make it worse, he was asleep when the monster got him, then a bag put over his head. Poor Jori would have been confused, not knowing what was happening to him, and then the horrific pain, the terror, the realization that this was his own father doing this to him.

I just have never heard of a worse murder of a child. The terror, the pain, the feelings of betrayal, the inability to fight, and being barely able to cry.

I'm by no means a sensationalist - quite the opposite actually. I'm convinced though from what I've read that Jori was alive when decapitated. I can't, I won't minimize what happened to him. If LE or the DA tells me (us, the public) differently, then I'll adjust my opinion. Till then, I'm going by this, as well as the research I've done:

- The murder weapon found and reported was a saw - not a bat, not a hammer.

- Once she left, Wright picked Jori up and carried him to the kitchen sink, he told police. Wright said he didn&#8217;t want to look at Jori, so he put a plastic shopping bag over the boy&#8217;s head.

Jori gasped and started to cry when Wright first began to saw back and forth on Jori&#8217;s neck with a saw from his toolbox, the report says. He next cut off Jori&#8217;s limbs at the elbows and knees.

Grand jury to hear child-slaying case Friday
Published: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 6:08 p.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 9:37 p.m.

A panel of jurors will decide Friday if there is enough evidence against a Thibodaux man accused of killing his 7-year-old son to take the case to trial.

snip

Wright’s case will be presented to a grand jury Friday, said District Attorney Cam Morvant II.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/2...y-hears-evidence-Fri-in-boy-s-beheading&tc=ar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back