LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone! I've been lurking around for the past week and spent the last few days reading.. trying to catch up on all that was posted.
Ya'll are so welcoming.. I wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

Way back in these post is was brought up that maybe she choose the route she did she did because she wasn't going straight home. Maybe she was going to visit a "friend" who lived in the saints street area. I had bee kind of wondering this myself. Otherwise, it seems the congress route home would have made more sense for someone not feeling well/tired.
Anybody thought maybe she actually made it to where ever she was going and that's where something happened to her? I know since the damaged bike has been found the focus is on the idea that she was hit. But I just can't believe that she was hit or taken by force and there is NO evidence on the street somewhere. (Although I do agree that we don't know everything).

I've also wondered why, In everything I've read, the idea that something was wrong didn't really occur until she didn't show up for her brother's graduation. At least that's the way its been presented.I haven't read or heard anything about the family being concerned because she wasn't there that morning. If that's that case, maybe it wasn't unusual for her to occasionally stay out all night and the family not know ahead of time. They could have assumed she would be at the graduation, because it was important to her.
But- in such a close family on this important day- wouldn't they call and and make sure, that morning, that everything was ok. And when they couldn't get her on the phone, start calling her friends? ----> These are just my wandering thoughts- coming from being in a close family, as a former 21 year old who occasionally stayed out all night without telling her parents and now as a mom.

(answer to one question)
AbbiJae, I think the Schunick family & friends began their search for her 05/20/2012 at 10:30 AM.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...ed-missing?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Shunick’s family and friends have organized a search party at 100 Ryan St. at 10:30 a.m. today. Anyone who is able to take part in the search is asked to do so. Search party members also will be distributing flyers.

Chicken fried and I both think it may be the truck in question and may have been circling back after taking MS. Think she would have ducted in to the parking lot---he followed and trapped her somehow...or the truck may have driven and lay in wait where she would have exited.

I was never hit, but almost did hit a child in a urban setting. I was driving down a small downtown side street and the child came out of nowhere from an alley. Didn't slow down or look. You talk about heart failure! This could work in reverse also...car coming out of an alley and may have struck her back wheel. Also had a near miss where I was driving down an alley looking at property for sale and a homeowner pulled out of his driveway without looking first... our cars were within a inch of each other after we stopped..and I had just purchased mine that week.:what: Many alleys in that area of Landry?
Thank you for pondering this photo with me. I agree that it looks like our DWTIQ. That is an interesting scenario I had not pondered. Perhaps a vehicle hit MS up by the funeral home and this truck was behind her and saw it and tried to help but could not.

IIRC, BW stated it was a free night in one of his interviews. Anyone else remember that?

Are you sure? I remember reading something about the show MS went to at Artmospher being a fundraiser/charity event of some sort.

Thank you for pondering this photo with me. I agree that it looks like our DWTIQ. That is an interesting scenario I had not pondered. Perhaps a vehicle hit MS up by the funeral home and this truck was behind her and saw it and tried to help but could not.

In order for a funeral home scenario to have occurred, Wouldn't she have been seen on the camera further down Landry?

Nope. A few people here and there. Not a whole lot of searching going on in that area, period

Several days ago there was a piece of black something that could have come off a car, at instersection of Johnston and Calder. I didn't pay attention cuz that was before I was paying attention. Also haven't been back that way since. Wonder if any of you saw it.

Chicken fried and I both think it may be the truck in question and may have been circling back after taking MS. Think she would have ducted in to the parking lot---he followed and trapped her somehow...or the truck may have driven and lay in wait where she would have exited.

I was never hit, but almost did hit a child in a urban setting. I was driving down a small downtown side street and the child came out of nowhere from an alley. Didn't slow down or look. You talk about heart failure! This could work in reverse also...car coming out of an alley and may have struck her back wheel. Also had a near miss where I was driving down an alley looking at property for sale and a homeowner pulled out of his driveway without looking first... our cars were within a inch of each other after we stopped..and I had just purchased mine that week.:what: Many alleys in that area of Landry?
I would not say 'alleys" per se. Lots of old torn up sidewalks. Lots of narrow sidestreets I would not go down even in daylight. Only alleys are by the hospitals; I know of one on Brashear by the imaging hospital and I swear I have stared/ locked eyes with a potential serieal killer in that area delivering stuff at night. I was spooked beyond belief; that is why I keep thinking it could have happened there. That MS took a left on Brashear and the truck followed her and took her into that alleyway by the imaging hospital. He then would have to circle back around and come out where this photo were taken.

What? Not understanding. The truck, you postulate, is being sought not because its driver is involved in Mickey's disappearance but because he or she "saw it and tried to help"? Well perhaps, but if pigs could fly perhaps we would all have airmail bacon.

Great meeting you, too! What a coincidence, meeting at the Circle K.

OK, this is new info for me. Are you pretty sure that there are two cameras pointed at the west LCG parking lot?

And it was another camera pointed at the Circle K?

Yes, certainly if the lot is covered by camera, then that changes everything. But if so, then let me ask you this -

has any reliable source specifically said that there were cameras on that side of the bulding, and that they covered the parking lot?

If they were, then either LE is sitting on it, or they were erased for some reason. I will say one thing here - Lafayette Government is very political and tight-knit. If there were a problem with the footage on those cameras, I have to say that I wouldn't eliminate the thought that may that is being withheld to prevent embarrassment to Lafayette Consolidated Government. They may be withholding that info until they feel they have to..

But that is just speculation, based upon the political intrigues that Lafayette is famous for. Some really hard inside baseball goes on here. . I really would like to know if you have the time/ability to link where it was said about the cameras you refer to. Because if I read you right, you're saying that one camera was pointed at Circle K, and two others at the west lot?

It was great meeting you! The problem with the theory of her taking the shortcut through the LUS/LCG parking lot is that the building has cameras on all sides of it. For her to use any part of the parking lot to slip over to azalea she would have been picked up by multiple cameras.

If you are looking at the LUS/LCG building from St. Landry, I think you believe she would have gone to the left of the building through the parking lot and out the back to Azalea. She would have had to pass directly in view of TWO security cameras on that side of the building. There are no pics of her there. The police say the pic of her in front of Circle K is the last known pic of her. That pic was taken by one of the cameras on the LUS/LCG building.

I believe she would have had to take Brashear because of this.

she would have been picked up on camera, the one that caught the old vehicle. She would have had to pass that one.

But what if that particular camera only recorded every 5-10-20 seconds instead of a continuous recording? What of she did pass there and wasn't captured? She could be right outside of the frame.

I just thought it (OnStar) could be helpful in the future, if the truck has it.

It's known that many men enjoy high-end options on their recreational vehicles so OnStar could well have been one of them in this case. If this was an accidental H&R and subsequent cover-up then the Unsub might have turned off OnStar after the incident occurred to avoid a cyber footprint.

In the tragic case of Greg Etue of Ottawa, Canada earlier this year, LE was able to quickly determine that the tracking technology in his vehicle had not been turned on. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160531"]Found Deceased Canada - Greg Etue, 56, Ottawa, 16 January 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

But what if that particular camera only recorded every 5-10-20 seconds instead of a continuous recording? What of she did pass there and wasn't captured? She could be right outside of the frame.

I think it was ACI that said that camera is a continuous recording one.

she would have been picked up on camera, the one that caught the old vehicle. She would have had to pass that one.

Thanks for that!! You are correct - she would have appeared on the 224 St.L camera if she got as far as the FH. Double thumbs up. You are providing me key missing info, and I appreciate it!

:tyou:

Hello all,

I have been following this forum for a while and this is my first post. Forgive me if someone else has noticed this odd coincidence, but has anyone searched for "215 St. Landry St. Lafayette, LA" on google maps and looked at the street view?

If you click street view, you will find a white Z71 truck in the picture. If you move around a bit with the arrows, you can get a better picture of it. I realize that A) There are thousands of white Z71's in Lafayette and B) This picture was taken in April 2009, but it certainly looks a lot like the truck in question.

My thought is that LE could contact google based on this coincidence and ask them to clear the purposely blurred license plate...

If you have a chance to check this out, let me know your thoughts. I grew up in Louisiana, my husband is from Lafayette (attended USL), and we are very hopeful that MS will be found alive and safe.

Hi Everyone! I've been lurking around for the past week and spent the last few days reading.. trying to catch up on all that was posted.
Ya'll are so welcoming.. I wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

Way back in these post is was brought up that maybe she choose the route she did she did because she wasn't going straight home. Maybe she was going to visit a "friend" who lived in the saints street area. I had bee kind of wondering this myself. Otherwise, it seems the congress route home would have made more sense for someone not feeling well/tired.
Anybody thought maybe she actually made it to where ever she was going and that's where something happened to her? I know since the damaged bike has been found the focus is on the idea that she was hit. But I just can't believe that she was hit or taken by force and there is NO evidence on the street somewhere. (Although I do agree that we don't know everything).

I've also wondered why, In everything I've read, the idea that something was wrong didn't really occur until she didn't show up for her brother's graduation. At least that's the way its been presented.I haven't read or heard anything about the family being concerned because she wasn't there that morning. If that's that case, maybe it wasn't unusual for her to occasionally stay out all night and the family not know ahead of time. They could have assumed she would be at the graduation, because it was important to her.
But- in such a close family on this important day- wouldn't they call and and make sure, that morning, that everything was ok. And when they couldn't get her on the phone, start calling her friends? ----> These are just my wandering thoughts- coming from being in a close family, as a former 21 year old who occasionally stayed out all night without telling her parents and now as a mom.

I think they were very worried before hand but when she didn't show up for the graduation, that's when it became a panic and they called police.

Would you say that the LCG lot cutthrough is pretty widely known and used to walkers or bikers, e.g. MS would likely have known about it, and maybe had it on her radar?

What I don't like about Azalea (I used to walk/bike this 'hood often - never at night) is that where Azalea crosses over St. Mary is usually a cluster $@$$&! Pardon my French. Even in a car its difficult. It's like bent 4 way on a curve with no one able to really see plus the cars traveling on St. Mary are going FAST.

There is no 'parking lot' at that funeral home. There is a wide circular driveway in 'front' which would be facing the same direction as MS is looking. I forget the name of the street that is the front of the funeral home. But there is no parking lot to it. I have been to funerals ther and I have to park on a side street. everyone has to exceptthe vehicles in the funeral procession; they line up in the circle in front.

Would you say that the LCG lot cutthrough is pretty widely known and used to walkers or bikers, e.g. MS would likely have known about it, and maybe had it on her radar?
I am a walker (I have not brought my bike to Lafayette). I would consider myself a local and I did not know you could get to the bike path through the govt building through st streets. where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub