GUILTY LA - Levi Cole Ellerbe, 6 mos, kidnapped, burned to death, Natchitoches, 17 Jul 2018 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes. I have fine motor issues and coupled with spellcheck I’m losing the battle. I try to let folks know. But my apologies. I’ll try to watch closer.
Oh no, no need to apologize, I was just kidding with you. I laughed when I read that, I needed to laugh. I've typed in numerous things that didn't quite come out like I intended. All's good.

Totally agree with ya Suglo! Maybe I'll get a google alert in a few days....

I continue to search for th darkness and depth a human mother has to reach to play any part in burning a male baby.

She consciously made the choice to use again. But until details are known during a trial we won’t know or even begin to understand anything about how this all transpired.

I am great fully humbled by the fact that the members of law enforcement and fire Marshall’s office acted quickly in the matter. They probably had much more emotional investment in this case because many have young children. Quick resolution and fast arrests gave them peace of mind.

It doesn’t mean that anyone could begin to understand morally and ethically bankrupt meth heads manner of disposing of this child. The meaninglessness if any value of human life is just beyond my thoughts.

The physical disparity between hb during recovery and her mugshot proves this was not a sudden overnight return to drugs. It took time for that physical transition.

So where were the people who cared for Hanna barker and little Levi? It was obvious to me so anyone who had any contact with them had to know she was back using drugs again. Really people it’s everyones responsibility to report this as it becomes evident??

Did I miss it? Or were friends and family just past the point of caring with her? Anyone could have walked into that trailer and taken that child and he would be alive. People knew yet did little to nothing to help him. I don’t understand anyone knowing the mess that baby lived and no one valuing the life to care. Barker probably wouldn’t have noticed he was gone.

So where were the people who cared for Hanna barker and little Levi? It was obvious to me so anyone who had any contact with them had to know she was back using drugs again. Really people it’s everyones responsibility to report this as it becomes evident??

Did I miss it? Or were friends and family just past the point of caring with her? Anyone could have walked into that trailer and taken that child and he would be alive. People knew yet did little to nothing to help him. I don’t understand anyone knowing the mess that baby lived and no one valuing the life to care. Barker probably wouldn’t have noticed he was gone.

I think that probably when/if she started using again she probably cut the straight people slowly out of her life. I have an alcoholic friend who either calls me when he's sober and struggling but when he falls off the wagon he disappears from my life. This past year I wondered if he had died until he called me after an arrest and I encouraged him to go to rehab. Thankfully there are no children involved.

When someone who's an addict has children, it's a whole different thing, I guess.

I continue to search for th darkness and depth a human mother has to reach to play any part in burning a male baby.

She consciously made the choice to use again. But until details are known during a trial we won’t know or even begin to understand anything about how this all transpired.

I am great fully humbled by the fact that the members of law enforcement and fire Marshall’s office acted quickly in the matter. They probably had much more emotional investment in this case because many have young children. Quick resolution and fast arrests gave them peace of mind.

It doesn’t mean that anyone could begin to understand morally and ethically bankrupt meth heads manner of disposing of this child. The meaninglessness if any value of human life is just beyond my thoughts.

The physical disparity between hb during recovery and her mugshot proves this was not a sudden overnight return to drugs. It took time for that physical transition.

I really couldn't thank you enough for this post.

No court dates have been set so far for either woman charged in the death of a 6-month-old baby in Natchitoches.

Hanna Nicole Barker, has been moved to Caddo Correctional Center. Felicia Marie-Nicole Smith remains in the Richland Parish Jail in Rayville, LA.
The district judge issued a gag order preventing law enforcement from releasing further information.
Women accused in the burning death of an infant await court date

I have shared this before on this site, but this thread has me thinking about it again and maybe it’ll provide something small to think about even though it’s only a personal anecdote. A (very much former) close childhood friend of mine is currently serving 30 to 50 years for the extremely cruel, intentional murder of her infant son. I had not spoken to her in years when I learned of the murder, but its still something I think about very, very often. Sadly, her son had almost no chance at a healthy, safe life — he was born in secret to two desperate heroin addicts. Drugs are such a hell of a thing; my friend was troubled as a teenager, but had so many advantages that others don’t & seemed miles and miles away from being capable of such incredible evil.

The reason I’m mentioning this is that maybe there IS some bigger motive, like insurance, at play here. This story is still in very early days and we don’t have many details at all. (Someone upthread mentioned Victoria Martens and that is a great example of just how much time & new information can change what we think we know about a suspect and their motives.) But I personally won’t be *completely* shocked if this turns out to be one more in a string of senseless “what the hell is wrong with people” murders of children fueled by uncontrolled raging drug addiction, much like the one committed by my former friend. I feel like we see so many of these (or maybe I have a biased view, also possible) and so many committed by people who have OPTIONS. It’s honestly depressing. And infuriating to watch as an outsider, when you can see all the alternate paths these women (and my former friend) could have taken at little risk to themselves if only they weren’t completely mentally clouded.

I typed out an entire essay and forgot to mention one of the main points I wanted to make, sheesh. I wonder in this case if family/friends had similar feeling to what I had after the fact and that’s why they didn’t step in. A “I knew things were bad but I never thought they were THAT bad” feeling. It’s hard to drag yourself to the realization that your daughter or sister or friend or coworker is capable of murdering a baby. Denial is also a hell of a thing. :(

I agree wholeheartedly with the above post. Thank You.

But this one part makes me wonder:

"Did I miss it? Or were friends and family just past the point of caring with her? Anyone could have walked into that trailer and taken that child and he would be alive. People knew yet did little to nothing to help him. I don’t understand anyone knowing the mess that baby lived and no one valuing the life to care. Barker probably wouldn’t have noticed he was gone."

From my sad experiences with drug addicted or alcoholic parents, many of them are hyper sensitive to anyone trying to take their neglected children away. They take quite an offense to any suggestion that their toddlers with horrible diaper rashes and dirty clothes might need some care. They might ignore them all day, but if someone comes in and suggests they can help and take the children to eat and to the park, the neglectful junkie will get angry and deny the attempts.

Not always I suppose, but that has been my sad experiences. I have usually had to call CPS or the authorities to really make a difference.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91
Back