LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think he couldve gotten out of Lafayette and not got caught on another camera. Theres only so many ways to I-10
Maybe Carmel Drive/Breaux Bridge Hwy to I-10.

According to Google Earth, it is about 13 miles from Butte La Rose to the I-10 bridge at Whiskey Bay. At least another 4-5 miles, if the boat was put in at the levee. That is somewhere between 25-35 miles roundtrip. What sort of timeframe are we looking at to make such a trip? I realize will depend on the boat and the motor. A rough window.

Is this correct, that if the boat was put in at Butte Rose, it would have had to go under the I-10 bridge (at the other end) to get upstream of I-10 in the pilot channel? Still on the geography & lingo learning curve here.

I had a horrible day today trying to get lab work and at the doctor anyway. While sitting forever I was thinking about this case. One thing really hit me. When I was in my teens and early 20's. I would either ride my bike or be walking and so many times a car would pass me with a guy and cat call out, or just stare at me. A few times (gosh more then 10 times at least) a car would pass me, stare, go around the block and come back to get another look.

I was thinking this is what happened, and instead the 2nd time of keep driving, he stopped, or bumped her, she fell off, and he might have acted like "Oh My Gosh, I'm so sorry, let me take you to the hospital" BOOM, she is now in his control.

Yes, me too...and if this happened frequently, she might not have thought anything of it until it was too late.

Perfectly good theory. I think all this talk about a drunk-related accident really took off in the last 24 hours with the rumors swirling around McGee. He has apparently been cleared by police.

Or released, at any rate.

I'm calling horse-pucky on the 'sick and tired' deal.

Someone who feels 'sick and tired' do not bike four miles home.

Of course, that could just be "okay, I'm not feeling up to hanging out with BW anymore tonight, but I like him as a friend so I will spare his feelings, so I'll just tell him I feel sick/tired/etc.".

Just a thought.

@mahmoo and mamamia

How do they get to those routes FROM st. Landry withought being caught on one single camera? Theyre on video somewhere.

Let me clarify the route, West St Mary's, to Parkside Dr, then onto 182, that would cut off the cam that took the pic of the other white truck.

Just to make sure, you do know that 182 is University Ave.? Just didn't want you to have some missing info.

I'm calling horse-pucky on the 'sick and tired' deal.

Someone who feels 'sick and tired' do not bike four miles home.

By multiple accounts (including one from her own sister), Mickey Shunick had a hang-over the day/night she went missing. She was felt unwell enough that she avoided alcohol that night, but well enough that she biked downtown and hung out with a group of friends until the early morning hours. She was too tired, as many people would be, to continue hanging out with friends after 1:30AM.

By the logic that someone who feels sick and tired wouldn't bike four miles home, you could also say that someone who feels sick and tired wouldn't ride a bike four miles so they can hang out with friends until well after midnight, either.

We know for a fact that Mickey felt well enough to do both.

Is this correct, that if the boat was put in at Butte Rose, it would have had to go under the I-10 bridge (at the other end) to get upstream of I-10 in the pilot channel? Still on the geography & lingo learning curve here.

Correct. He would have passed by the Atchafalaya Visitors Center which is under that bridge on the west bank. The river is not terribly visible from there, though, so he might avoid detection.

I must have missed the post.are you speaking of the lot on St Mary? What do you want to know?

I just want him to look around there and see if there are any cams around, or anywhere secluded enough where someone could have knocked her off her bike in that area and no one could have seen. Just basically check that area and the buses back there.

Of course, that could just be "okay, I'm not feeling up to hanging out with BW anymore tonight, but I like him as a friend so I will spare his feelings, so I'll just tell him I feel sick/tired/etc.".

Just a thought.

My thought, as well

Perfectly good theory. I think all this talk about a drunk-related accident really took off in the last 24 hours with the rumors swirling around McGee. He has apparently been cleared by police.

Do you have a link about him being cleared? Thanks!

It's possible that the white truck was caught on video somewhere on the way to I-10 but because people didn't know they were looking for this white truck, the video may now be erased.

By multiple accounts (including one from her own sister), Mickey Shunick had a hang-over the day/night she went missing. She was felt unwell enough that she avoided alcohol that night, but well enough that she biked downtown and hung out with a group of friends until the early morning hours. She was too tired, as many people would be, to continue hanging out with friends after 1:30AM.

By the logic that someone who feels sick and tired wouldn't bike four miles home, you could also say that someone who feels sick and tired wouldn't ride a bike four miles so they can hang out with friends until well after midnight, either.

We know for a fact that Mickey felt well enough to do both.

Maybe she hit the wall at 1:30a. Having a when you're young, you can still function with a hangover - but at the end of the night you burn out earlier. You know young people. they'll still go out hungover, just to be with friends. But that doesn't mean she wasn't too tired to leave early. I still don't quite get why BW didn't take her home.... except MS seems stubborn and does things her own way, and BW doesn't seem like the type to stand up to a stubborn person. She said "I'm leaving" and he said OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne