LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I'm activated....

Here's what I think happened:

First, I'll state Louisiana has the worst roads in the United States. I've had experience riding on a bike like hers in New Orleans (of all places). I was riding one day and my rear tire got stuck in a crack and when I tried to turn out of it, the result was unhappiness. Bent rim, dislodged tire.

I thought this was a possibility. I've also considered the possibility that her phone was dead. If she injured her bike after that last still and the Z-71 was moving away from her, maybe he saw in his rear mirror her falling off the bike. He U-turned and saw his opportunity. She probably thought a Good Samaritan and accepted a ride, which for all we know at this point, he was. He could've dropped her off somewhere else (but that's not considered a possibility).

I think she's been deceased since the day she went missing and if they didn't search Whiskey Bay for a week after she went missing, they'll never find her. I also think the Picayune, MS case is linked to this one. A simple interstate change in Baton Rouge puts you on I-12.

I think the guy was impulsive, I don't think it was "planned". I think that once he got Mickey, he could do it again...in another state. I think the guy's late 30's - early 40's. He's a repeat offender, but he hasn't done it in a while (on record).

I've had some experience working on a certain case involving a hurricane and a bridge with some police officers, as well as helping out on a few other cases. I'm not an expert, but I rely on knowledge/statistics.

But what if that particular camera only recorded every 5-10-20 seconds instead of a continuous recording? What of she did pass there and wasn't captured? She could be right outside of the frame.
A.T.I. verified that that camera is continually recording.

There is no 'parking lot' at that funeral home. There is a wide circular driveway in 'front' which would be facing the same direction as MS is looking. I forget the name of the street that is the front of the funeral home. But there is no parking lot to it. I have been to funerals ther and I have to park on a side street. everyone has to exceptthe vehicles in the funeral procession; they line up in the circle in front.

Yes there is a parking lot. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338483953.288117.jpg

Hi LaffySleuth, and welcome to WS. :rollercoaster:

A post by Chicken Fried from the last thread:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #14

I'm still slightly confused about the Whiskey Bay bridge vs the Basin bridge even after seeing the included pix..It looks to me like the exit ramp is on the Basin bridge & not the Whiskey Bay but no matter cos what's really imp to me are these 2 things.

Is State Route 975 where we see all the LE vehicles parked & the media standing? Where the perp also had been to dump the bike if it wasn't thrown from the bridge? I assume so since it's the only road I can see in the entire area.

To the right of what's very obviously a body of water (Whiskey Bay Pilot Channel) is more water very close to the road..Is this where they were searching for that so-called possible "evidence" last night? Is this where the bike was found submerged in water? To the left looks too far away & where is the access to it? I admit I stink at these visuals so I may be way off base..Btw! If I wasn't told that was water I'd still be thinking it wasn't cos of the funky color of it & the look of the area in general..I hope this is making some sense to someone else? :)

WB exit is on Basin bridge. Yes, 975 is it. I do not think the bike was dumped in the Pilot Channel (to the west). Too hard to heave it out there, and the water is fast moving and I think with even one inflated tire it would have moved. Media said it was found under the Basin bridge. That tells me either it was thrown off the Basin bridge to the east of the boat launch, or the perp had a boat.

Last night they were likely searching the work canal to the east of the boat launch (between the I-10 twinspans) Someone posted here last night that their buddy drove past and that's where all the lights were.

Everything I have read tells me that the search is east of the boat launch, NOT in the Pilot Channel or under the Whiskey Bay bridge.

Hello all,

I have been following this forum for a while and this is my first post. Forgive me if someone else has noticed this odd coincidence, but has anyone searched for "215 St. Landry St. Lafayette, LA" on google maps and looked at the street view?

If you click street view, you will find a white Z71 truck in the picture. If you move around a bit with the arrows, you can get a better picture of it. I realize that A) There are thousands of white Z71's in Lafayette and B) This picture was taken in April 2009, but it certainly looks a lot like the truck in question.

My thought is that LE could contact google based on this coincidence and ask them to clear the purposely blurred license plate...

If you have a chance to check this out, let me know your thoughts. I grew up in Louisiana, my husband is from Lafayette (attended USL), and we are very hopeful that MS will be found alive and safe.

That is a little creepy, when you look at it.

Welcome!

It was great meeting you! The problem with the theory of her taking the shortcut through the LUS/LCG parking lot is that the building has cameras on all sides of it. For her to use any part of the parking lot to slip over to azalea she would have been picked up by multiple cameras.

If you are looking at the LUS/LCG building from St. Landry, I think you believe she would have gone to the left of the building through the parking lot and out the back to Azalea. She would have had to pass directly in view of TWO security cameras on that side of the building. There are no pics of her there. The police say the pic of her in front of Circle K is the last known pic of her. That pic was taken by one of the cameras on the LUS/LCG building.

I believe she would have had to take Brashear because of this.
In the last known pic of MS she is hugging the right side of st landry. Brashear is very close on the left side of st landry. Bikers usually gaze in directions that they are about to go; she is gazing straight ahead. IF I had plans to go left I would have been more centrally located on St landry on that bike. Which leads me to believe that once she realized she was being followed by DWTIQ that she was very very near brashear and had not planned on taking that left. I still want to believe she went further down st landry..and am thinking she probably did. In front of a vacant funeral home with no activity and no security camera and a closed outpatient primary care medical facility across the street; not much around IMHO.

There is no 'parking lot' at that funeral home. There is a wide circular driveway in 'front' which would be facing the same direction as MS is looking. I forget the name of the street that is the front of the funeral home. But there is no parking lot to it. I have been to funerals ther and I have to park on a side street. everyone has to exceptthe vehicles in the funeral procession; they line up in the circle in front.

There is definitely a parking lot behind but a little off the side of the funeral home. I know this b/c I recently attended a funeral there :(
It's pretty close to the coulee too

Anybody asking more questions about Whiskey Bay, here's my [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7988379&postcount=772"]post last night which gives more details::[/ame]

I think the guy was impulsive, I don't think it was "planned". I think that once he got Mickey, he could do it again...in another state. I think the guy's late 30's - early 40's. He's a repeat offender, but he hasn't done it in a while (on record).

Is that age guess based on stats?

Are we talking Martin &Castille? B/c there is a parking lot there.

eta: I see several others have beat me to it and even shown pics. Can't keep up!

In the last known pic of MS she is hugging the right side of st landry. Brashear is very close on the left side of st landry. Bikers usually gaze in directions that they are about to go; she is gazing straight ahead. IF I had plans to go left I would have been more centrally located on St landry on that bike. Which leads me to believe that once she realized she was being followed by DWTIQ that she was very very near brashear and had not planned on taking that left. I still want to believe she went further down st landry..and am thinking she probably did. In front of a vacant funeral home with no activity and no security camera and a closed outpatient primary care medical facility across the street; not much around IMHO.

bbm: jmhoo but those pictures were so grainy and difficult to make out it is almost impossible to see what she was gazing at or what direction she was gazing in.

:moo:

Shelly, Martin and Castille has a security camera. We don't know if any footage was recovered. I'm getting a little concerned that your statements aren't based on facts. I know you mean well though.

But what if that particular camera only recorded every 5-10-20 seconds instead of a continuous recording? What of she did pass there and wasn't captured? She could be right outside of the frame.

Good question. Is there any info on which cameras were continuous and which ones time-lapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne