LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of find it hard to believe it was a hit and run. Would there not be blood evidence on the street somewhere and wouldn't the dogs pick up her scent to where the accident may have happened?

However, who's to say that LE doesn't have this evidence? I don't know...

Okay then. Never heard of that, but then I never boarded at high end stables, which perhaps Willow Oaks is. But I highly doubt that she was biking there. It's outside of Lafayette. Duson I think?

Yeah, I don't think she was biking there at 2am either. Willow Oaks appears to be a mid-level show stable. I wish I had known it was there when I lived in Lafayette because I would have certainly done some riding! It appears to be in Duson which is maybe 10 miles outside of the far end of Lafayette. Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't seem like somewhere she would have typically ridden her bike to, both because of the distance and people who ride are often lugging a equipment/clean saddle pads/etc that they may not leave at the farm.

I agree!!! The truck in the 2nd photo you posted does not look to have a bed cover on it and the truck on University obviously does. They just do not look to be the same truck ... to me anyway.

Thank you!! I am working on editing these photos and uploading them with text and hopefully it will clear up what I am trying to explain. It's too hard to get someone to understand just by typing!!

I don't recall anyone saying anything about three trucks.

Wait, what?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7985371#post7985371"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7985371#post7985371[/ame]

I always thought (until chicken fried's long post) that MS was going to take a left off st landry onto coliseum and then get on johnston to go home. Why on EARTH would anyone want to go between two barns at 2am in the complete dark in a field? People say she goes this route a lot; but I think if she does, it is NOT AT NIGHT all the time. Nothing good could be happening at 2 am between two barns in a field with no lights to a 22 yr old blonde girl. I would not go back there on my bike during the daylight hours for God's sake. This makes me think this route would not be a route Mickey travels 'all the time'; that the route BW proposed at the parc sans soui (parkside to congress to st mary would be her usual route). But I got confused when BW said this was her usual route because why would she take a left off Congress to get on ST Mary - (argh) to get on the bike path. Does she have to go between two barns to get to bike path if she took BW said 'usual route?' If she went this way often and someone knew it; she was bait for a creep hanging out in an isolated home back there. It was probably unplanned and opportunistic.

i heard that they have a confession. they are holding info till they dredge at butte la rose. supposedly a hit and run.

Not good to say stuff like that on here until there's a legitimate release of that information. Friends and Family members on here. That's a pretty big deal for them to read

I'm sorry to belabor the point about the White z71 but I'm still not getting it.

Yes, I agree, there are only two P/U's in question. The one with the obvious bed lid (show driving north on University I believe) has been eliminated but the one going west on St Landry accross from the circle K is still "in play" To me, the mystery is still the cam shot of the white crew cab going east accross from the Circle K.

Some posters, who appear to be more knowledgeable than me on trucks claim that this white P/U is the same one as the one with the bed lid. (I don't see a bed lid but I am not positive it isn't there).

Others have claimed that LPD has definitly said that the white crew cab going east on St Landry is the same as the one with the Bed lid. I have googled all of the media links and could not find any reference to the crew cab going east on st Landry. Also, strangely, None of the media links seem to have that cam photo. The only original source I could find for it was in the "find mickey now" site and it is no longer there. I find it curious that, at the time LPD was activily seeking out the drivers , they would not use both photos since they give very different perspectives. I'm a little suspicious that the LPD has decided not to talk about this cam photo.

If someone would just provid a media link or something that would put the issue to rest so that we can move on.

jmo~ but I really get the feeling that this IS the vehicle involved in her disappearance AND LE is trying to give this person the opportunity to come forward to them and explain...
Something BW said EARLY on "YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!"
it has just bothered me! :banghead:

I kind of find it hard to believe it was a hit and run. Would there not be blood evidence on the street somewhere and wouldn't the dogs pick up her scent to where the accident may have happened?

However, who's to say that LE doesn't have this evidence? I don't know...

Would not necessarily be blood. Idk how these things work, but I hit a deer Saturday night, and there was no blood. I slammed on my brakes, there was quite a jolt (my Mickey flyers went FLYING all over my truck btw) and a loud thud. I rolled down the window and there it was lying, and I was surprised there was no blood. Just looked asleep.

And maybe they are calling it "hit and run" but actually just mean hit and dump. This COULD be why TS was flown in a helicopter somewhere yesterday, and why they called off the volunteer search, and maybe like this person said, they are trying to get all the info they can before making a big announcement. There have been 2 other posters today that "heard" the same info. I haven't seen it leaked on FB as of yet though. I won't be surprised if it turns up true tomorrow.

I see no movement on the live webcam, if I'm on the correct one.
http://www.trafficland.com/city/LFT/camera/7473/

I can't see much from the cameras. I'm sorry if i jumped the gun and wrote something too soon. i guess i was wondering if any other local with info knew something. i've made myself sick over this. i feel certain my friend would not lie to me. Sorry if the term hit and run doesn't adequately describe what occured. it's my understanding that the guy recently got out of jail. in fear he picked up everything and disposed of it, but is claiming it was a accident. i would love to hear this is all untrue. i truly apologize. for posting what i heard. i didn't realize family would be on here.

The address of the last security camera that saw her would be the 1000 block of St Landry. google address of Lafayette consolidated govt building and you will be close.

If it's NOT on FB yet, maybe there's some truth to it. But likely just a rumor to add to the list of rumors.

Would she have gone to feed it knowing that she would be attending the graduation/etc.. later that day?
How often does one feed a horse if the stables don't?
Daily?

Thanks for this post and thinking outside the box.

Could a map maker please add this location to our last known locations and bike route maps.

willow oaks equestrian
3036 South Fieldspan Road, Duson, LA 70529

JMO

That was the path she always took. She probably felt safer on a more "main" road because it was something that was habitual and familiar to her.

If that was the path she always took, they didn't tell the police that. This from The Advertiser's timeline:

5 p.m. May 24: Police and volunteer coordinators ask businesses and home owners to make sure they review any surveillance footage to see if Shunick may be on them. Several hours of footage have already been reviewed, but the word is spread to check anywhere in Lafayette because friends and authorities don’t know the exact route Shunick took on her way home.

I'm sure she was familiar with the St. Landry route especially when she biked from Ryan to UL. She's also familiar enough to know it takes her to Mel's. And that it's an extra mile to Congress when Congress is only a few feet from Ryan. And if not Congress, why the extra mile all the way down St. Landry?

I don't know... I just think if her friends asked her to go to Mel's earlier, and considering the St. Landry route is a straight shot to Mels but an extra mile to Congress, it's more plausible she took St. Landry to meet her friends at Mels. Or at least to stop be to see if they were still there.

I read the transcript from the radio program...here's something to ponder upon...the fishermen were able to call the tip line since there was a "poster" in the area (it was there before LE got there, they could tell by the tape being used) but I gotta just get this off my chest (I also milled it over w/the LE hubby) do you think a "poster" was left there so the bike COULD be found? Let me clarify, IMO...someone had "prior knowledge" of the bike location. Just throwing this idea out there & something to think about.

I can't see much from the cameras. I'm sorry if i jumped the gun and wrote something too soon. i guess i was wondering if any other local with info knew something. i've made myself sick over this. i feel certain my friend would not lie to me. Sorry is the term hit and run doesn't adequately describe what occured. it's my understanding that the guy recently got out of jail. in fear he picked up everything and disposed of it, but is claiming it was a habit. i would love to hear this is all untrue.

Yeah, there are people who know some things. But it's best they not bring it up until its confirmed, because otherwise it just looks like word of mouth and is hurtful to any family member or friend reading it.

Are the pics/video taken of her on stoplights, businesses, or what? How far apart are the cameras?

Just like every other case I've been following, I'm sure LE has much more info that hasn't been released. JMO

*goes back to feeding kittens*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member