LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've searched several times on different days and was never told to look for any such thing!

i promise i read it somewhere lol....ive read every post on here except a few from earlier today. ill see if i can find it, it was around the time i first started posting. at any rate im i dont believe that she got hit because of it, i was just throwing the theory out there that she could have been slightly impaired.......

going to go search now for the post.

In response to my inquiry about the location of the bike, I received this e-mail from the Daily Advertiser reporter covering the story:
---------------------------------

Hi [chicken fried],

The bike was not found by the boat ramp, it was on the other side of State Route
975. It would be right below where you have Pilot Channel marked on the map.

Basically, when you are on State Route 975, heading toward I-10 from the exit
ramp, you can either turn right or left. If you go right, you end up at the boat
ramp. If you turn left, you are just in a gravel area without any kind of ramp.
It’s on that side where the bike was found and that's the area where all of the
police were working last Sunday.

As best as i can tell, based on what police said, it would have been below the
"e" in channel. (on the map I attached to the reporter) The bike was directly under the interstate. The police made it sound like it was close to the bank...my best guess based on some other stuff they said is that it was no more than 30 feet from the bank.

I was back out there yesterday and got a better look. It's a good 15- to 20-foot
dropoff from the land to where the water is -- very steep and very rocky. It
makes it easier to see why police are not 100 percent sure whether the damage to
the bike came from a hit-and-run or something else. Just my personal opinion,
but it definitely looks possible that a bicycle could get damaged if someone
threw it in that terrain and that distance. But I don't have any other
information or details, that's just a personal observation.
------

Here's the map I sent the source, referenced in the above.

I read it, but did not analyze. I was looking for a bottom line, but it did not seem to rule our a dump of evidence by boat.

good! i'm glad they are thinking a little outside the box - no pun intended

I guess. But it kinda worries me that LE DOESN'T have as much info as we have been hoping they were holding onto. Unless TES is not privvy to all of LE's info. I don't know??

Finally I am caught up and can post!! I went out on the Monday after Mickey went missing, and hang up flyers. I have not made it out again and feel I need to do something. Anyone who has been there, I need your input. Were there other things besides going out in th ewoods searching that could be done? I can do anything BUT that. I am a big baby when it comes to bugs!! I have been a correction officer and dealt with inmates, but and terrified of bugs, And I have terrible allergies and one day out searching would lay me up for a week!

Also if anyone here wants to send me on a wild goose chase checking things out, Let me know.
Just to throw it out there, I do believe that she is alive, and the bike was thrown out when the heat became too hot as a diversion. I maybe read too much about serial killers and true crime, as it is my obsession, but this is my feeling as to what is going on.

I know this is long, but I also want to thank the WS community in dealing qwith us cajuns!! I have alway sfollowed since Natalee Holloway and just signed up for this case. I have seen nothing but concern and support from you guys!! I definitely intend to stick around!!

Maybe contact one of the search leaders. I am certain there is probably something they would need help with.

Oh oh wild goose chases lol. You may regret that (teasing).

I guess. But it kinda worries me that LE DOESN'T have as much info as we have been hoping they were holding onto. Unless TES is not privvy to all of LE's info. I don't know??

TES would not be privvy to all that LE has.

They are search and rescue.

I've searched several times on different days and was never told to look for any such thing!

Maybe searchers already found it. It was said in the press conference a few days back there were other items of interest recovered. FWIW I do remember the post about the pipe and searchers being told to look for it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

The police tip line? Using regular volunteers to take tips?

Yep...when you walk into blackham the first table on the right there is a signup to man the tip lines. The sign said LPD tip line.

I know I just throw comments out here and there, too busy reading and catching up from what I missed all day!! Just wanted to comment on this. I have a girl I work with who LIVES HERE and I had to tell her there was a miising person in our area!!! It is crazy the amount of people who don't watch the news. Or open their eyes for that matter.

Like the people who are putting gas in the those cars at Circle K. We are too busy facebooking on our phones while the gas is pumping itself (well not Chicken Fried) or listening to music so loud it could quite possibly prevent us from saving someone's life :(

ok the reference to searching for a pipe is in thread #8, post #315 i believe.

Would LE withhold this information about a HIT and RUN from the public at the request of her family?

This makes no sense to me. Why are her mom and sister running around sincerely heartbroken with NOT KNOWING where Mickey is, or what happened to her? What reason would they have for "asking" LE to withhold hit and run info? I don't think LE would be obligated to honor any such request, regardless...??

Wait - s/he has more photos of Mickey 'under the truck'????? Wadalo, please post all enhanced photos that you have. And thanks for your hard work.

I knew I should have logged out right away... there goes my good nights sleep. :(

Yes this is what he does for a living...here are some quotes about the other techniques he is using that we have not seen.

as to the pics... i do way more than look at them... but its hard to explain, but i do throw them into "photoshop" as well... that is where i made the gif (poorly)... as it is not my preferred software...

if i know what i am looking for, i can find it... otherwise i am just like everyone else, blow it up, what do i see, shrink it down, what do i see... i have been over these pics before looking at different details... i originally "assumed" based on stance that the truck was accelerating to give it its current stance, but that certainly goes against the brake lights... white paint on the bike was key... i now knew what i was looking for... and unfortunately found it... when i showed my wife (who doesn't understand why i care) the gif... she looked at the kitties that haven't been fed, and a sink full of dishes and rolled her eyes... when i showed her what i had on my other screens... she cried... handed me her phone and said call them...

Who established they partook? Just curious. Wouldn't be terribly surprised but substance in which she partook could give insight.
Heard she wasn't drinking.

Blah...wish I never did. B/c I honestly don't think whether she partook played any role in what happened to her that night.

I think we "assumed" that the group did, b/c of certain FB pics that suggested so, and then I supported that theory with the fact that a pipe was listed with her belongings in the backpack.

Like I said, I wish I'd never mentioned that part. It's been brought up far too many times. I'm not trying to drag the poor girl's name through the mud. Pot/weed whatever you wanna call it, is not a big deal to some, but still, under the circumstances, I don't want to appear to be portraying a victim in a light that I don't know is a true one, b/c I haven't seen it with my own eyes.

Yes opens at 8 am. They left, but left a grid search planned for areas of interest and members of the community are stepping up and leading the way. Come check it out.

I'm glad they were here as long as they were able to be and while it's a little disappointing they are having to leave, I know they brought wonderful ideas and organization to the table and I'm sure the search efforts will still better than before TES was brought in.

Blah...wish I never did. B/c I honestly don't think whether she partook played any role in what happened to her that night.

I think we "assumed" that the group did, b/c of certain FB pics that suggested so, and then I supported that theory with the fact that a pipe was listed with her belongings in the backpack.

Like I said, I wish I'd never mentioned that part. It's been brought up far too many times. I'm not trying to drag the poor girl's name through the mud. Pot/weed whatever you wanna call it, is not a big deal to some, but still, under the circumstances, I don't want to appear to be portraying a victim in a light that I don't know is a true one, b/c I haven't seen it with my own eyes.

oh no of course not. i certainly dont think any less of her for it, and im sure many feel the same way. i was just arguing the point that just because her friends said she did not drink that night, it didnt mean that she couldnt have been impaired in any other way. no harm meant by bringing it up. :eek:

This makes no sense to me. Why are her mom and sister running around sincerely heartbroken with NOT KNOWING where Mickey is, or what happened to her? What reason would they have for "asking" LE to withhold hit and run info? I don't think LE would be obligated to honor any such request, regardless...??

Lots of people would be facing lots of charges if they did this. Its illegal

Actually even if her mom and sister knew about her being hit.. They still do NOT KNOW where she is and regardless if she is alive or dead they still want her body back to have a proper burial and grieving process. If you recall everyone on here was questioning why her mom made the statement about she thinks "Someone had a accident" like she was so sure of it. Maybe because she actually saw the accident? Maybe the search efforts and volunteer efforts would not be as large if everyone thought someone had a "accident".

It was I...and this was in the pre-TES days, that was one of the items rattled off to us by our team leader. I'm sure diff TL's were giving slightly different lists, b/c it wasn't organized at the time. Just like the Schwinn Cutter v. Schwinn Madison issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024