LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's NOT on FB yet, maybe there's some truth to it. But likely just a rumor to add to the list of rumors.

If there is a confession why do they still like to speak to that truck driver? They think it happened near him? So many rumors we've had to hear. It drives me bananzas. I am wasting my days on this story, I cannot get it out of my mind.

Thanks for this post and thinking outside the box.

Could a map maker please add this location to our last known locations and bike route maps.

willow oaks equestrian
3036 South Fieldspan Road, Duson, LA 70529

JMO
I understand it was not close... just a thought...
She loved animals! ANY animal could have made her stop in the middle of her trip... strays etc... moo

If there is a confession why do they still like to speak to that truck driver? They think it happened near him? So many rumors we've had to hear. It drives me bananzas. I am wasting my days on this story, I cannot get it out of my mind.

I don't know. I'm assuming it is just a rumor. I can't get Mickey's story out of my head either.

I understand it was not close... just a thought...
She loved animals! ANY animal could have made her stop in the middle of her trip... strays etc... moo

Well that would make this case just too sad to handle. If she was abducted on her way home while she stopped to pick up a KITTEN. :tears:

Yeah, there are people who know some things. But it's best they not bring it up until its confirmed, because otherwise it just looks like word of mouth and is hurtful to any family member or friend reading it.

Now I'm curious... does that mean you have come across information that hasn't been released? A simple yes or no will do, I won't ask you to give information that you aren't ready to give. I really hope there is more information that the police and family aren't releasing. I hope Mickey will be found soon.

A hit & run?! So where is Mickey? How did her bike get 20+ miles away from where she was last seen? Doesn't hit & run mean the victim and their belongings are left right where they were hit?

I sooooo hope there is a confession, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

No way this was a hit and run. In fact, by definition, it's not a "hit and run" because the perp wouldn't have hit her, then put the bike and her in the car and taken them with him. If he wanted to "run", he wouldn't take the bike and her.

It's possible that it was an intentional hit to disable Mickey. One slight bump on the rear tire and the bike would go flying.

from Facebook page Find Mickey Shunick Now:
The Shunick Family has employed a Private Investigator in the search for Mickey Shunick. Individuals with information pertaining to the case are encouraged to contact Mr. John Abdella at 337-235-0270 in conjunction with the police tip line
http://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow
Just as a general rule, people who are happy with an investigation do not hire private investigators.

Well that would make this case just too sad to handle. If she was abducted on her way home while she stopped to pick up a KITTEN. :tears:
I about got hit in the middle of the road saving a newborn kitten! Mama got hit and killed in the road moving it! The kitten was crouching beside her body
:( SOOoooooooo sad but possible!

Now I'm curious... does that mean you have come across information that hasn't been released? A simple yes or no will do, I won't ask you to give information that you aren't ready to give. I really hope there is more information that the police and family aren't releasing. I hope Mickey will be found soon.

She mentioned continuous video footage on St. Landry that none of us knew!

Oh my gosh! I was not prepared for humor in this thread!

Now I have to start over.

I can't tell if you're serious or not, if this was where I usually hang out I would know it's snark, I was just kidding though. Usually though, people see what they want to see. Not here to offend anyone at all and hope I never do.:peace:

Yes - what else can be said about the white truck? We need to find Mickey!

Look, NOBODY here has forgotten Mickey. I have her all over my Facebook and I think of her when I go to bed and when I wake up. People have discussed everything that's known, including vehicles, because THAT'S ALL WE HAVE. Understand? A vehicle was used to transport her and the bike so it's relevant. That said, talking on the internet won't find Mickey so unless you're out there combing Louisiana, you aren't going to find her.

chicken fried--

She was last spotted in front of circle k on the corner of St. Landry and University. She didn't appear at 224 St. Landry on their camera (according to press release saying no additional footage had been found).

I don't imagine her going to Mel's because she had eaten quickly at BW's and was heading home--she had to be at her brother's graduation in 9.5 hrs.

I hope LE comes up with some answers soon, though!

Edit to add: I don't think she would have gotten off St. Landry either--her normal path was go to down St. Landry to Coliseum and hop on the bike path. I'd love to know why she detoured.
I do not think people are speculating that she did detour. I think her usual bike path according to BW at the parc sans soui on sunday the day after she was missing said " she would have gone rt on parkside, left on congress, left on st mary to the bike path". She must have felt comfortable and done this many times before from BW house to her own home. SO I would consider the route she actually took home A DETOUR from her known usual rout from a best friend. My question is: if she went BW proposed route how does she get on the bike path from st mary? does this mean her usual route is to go to st landry (from st mary from congress) and go down st landry to coliseum ALL THE TIME? If so, we are talking about someone who knew she went between these barns all the time. AS in avid cyclist probably has been told, they should vary their routes. I was always told that growing up.

I can't tell if you're serious or not, if this was where I usually hang out I would know it's snark, I was just kidding though. Usually though, people see what they want to see. Not here to offend anyone at all and hope I never do.:peace:

Just joshing'

No worries.

Made my literally LOL, so thanks. ;-)

Well, so far, I see nothing on the live webcams, but sometimes, they will say, video temporarily unavailable, don't know if that's normal, or if someone is messing with them.

:banghead:

I really realllllly wish people would just take the time to read fully before asking the same old questions, and yes I aware how long it takes. I left home around 1pm and got back at 3:30 and it took me til 5:30 to catch up. But, I'd rather do that and know everything that's going on, than ask something stupid that's been answered multiple times. And the people who do it sometimes even say "Oh, I'm sure this has already been asked, but..." YES! It's been asked and answered, asked again and answered yet again, and on and on and on.

If, at the 13th thead you are still wondering why they can't just ping her phone and go get her today, or want to talk about ghostly figures in pics of this truck and that truck, puh-LEASE go back and R-E-A-D first.

That is all.

eta: Sorry I'm cranky!

With all due respect, some of us don't have time to read the umpteenth threads on the case. Some, like myself, have a full-time job, school work, a toddler, a family to cook and clean for and it's just not possible for us to read every post on every thread. I can only speak for myself, but I can say it's very difficult. I think it takes a lot less time for someone to be kind and simply answer a question than it does for some of us to play catch up. If the the threads and post weren't so frequent, it might be possible. That is not the case, though. I'm not trying to be rude, just asking that you be considerate to those of us who don't have much time to read, but are still interested in the facts and bringing Mickey home. I will step off of my soap box now.

No way this was a hit and run. In fact, by definition, it's not a "hit and run" because the perp wouldn't have hit her, then put the bike and her in the car and taken them with him. If he wanted to "run", he wouldn't take the bike and her.

It's possible that it was an intentional hit to disable Mickey. One slight bump on the rear tire and the bike would go flying.

Maybe someone pulled a tonya harding? I've read she was an avid horse racer and would compete in competitions...

Well, so far, I see nothing on the live webcams, but sometimes, they will say, video unavailable, don't know if that's normal, or if someone is messing with them.

Maybe they will wait until tomorrow-its getting dark-maybe they don't want to start something they can't finish tonight-the only reason I can think of!

With all due respect, some of us don't have time to read the umpteenth threads on the case. Some, like myself, have a full-time job, school work, a toddler, a family to cook and clean for and it's just not possible for us to read every post on every thread. I can only speak for myself, but I can say it's very difficult. I think it takes a lot less time for someone to be kind and simply answer a question than it does for some of us to play catch up. If the the threads and post weren't so frequent, it might be possible. That is not the case, though. I'm not trying to be rude, just asking that you be considerate to those of us who don't have much time to read, but are still interested in the facts and bringing Mickey home. I will step off of my soap box now.

I have suggested, that when you first sign in, come to the latest posts, go back about 3-4 pages, read forward and most likely your question will have already been answered. If not, then ask it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw