LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to start interviewing people who are known to frequently access the pilot channel / work canal area. Check out their vehicles, get as many names of acquaintances as possible.

Interview one person, clear them, but get names from them and just continue looking at as many of those people as possible.

Darn near impossible, IMO. Thousands could be considered to frequently access the area.

Assuming tire tracks were found at the bike dump (only GMA said so)... It was what, 8 days after she went missing? what are the chances they were the perps tire tracks?

Also to note- CS said again last night that she believes MS is alive. I don't know how much of that is hope on their part or how much LE is talking to the family. I wish I knew.

CS is very intellectual. She may be trying to employ the power of positive thinking to affect the outcome.

I'm not sure about that. Tired, yes. I don't know of anyone who's feeling under the weather deliberately eating Taco Bell food. And driving to get it, no less. I don't buy the not feeling well angle.

I am simply going by what BW said about Mickey. She was tired, hungry and also said she was not feel well. He thought perhaps she had too much to drink the night before...he said she did not drink anything the night she disappeared. We speculated how someone who is feeling a bit sick could stomach Taco Bell...but this is what he said. Mickey wanted to leave Artmosphere early because she was feeling a bit sick, hungry and tired.

Has anyone looked in the cemetery for her?

Sorry about the creepy post.

According to Google Earth, it is about 13 miles from Butte La Rose to the I-10 bridge at Whiskey Bay. At least another 4-5 miles, if the boat was put in at the levee. That is somewhere between 25-35 miles roundtrip. What sort of timeframe are we looking at to make such a trip? I realize will depend on the boat and the motor. A rough window.
Good point. There are camps closer to the I-10 bridge than the Butte La Rose area though. For what it's worth, we used to have a camp out in the Basin that was only accessible by boat. Can't remember exactly how long it used to take us to get there in the boat but seems like it was a good 20-25 minute ride.

I'm just grasping at straws as far as possibilities. For all we know the perp could have dumped the bike at WB got back on 10 and continued heading East (or whatever direction) and still had MS with him :dunno:.

Thanks - great work! Rough search weather. That was NASTY little storm yesterday.

Glad to hear of the intensive search in the area. i wish they could use sonar on the portion of the Pilot Channel north of the bridge, up to the first camp on the right.

Yeah it was nasty indeed. But I figured I was already out there, so **** it. Not implying that I searched every single camp or even close to it. But it was a ton of areas where someone logistically may go. And I just didnt see anything that triggered my spidey-senses. Plus like I said, there are suprisingly a lot of people at their camps. I dont think Id risk being near anyone at all if I were hiding a body. Id want total seclusion to, there, and from.

The bike was intact with damage to rear tire rim. The question is why did the perp choose to not break or cut up the bike before disposal. It is a good question.

The description of the bike does not seem like a DUI where she was grievously injured. To me,a bent back rim seems more like a purposeful 'bump'--designed to knock her out of control of the bike and get her into the car.

If someone killed her in an accident, imo, the bike would have been seriously mangled. I know it is possible that she fell and hit her head and died, but that is pretty rare occurrence, imo.

I am simply going by what BW said about Mickey. She was tired, hungry and also said she was not feel well. He thought perhaps she had too much to drink the night before...he said she did not drink anything the night she disappeared. We speculated how someone who is feeling a bit sick could stomach Taco Bell...but this is what he said. Mickey wanted to leave Artmosphere early because she was feeling a bit sick, hungry and tired.

I'm calling horse-pucky on the 'sick and tired' deal.

Someone who feels 'sick and tired' do not bike four miles home.

She wanted her friends to leave Artmosphere early to go to Mel's Diner and eat. They didn't want to leave yet. So she and BW left early - then her friends called/texted and said NOW we want to go to Mel's, but she had already eaten and was ready to go home.

If she was ready to go to Mel's earlier, and they had gone with her, they'd all have gone to Mel's. That makes me discount she made some other side trip and was just making an excuse to BW.

One thing we haven't talked about, is on what route did this guy go? I mean if it's the Z 71, or not, which way out to I 10 could he have gone, and not gotten caught on any cams?

Haha. That makes me imagine some sort of Benny Hill style chase of people running in circles. Then the guy stops and poses amongst a bunch of mannequins and hopes no one notices he's real. Then the goofy-assed police all go slipping by on banana peels.

BTW its on my bucket list to cause someone to inadvertently slip on a banana peel. So if you ever see a news report about a serial banana-slipper *******, you know where to find me. :D

I really don't like what this guy BW has to say.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he had something to do with it. Just because he can pass a polygraph (to which we still don't have the full results or what questions were asked) doesn't mean he's innocent.

In my opinion, if she would have been killed by accident, the perp would have most likely thrown the body and bike in the bed of the truck (to avoid smell or evidence inside his truck)then got on the highway,maybe traveled at most an hour or two away ,and picked a good place to dump both the body and bike where they would not be looked for. The fact that the bike was found somewhat near where she disappeared, but not the body leads me to believe it was an abduction,as the perp didn't take that much time too ditch the bike too far away.He was in a hurry,dumped the unneeded bike, and went on his way with Mickey who most likely was tied up or handcuffed.He could have a house in an area where the neighbors are far away from each other.It would be easy to take a kidnapped girl to your house if you didn't have any nearby neighbors.She could still be alive and it is possible if Mickey is clever and the right moment comes ,that she could get away.

One thing we haven't talked about, is on what route did this guy go? I mean if it's the Z 71, or not, which way out to I 10 could he have gone, and not gotten caught on any cams?

I dont think he couldve gotten out of Lafayette and not got caught on another camera. Theres only so many ways to I-10

Darn near impossible, IMO. Thousands could be considered to frequently access the area.

But all you have to do is start somewhere.

They could put out a request through media:
"If you know anyone who accesses [that area] and has a white truck, please contact LE."

Yeah it was nasty indeed. But I figured I was already out there, so **** it. Not implying that I searched every single camp or even close to it. But it was a ton of areas where someone logistically may go. And I just didnt see anything that triggered my spidey-senses. Plus like I said, there are suprisingly a lot of people at their camps. I dont think Id risk being near anyone at all if I were hiding a body. Id want total seclusion to, there, and from.

Downstream of the last camp, you have seclusion on the water:

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx23/domerally10/Pilot_channel_1.jpg

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx23/domerally10/Pilot_Channel_2.jpg

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx23/domerally10/Pilot_Channel_3.jpg

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx23/domerally10/W_Bay_labeled.jpg

BTW its on my bucket list to cause someone to inadvertently slip on a banana peel. So if you ever see a news report about a serial banana-slipper *******, you know where to find me. :D

My 4yr old has done it. :)

In my opinion, if she would have been killed by accident, the perp would have most likely thrown the body and bike in the bed of the truck (to avoid smell or evidence inside his truck)then got on the highway,maybe traveled at most an hour or two away ,and picked a good place to dump both the body and bike where they would not be looked for. The fact that the bike was found somewhat near where she disappeared, but not the body leads me to believe it was an abduction,as the perp didn't take that much time too ditch the bike too far away.He was in a hurry,dumped the unneeded bike, and went on his way with Mickey who most likely was tied up or handcuffed.He could have a house in an area where the neighbors are far away from each other.It would be easy to take a kidnapped girl to your house if you didn't have any nearby neighbors.She could still be alive and it is possible if Mickey is clever and the right moment comes ,that she could get away.

Perfectly good theory. I think all this talk about a drunk-related accident really took off in the last 24 hours with the rumors swirling around McGee. He has apparently been cleared by police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3