LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're pumping gas, you hear something, look up & the truck's tail lights are turning into the parking lot. Huh. Must be nuthin. Maybe he ran over a branch.
I would think they would hear the bicycle metal scraping the ground, Also, don't forget the other white truck and the older large car were in the same area apparently within moments/seconds of when MS and the VOI were there.

Just for fun because I think this gif is really interesting, though not plausible regarding the laws of physics, I'm posting the gif images as still shots.

ETA: okay, that didn't work like I wanted it to. Sorry!

Attachments

• efqirr.gif
    efqirr.gif
    766.9 KB · Views: 80
  • efqirr2.gif
    efqirr2.gif
    766.9 KB · Views: 44
how common are copycat serial killers? are they really real or is that just something for the movies and tv?

well, DTL didn't really do the same thing with all of his victims, so this can't really be a copycat. he drove a white truck and used whiskey bay, but only once did he use the bay.

I've looked at the photo of Mickey in front of the Circle K. It looks like she is moving to me. Both hands on the handlebars and her body is leaning forward.

What bugs me is here we are in the year MMXII and businesses still buy their surveillance cameras from the clearance shelves at Radio Shack. Much better technology available.

It seems like they aren't looking for an actual crime sceen, they are looking for a body in the water though. Just maybe they already know where the crime scene is?

But at some point, wouldn't it have seen secured? Crime scene tape, investigators, etc...? That is hard to keep out of the news, or at least off of the internet...

Here's some more information on the current cycling environment in Lafayette today vs. hopes for the future. Lafayette MPO 2035 Bikeway Plan.
Hmmm This made me realize that a lot of the old train tracks in this area are being converted to biking trails. Now I do not really think PERP was on a bike and took MS for a joy ride; but what if he had her in a remote area (very remote) and she tried to escape on bike. Should we hitting the AMTRAK, freight trains conductors with fliers? These trains often travel tracks that are rural and have 'paths that are being converted to bike routes".
If I am base, just say so. Food for thought. And IMHO, having taken Amtrak, the people who service it are kinda freaky and travel a lot and live in very rural areas. Just IMHO.

<snip>
Can you even imagine, the not knowing?
My husband and I were talking about this last night. That you can deal with anything as long as you know what you're dealing with. The unknown is the worst place to be.

i dont' normally follow cases of missing persons. i tuned into nancy grace every now and then for laci peterson and caylee anthony, but i'm not a sleuther by any means.

so i'm just curious, do the families usually hire psychics? i don't believe in them, but if one of my daughters went missing, i would be tempted to try one out, ya know. i don't think i'd allow myself to, however. i know my husband wouldn't allow it for religious reasons. again, i'm not trying to stir the pot, i'm just curious if they do

I hear ya girl! I know the circumstances that led to my sons death, but I saw a psychic some months after with the hope that I would gain more information.
And I did. I also make sure she did not know what my married name was, so there was no way she could have looked anything up.

My husband and I were talking about this last night. That you can deal with anything as long as you know what you're dealing with. The unknown is the worst place to be.

Ones imagination can be a beautiful thing, but not when your child is missing or even when you know they are gone.

If it were my daughter or sister I would have to believe she was alive as well. There are so many cases on WS that date back decades where the family members (whom many are members) still believe their loved one is alive. It would be very difficult at this point to accept the alternative.

Wo.... OMG, my stomach hurts. I literally gasped when the shot switched and kept switching. I had to turn away. You wouldn't think there would have been blood and/or broken bike pieces. It can't be. Can it????? :sick:

I know. I won't stop seeing that until it's definitely disproven

Has anyone looked in the cemetery for her?

Sorry about the creepy post.
If no one has done this yet, I am willing to go in daylight hours tomorrow. A.C.I. or anyone else locally interested? pm me....

I AM NOT GOING ALONE

But at some point, wouldn't it have seen secured? Crime scene tape, investigators, etc...? That is hard to keep out of the news, or at least off of the internet...

I would think so, I would think that not only that, but that it wouldn't have taken Mickey's family to report her missing would it? Hells bells, that would be a crime scene. Ok, do we have any reportings of a hit and run there in Lafayette, any locals??? Newpaper reports, police blotter, anything? Cause someone had to hear and see this happen. I can't imagine

I've looked at the photo of Mickey in front of the Circle K. It looks like she is moving to me. Both hands on the handlebars and her body is leaning forward.

Her right foot looks like it is on the ground to me. But the front tire looks like it is slightly leaning to the left. What if she hit something in the road and was trying to balance the bike and fell to the ground. The truck would then just have ran over her and not hit her and knocked her forward?

Other truck

The recent Advertiser article also claims there are two pictures of the Z-71 truck.
Claim second one hasn't been released. Think I'm beginning to talk like y'all.
Still, I wonder why they released the picture of the truck going back the same way toward University Avenue. Could be the same truck.
They haven't said anything about that picture, the first one ever released, again.

Yes, sometimes they do, I know that after all possibilities were exhaused, I would, and I don't even believe in them, but it would be better than not knowing? Can you even imagine, the not knowing?

no, i couldn't stand not knowing, but i also would be afraid of what the psychic might tell me. in this case, as a mother, i would want to believe she were run over rather than taken to be tortured in some way.

What bugs me is here we are in the year MMXII and businesses still buy their surveillance cameras from the clearance shelves at Radio Shack. Much better technology available.

Maybe they need to see just how bad the cameras work for them!

I hear ya girl! I know the circumstances that led to my sons death, but I saw a psychic some months after with the hope that I would gain more information.
And I did. I also make sure she did not know what my married name was, so there was no way she could have looked anything up.
Isabelle, I'm sorry that you've lost a child. I can't imagine :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member