LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've taken a lot of time this morning to give good info and photos.

The "bumpy stuff" is the road where it changes from fresh asphalt to old concrete. The new asphalt is smeared onto the concrete.

Here it is again :waitasec:

St_Landry_bump.jpg

Look at the photo again. I am not sure, but I think he is referring the the darker blob that is in front and to the right of the bike. It is in the right place and about the correct size to be Mickey's shadow. This could be part of the asphalt patch, but it is much darker than the rest. I do not find it difficult to believe the Circle K lights could be casting a shadow of her on the road.

Are they looking for a boat? Why would they IF they have the bike with white paint on it to match to a white truck they may already have video of and asking the public for help in locating it? Finding a boat or whether it went in by boat would not matter at this point....unless the white paint were from a boat...which I don't think it is. Wouldn't it be easier on LE resources to discover the link of the paint on a Z71 than the unreality of finding a link between a Z71 and a boat launched at Butte la Rose with a bike in it? Do they have camera at these boat ramps? Sure it may be found out after they find the perp he placed the bike in the water by boat, (if he wants to admit it) but it won't matter because he's already in custody.....and being drilled for Mickey's location...which is the goal here. And didn't LE already state they believe it entered by way of land?

I just don't see the relevance, tbh.

They have a pic of the Z71. They don't have one of the boat. They're enlisting the public's help with the truck.

Finding a boat might help find a body. We have to work all angles, and not just focus on the truck.

And NO, LE did NOT state the bike was placed there by land. They stated it was "placed there, not thrown from the bridge"

Fine, but big, difference. I'm taking them at their word, and looking at all options.

OK, lets say the bike was placed there from a/the boat. How are you going to find "the" or "a" boat connected to Mickey....even if the perp used one-- to find her?

I realize you want to explore and prove your theory...and I agree a bike would prolly toss or be pushed by the velocity of the current if not snagged by anything, but I can't see how proving the theory a boat was used will find MS. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
images

I actually DID get on my hands and knees and look in those gutters/drains whatever you want to call them...HOPING not to see any curly blonde hair. I just knew she had to be somewhere. Or some of her belongings. But I did not have a flashlight and definitely possible we missed something. I'm sure LE/TES checked them thoroughly though.

Flashlight would make that blonde hair sparkle like gold!

She's probably somewhere behind in the thread. When she catches up, I hope she'll see my multiple requests and we'll learn more.

Driving this thing is like trying to turn the Titanic!! Got to turn the helm a looonnnng way in advance and wait for something to happen

:rolleyes:

Are you sure that this is the poster who remarked about the two bikers being seen behind the funeral home?

I can no longer find that post or any of the replies - including my own.

I went to MiaBella's profile and it is not listed in her posts either.

Are you sure that this is the poster who remarked about the two bikers being seen behind the funeral home?

YES-I read it to!!

When the issue of Congress street came up, I did hear Mickey's sister say that one of her friends told her that she thought she saw her (cs) riding her bike down congress that night. My impression is by the Adiens grocery store area.

i figured it was deleted

Good idea, but not necessary. Photos of any vehicle hitting that bump will do, from ground level. Honestly, i don't need another picture. The screencap from the WS members' video, combined with the released photo of the truck, tells the whole story.

Maybe not necessary for you...you've already moved on. Once someone's mind gets stuck on something (at least me) I have a hard time letting it go. All things go against it being Mickey but looking at all pics it doesn't look like a 'road patch' or bump to me, even knowing there is one there.

Have you all discussed the whether the lights on Mickey's were broken or not-If so-I won't begin a convo about it!

OK, lets say the bike was placed there from a/the boat. How are you going to find "the" or "a" boat connected to Mickey....even if the perp used one-- to find her?

I realize you want to explore and prove your theory...and I agree a bike would prolly toss or be pused by the velocity of the current if not snagged by anything, but I can't see how proving the theory a boat was used will find MS. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
images

I was just leaving and saw this...

I didn't want to put it so bluntly... but if a boat and a bike drift can be ruled in - then they can guess where to start dragging the Pilot Channel. That's how it would find MS.

:woohoo

I am confused, my original post is not on the thread?

I don't know if you've all discussed this-but-if the perp dropped her bike from the bridge wouldn't the lights break and maybe thats why LE think the bike was placed their as the lights are NOT broken!MOOC

That's possible. There are probably several things that make LE think the bike was placed there.

Tire marks: Near the bike, police also say they found tire marks from a vehicle that was driving off the road's side leading police to believe the vehicle placed the bike there

With the bike's condition, police have also revealed their discovery of off-road tire tracks near the bridge where the bike was found.

I'm curious about the use of the phrase "off-road". Does this mean the tire tracks were from an "off-road" vehicle, such as a 4-wheeler? Otherwise, why not just say "revealed their discovery of tire tracks near the bridge"? The use of the phrase "off-road" could describe the type of vehicle that was used. Other than 4-wheelers and dirt bikes, what kinds of vehicles could be considered "off-road"?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7999687&postcount=811"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012: #18[/ame]

Yeah, I don't think it was MiaBella who said that; someone else, whose posts have now been deleted....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas