LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Atchafalaya Basin, which includes Whiskey Bay, is fresh water - not salt. There aren't any sharks in the Atchafalaya. There are bears, alligators, crawfish, coyotes, and other creatures that do scavenge.

Bull sharks very much do live in the Atchafalaya basin, they can live in both salt and fresh water. Kinda famous for their ability to make it many miles inland up rivers such as the amazon and Mississippi.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_shark"]Bull shark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Some record setting sharks have been caught all over the Atchafalaya...

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=10635603

http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Pr...asp?PR_Id=4677

Tipline no longer answered 24/7.

if this is true i have officially lost what little respect i have for the lafayette city police department. we would be better off if the boy scouts of america protected lafayette. to all of the LEO's, before you give up, could up you take a moment and try to put yourself in the shoes of Mickey's family, would you start giving up?

is it possible to do away with LCPD totally and utilize the respectable officers of the sheriffs dept and the state police?

This is a quote from a Daily Advertiser story from several days back:

"Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick traveled on both streets."

Truck was captured on video on both streets AFTER Mickey. That implies both St. Landry and Versallies. They are now saying they have a photo of the Z-71 that has not been released to the public. This second photo, I bet, is of the the truck on Versailles. And could be the mysterious vehicle seen in the Versallies Blvd.

Exactly why I think that if she were accidentally hit then There would be blood on the road or skin or something, right? For this reason, I don't think it's the accident/ hide body scenario.

If you are fully clothed, the clothes can prevent any blood from getting on the pavement.A small bump from behind could easily just give you scraped elbows and knees from falling without even damaging your clothing.I have had many of scraped knees without any damage to my jeans.

I would imagine if MS were placed in a body of water, the current could cause her to become caught up in any debris or growth?? I just hate to even post this. If I were her mother I would never stop screaming!

Regarding handgrips- if the perp removed the hand grips, he'd have had to grasp the handlebars pretty firmly -twice- to yank them off.

So, I'm thinking the perp either didn't remove them or is a total moron.

They were found separate from the bike in the same area, according to Cpl Mouton. So they got removed some kind of way.

If you are fully clothed, the clothes can prevent any blood from getting on the pavement.A small bump from behind could easily just give you scraped elbows and knees from falling without even damaging your clothing.I have had many of scraped knees without any damage to my jeans.

I would think it would be very difficult to find the amount of blood that would be present from a scrape, esp considering there was rain shortly after she was reported missing.

(head slap). Yes. The white blob. To the left of utility pole and right of speed sign. It is on the OThER side of the gutter

But, I have been saying all along that she was stopped and appears to be pointing with her left hand. Unless she was just about to turn and issuing a hand signal? I don't know biker turn signals. Could someone help me out here?

If we're conjecturing that she's stopped or slowed because of something the head sticking out of the parked car may have said or done, perhaps she is giving them directions. The easiest way to get a stranger to respond is to say "where is...?"

I can see someone yelling "Hey! Do you know how to get to...?" or "Hey! Have you seen so and so?"

This is especially effective if you're obviously not a local, with out of state plates.

Not sure what I'm seeing but it takes my breath away.

Ohhhh that just can't BE!?!?!?!

Got a big nasty adrenalin rush looking at that. Don't you think someone at the Circle K would have noticed, unless they were all drunk or drugged up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc