LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there are cameras at the Whiskey Bay area.....I wonder if they were able to capture a picture of the truck with the bike in the bed before it was dumped. This may be why they are confident that the bike was dumped the same night she went missing....and that it was dropped of from the exit and not from a boat....jmo

Driving behind Mickey, then hit her/stop and pick her up/whatever happened... 2 minutes doesn't seem like a long enough time.

What if we reverse the order of the pictures. Truck drives past Mickey, then turns around to follow her. They could do that in a 2 minute time frame.

If it is the same truck that would seem the more likely scenario. He does a quick turnaround to follow her. If thats the case it looks like she was targeted.

I just got back from a walkthrough of the Circle K to St. Louis St. area, t get the facts for myself, instead of reading them here second hand. I learned some very interesting and alarming things. I will be putting together a cmprehensive post, but it's going t take me some time. I want to put it together with some maps to try to end the confusion here, and upload some photos. It is a good amount of material, and will take awhile, and my right hand is not up to it at this moment.

I will post it all at once, hopefully tonight, maybe tomorrow A.M., so as to avoid confusion.

I will give y'all one thing now to discuss. I rode around with a security guard at the closed Our Lady of Lourdes hospital for half an hour, and the guard saw Mickey all the time and talked with her and knew her route. I will be calling the PI to make sure he has interviewed the guard.

The guard said that Mickey did not go all the way to Coliseum Rd. at the dead end of St. Landry. She said that Mickey turned left on St. Julien, right on Johnston, and right on Cajundome.

Maybe that information has been printed before, and maybe that's what her family has said - I honestly don't know and don't know where to find the link.

But a guard who saw Mickey says her route home included cutting over to Johnston St., using St. Julien St., because the guard used to see her turning left there after passing the hospital.

That's all for now, but I thought I'd give y'all that to start. The rest of what I found is outside the box, alarming, and, as a local, it makes sense. More on that later.

Just verifying that route was not what her friends and family suggested but I think it's been proven they may not have been up on her current choice of routes.

Looking forward to your post.

Since there are cameras at the Whiskey Bay area.....I wonder if they were able to capture a picture of the truck with the bike in the bed before it was dumped. This may be why they are confident that the bike was dumped the same night she went missing....and that it was dropped of from the exit and not from a boat....jmo

:welcome5:

Unfortunately, the cameras at WB do not record.

Is it just me, or does it look like the tailgate is missing?? If someone else has ask this, I am sorry for repeating. I am a newbie.

You're not alone....I also think the tailgate is missing and have since the first time I saw the pic.

Is it just me, or does it look like the tailgate is missing?? If someone else has ask this, I am sorry for repeating. I am a newbie.

It's my opinion that the tailgate is either missing or it's up. If it were down, you'd be able to see the silhouette of the tailgate protruding from the right-rear of the pickup.

I just got back from a walkthrough of the Circle K to St. Louis St. area, t get the facts for myself, instead of reading them here second hand. I learned some very interesting and alarming things. I will be putting together a cmprehensive post, but it's going t take me some time. I want to put it together with some maps to try to end the confusion here, and upload some photos. It is a good amount of material, and will take awhile, and my right hand is not up to it at this moment.

I will post it all at once, hopefully tonight, maybe tomorrow A.M., so as to avoid confusion.

I will give y'all one thing now to discuss. I rode around with a security guard at the closed Our Lady of Lourdes hospital for half an hour, and the guard saw Mickey all the time and talked with her and knew her route. I will be calling the PI to make sure he has interviewed the guard.

The guard said that Mickey did not go all the way to Coliseum Rd. at the dead end of St. Landry. She said that Mickey turned left on St. Julien, right on Johnston, and right on Cajundome.

Maybe that information has been printed before, and maybe that's what her family has said - I honestly don't know and don't know where to find the link.

But a guard who saw Mickey says her route home included cutting over to Johnston St., using St. Julien St., because the guard used to see her turning left there after passing the hospital.

That's all for now, but I thought I'd give y'all that to start. The rest of what I found is outside the box, alarming, and, as a local, it makes sense. More on that later.

I'm waiting.... suspense.

to comment on the prevalence of white trucks, i find it interesting that there's also a white truck with chrome bumper in one of the pics saints_streets posted. on the opposite side of the circle k.

Dang, I wish I had a Chicken fried update for when you drop this post. I know it will be a good one, because I was alarmed too after riding St. Landry and observing.... That bike route makes total sense BTW. St. Landry, St. Julien, right on Johnston to Cajundome blvd, good work my friend.

Anyone notice KATC had not mentioned WT today?

Also, rumor has it (my husband saw the commercial, not me, so don't quote me ;) ) Fox News at 8pm Judge Piro will be discussing MS case.

Sorry, what is "WT"?

I had mentioned/thought the same thing. It could be lighting, BUT it looks like the tailgate is gone/missing b/c you can see the inside of the back end IMO (doesn't necessarily mean it was up in the other pic either...the lighting is horrible)

the fact that this is the same truck makes it less suspicious for me now. If the driver isn't from the area, not only may he not know anyone is looking for him, but it is conceivable that he did not know that st. Landry does not continue through to a populated main street. According to the maps i've seen, it ends at coliseum not too far down, which is fairly dark and deserted (as described here). Being unfamiliar, he may have turned around and headed back up towards university. It is a main street and he would not want to get lost further. This would not take more than a few min. JMO

I'm starting to agree with those who believe they aren't really interested in the public's help id'ing the truck as they are not trying too hard to be sure we have all we need to help them.

I'm with you here. Not sure who they need to get straight - the person Artis spoke with on the phone or the press release/website/media relations people. On their own website it lists the truck going left as the 'newer model' that was ruled out. Can't be that important to find if that's the case.

If it is the same truck that would seem the more likely scenario. He does a quick turnaround to follow her. If thats the case it looks like she was targeted.

Did they say it had travelled BOTH streets AFTER her? I think that would mean the former rather than the latter. JMO

There's no way to tell because of the poor quality. Someone at a professional level, like the FBI, may be able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg