LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion the big white blotch in the photo isn't even sitting on the road.Looks like there is a sewer drain below it .

(head slap). Yes. The white blob. To the left of utility pole and right of speed sign. It is on the OThER side of the gutter

But, I have been saying all along that she was stopped and appears to be pointing with her left hand. Unless she was just about to turn and issuing a hand signal? I don't know biker turn signals. Could someone help me out here?

That photo comparison is nice, but it just seems to prove her position is peddling.

I have also long thought she was stopped in this picture. If she IS stopped that would seem to be a huge clue to me. The front tire looks angled like the bike is at rest.

Having a change of heart about this. The handle bars look level. If the front wheel was leaning, I don't think that would be the case.

As crazy as it sounds, my daughter, who studies marine biology, says there are bull sharks in Mississippi river. Speaking of the Mississippi, they havent searched under that bridge around those banks, which are about 30 minutes from whiskey bay.

Agree that that a search would make more sense further away in the direction of the current. Was almost a week and a half before they went into the water or used side sonar.

I think she's stopped. I keep going back to this picture. I decided to take it into photoshop and super impose some images of other bike riders in different poses to see which one looks most like her in this picture. To me it very easily looks closest to the person stopped and straddling the bike.

(Hope I'm posting this image correctly - this is my first post on this board!)

7316784326_93e6c06688_o.jpg

and just if you care, here are the links to the photos I used of other riders to get a better idea of how they are standing:

Riding image:http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/07/30/article-1298905-0AA08784000005DC-407_306x423.jpg

Standing Image:http://lh4.ggpht.com/_AcRSgwGdpSI/TAkPtRD9i9I/AAAAAAAALJM/g5cH0I8oMCk/IMG_0133.JPG

Welcome! I tend to agree.

Equusearch is pulling out. Not good.

I wish someone would calculate the distance she may have travelled if she were put in the water at Whiskey Bay and search in an area that would make more sense. TES can't leave yet! Why???

Here's the thing about riding on the road. You are very, very used to cars passing you. It happens upmteen times on every bike ride. There are times when you do look behind, obviously when turning left (or changing lanes to turn left) or when coming up to places where the road narrows. But most of the time the cars just go by without much of a thought on the bike riders part.

A car travelling at 30-45 mph is going 2 to 3 times as fast as a cyclist, and with a lot of momentum (mass times velocity) so a routine pass by a car can turn out very bad for the cyclist if the car makes contact.

Another common wreck is a car overtaking
the cyclist and turning right immediately, not realizing it hasn't gone far enough past the rider, so the cyclist basically gets caught inside the car's turn. I had that happen to me and I can tell you...cars are extremely powerful. In that situation it's easy for a cyclist to fall under the vehicle and get run over by it's back wheel.

And the damage of any wreck could be greatly amplified by Mickey not wearing a helmet.

Exactly why I think that if she were accidentally hit then There would be blood on the road or skin or something, right? For this reason, I don't think it's the accident/ hide body scenario.

Equusearch is pulling out. Not good.

I caught the last few seconds of the interview with Tim Miller on KATC where he said "If anything comes up I'm only 4 hours away." I didnt get that all of TES is leaving. :/ Going to watch the re-run at 6.

Wow! That's crazy, frozen! Now why did you tie it to your dock again?

Rented a house on the water with some friends for a week. We had some food that we didn't eat so we used it to fish off the dock on the last night. We had seen some bull sharks every night (they love dark alley time areas in the water) so we put the turkey in there to see if anything would eat it. We only tied it to the dock so it wouldn't sink, knowing that anything big enough to take it would snap the cotton line. It was pretty cool to watch!

She could have been temporarily swerving the bike to the left a bit to avoid a small bump,or rocks.

Regarding handgrips- if the perp removed the hand grips, he'd have had to grasp the handlebars pretty firmly -twice- to yank them off.

So, I'm thinking the perp either didn't remove them or is a total moron.

I wish the forensics of the bike would come out soon!!!!! The photos aren't helping, we can't find the truck, so for now, the bike is our hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne