LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the grainy surveillance picture it looks white.

Are we sure it is white or could it be a silver color like the one in the big pic just posted?

Still checking in...crossing fingers for some news tonight...anything!

There's been a large amount of information that is circulating between friends/husbands/wives/cousins, etc (which accounts for much of the area) ...precise details available from two or more sources that implies legitimacy, oftentimes with a reference to having gotten it on the QT from someone in LE or someone who knows someone in LE ...but nothing official released to corroborate one way or the other. Everyone (rhetorical use of 'everyone') knows it's out there but no one is confirming ....I think this is why Lafayette is so on edge right now.

Ok.....????

I also know men who were asked to "voluntarily" submit their DNA back then. There were a few cases where the men declined, and LE didn't react very positively to that. Some men who refused had their names linked to the public, had their employers contacted with insinuations that the guys had something to hide.....and these men were ALL innocent. I am not a fan of DNA dragnets, and personally think it violates ou civil rights.

I sincerely hope it does not become a tactic that LE uses again.

I agree about the DNA dragnets! My dad wasn't concerned and it's not
A big deal to him but yeah, I'm with you there. What I meant was- I wonder if they have been/can pull registrations up and start there. Not DNA requests like in DTL.

In the grainy surveillance picture it looks white.

Are we sure it is white or could it be a silver color like the one in the big pic just posted?

It was identified as a white Chevy Z71 in the photo releases.

I sent Cpl. Mouton an email late this evening with some questions and suggestions.....something I never thought I would find myself doing because I am quite aware that LE owes us nothing, but if they seriously need our help to locate the truck, they need to clarify a few things or I for one will be calling the tip line every day, possibly multiple times in order to report Z71's I come across, which I think would hinder the search more than help. :(

were there volunteer searches today?

i went with a search group today. i wont say where exactly we were, in case there are bad people reading this thread....but suffice it to say that we were at least 10 miles from lafayette( and not at whiskey bay)

no big news from headQ. we are just hitting the ground, doing what we can.

(i went through the most densely wooded area for 3 hours...after lots of thorns, sweat, and spiders, i need a drink.)

I agree about the DNA dragnets! My dad wasn't concerned and it's not
A big deal to him but yeah, I'm with you there. What I meant was- I wonder if they have been/can pull registrations up and start there. Not DNA requests like in DTL.

I think I heard on the news this morning that there are in excess of 10,000 registered Chevy Z71's in Louisiana.....many of that number in the ACADIANA area.

I am sure that LE is looking at registrations, but it could take months to go through them!

I can't get past the search that happened last night. At what point, and why, did they decide to go out there? Did someone tip them off? And to call the Chief and Dee Stanley, just seems so odd. I know we as the general public won't get the answers, but I just can't shake the questions.

So it can't be as simple as TES was there all day yesterday and then there was an object of interest that looked like a body but then it was just a log?

BREAKING NEWS

Rocky Mcgee intereviewed by police.

I wonder how much of the private property in the Lafayette area is being searched. I went on some of the volunteer searches with and we were only allowed access to public property.
Most of the time private property is not searched by TES, unless permission is given. On one search in Beaumont, TX, a volunteer on the team, knew the owner of some private property and made the call. They gave permission and the team found the remains of Timothy Richard.

Maybe someone needs to make a big WS poster and hold it up so we can all meet up. Has anyone here searched under TES? Are they picking groups or can you choose?

Right now I'm approaching BR on my way from NOLA to Texas for a graduation tomorrow. Sure wish I had time to join y'all for the search. I'll be praying for you to bring Mickey home Godspeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member