LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying we shouldn't discuss it as it is interesting and could certainly prove relevant, but talking about photos and their composition and appearance frequently is a dead end, in the end.
snip

Hate to quote myself (okay, I don't; I sort of enjoy it) but I posted this not long before post #326 appeared.

It's just to keep in mind - but it has no bearing on what I consider the terrific sleuthing wodalo has done in presenting the matter for our consideration.

Mickey weighs 115 pounds. Add another 25 for the bike. You would think truck of that size and weight driving 30 mph (min) would definitely propel her down the street.

You guys can't be serious.

Dude or dudette lol, if you can tell me what is obscuring the front tire of this vehicle, I'll give it up, at least in the thread, but I see a light under the front of the truck and something beside the tire, and I ain't blind.

Attachments

• undertruck.jpg
    undertruck.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 77
Do any locals know if there are any cameras along the path of the truck that would have recorded the plate number?

The description of the bike does not seem like a DUI where she was grievously injured. To me,a bent back rim seems more like a purposeful 'bump'--designed to knock her out of control of the bike and get her into the car.

If someone killed her in an accident, imo, the bike would have been seriously mangled. I know it is possible that she fell and hit her head and died, but that is pretty rare occurrence, imo.
I asked in a previous thread a day or two ago, how much damage a bike would sustain if HIT hard by a car. A poster (forgot name and too tired to post #) who regularly cycles Lafayette said she thought it would be next to impossible to sustain as little damage to this bike with either a trunk shutting on it or a car hitting it from the side. Do others agree? I do...

Isabelle, I'm sorry that you've lost a child. I can't imagine :(

I would have gone to Lafayette to help search, but I just don't like passing through Grosse Tete as this is where his car left the road and he hit a tree head on. After 8+ years it is still just too painful, there a times I feel as though I will faint when bringing up imagined images of his accident.

Yeah, that picture does not show the truck hitting Mickey. There is just enough pixelation in the two pictures to make it both hard to make out details and easy to see what you want to see. The pictures are zoomed-in portions of crappy, low-light surveillance video from a camera that was not set up to capture granular detail of the activity on the street or at the Circe K.

Additionally, supposing an accident had happened right there: it would have been seen, even at 2am. And there would be debris. And LE would have reported more than a bent back rim when they found the bike. I know everyone wants to find some answer but this particular theory doesn't hold water, I'm afraid.

I hear ya girl! I know the circumstances that led to my sons death, but I saw a psychic some months after with the hope that I would gain more information.
And I did. I also make sure she did not know what my married name was, so there was no way she could have looked anything up.

(((((Isabelle)))))

Attachments

• efqirr5.jpg
    efqirr5.jpg
    716.7 KB · Views: 100
  • efqirr6.jpg
    efqirr6.jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 84
It is hard to know that Mrs. Shunick may well become a member of the club that no one wants to belong to!

Yeah, that picture does not show the truck hitting Mickey. There is just enough pixelation in the two pictures to make it both hard to make out details and easy to see what you want to see. The pictures are zoomed-in portions of crappy, low-light surveillance video from a camera that was not set up to capture granular detail of the activity on the street or at the Circe K.

Additionally, supposing an accident had happened right there: it would have been seen, even at 2am. And there would be debris. And LE would have reported more than a bent back rim when they found the bike. I know everyone wants to find some answer but this particular theory doesn't hold water, I'm afraid.

:welcome5:

I hear ya girl! I know the circumstances that led to my sons death, but I saw a psychic some months after with the hope that I would gain more information.
And I did. I also make sure she did not know what my married name was, so there was no way she could have looked anything up.

i am sorry that you lost your son :(

i guess not telling the psychic would help to not "encourage" her imagination.

for what it's worth, i heard that a psychic on Mickey's case says that she's alive, being held against her will in Covington, LA.

Isabelle, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Has anyone heard from wodalo? I hope s/he's OK.

The description of the bike does not seem like a DUI where she was grievously injured. To me,a bent back rim seems more like a purposeful 'bump'--designed to knock her out of control of the bike and get her into the car.

If someone killed her in an accident, imo, the bike would have been seriously mangled. I know it is possible that she fell and hit her head and died, but that is pretty rare occurrence, imo.
I do not think it is possible that she hit a bike crack, fell and died; because someone would have come across her. No one is going to be in trouble for being a Good Samaritan in a case like this, so someone would have found her and alerted hospitals or authorities.

Has LE alerted the train industry - AMTRAK, freights etc? I mean circus was in town for God's sake and they travel like that.

Just a tidibit, many years ago there was a train that derailed and a circus troup died or was injured along the northshore of NOLA (that is where the tale of the (forgot the name) half human/half beast who resides in the swamps got its name. Swamp Monster - some local knows this tale, there was a film made about. Supposedly, circus animals got loose and instead of dying they think a half ape/half man lives in the swamps. It has been photographed. Happened in 1960's.

I mean somebody from the circus could be missing too; and MS and this person are halfway across the country to Oregon on a train...

Sierra's parents are not accepting that she is dead, even with murder charges and a suspect. So I would hardly expect Mickey's family to be at that place so soon.

The finding of her bike did it for me, and I can't see a good ending.
Worse possible ending, IMO, is if she is never found at all.

It is hard to know that Mrs. Shunick may well become a member of the club that no one wants to belong to!

they said that she had trouble keeping food down for the first 10 days. poor lady. i can't even imagine. i really really can't

A.C.I. Any way to find out if anyone's missing from circus/fair duty? are LE onto that?

Does anyone else have the dreadful feeling that this case is going to go cold? It makes me sick to think so, but I just have a bad feeling given so many other similar cases. Ugh.
If the perp's fingerprints are not found on her bike then I believe it's a very real possibility the trail will go cold ... quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne